Top draft needs according to nfl draft countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top draft needs according to nfl draft countdown

1. Defensive Tackle: The Sam Adams experiment was a huge bust and to say that there is almost nothing beyond last years 4th round pick Marcus Thomas would likely qualify as a major understatement.
    2. Safety: John Lynch is nearing the end of his great career and he will have to be replaced soon. Meanwhile neither Hamza Abdullah or Nick Ferguson have proved that they are the answer alongside him.
    3. Offensive Tackle: With the somewhat unexpected retirement of Matt Lepsis left tackle could be a concern if Ryan Harris is not up to the job. Even if he is though depth now becomes a problem as well.

......i cant say i agree about hamza and marcus thomas, and also think that MLB is our biggest need

I think you misunderstood the Thomas line. He saying that we don't have much for depth behind Thomas. I would agree with that.

Comment

sorry your right

Comment

MLB our greatest need?

Even if you don't rate DJ Williams highly, you can't claim he's a disaster at the position at all.

We are, however, 100% certainly screwed at the DT position. We need two high quality players in that position minimum, and one must be able to start immediately. Otherwise, next season is dead in the water already.

Abdullah has proved absolutely nothing so far, massive question marks over him although he does show potential to be a solid, if not spectacular, player in my opinion.

We certainly need OT as well.

Comment

It would be best to brig in a starting DT (Rogers, Spears, Williams) before the draft and then use a 4th round selection to grab another body (and hope we nail it)... Our D-line is so young... we could use one experienced player up front.

I think LB is a must. We should be able to grab a stud in round 2. Would help to sign a Boss Bailey, Suggs, Dansby.

I also think DEN should be able to find a FS/SS in the 4th round.. Heck, Phillips might even fall to us in the 2nd.

SO... if we bring in 2 starters on defense before the draft (DT & LB) and then we spend our 2nd round pick on LB, both 4ths on DT & S... We should be good to go on defense.

This leaves DEN with their 1st rounder... OT or RB (unless Ellis is there)... Then, we still have both 5ths & 7ths to hit HRs... AND, would help to grab another 2 or 3 round pick!

Comment

i love dj, dont get me wrong, but i would like to see him play back outside, and get a big patrick willis type MLB, and you are absolutely right about the DT's, any free agents in mind, that aren't named albert hasyneworth?? i like the idea of corey williams alot, and cannot say im a fan of shaun rogers but wouldn't mind him,

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac99 View Post
              i love dj, dont get me wrong, but i would like to see him play back outside, and get a big patrick willis type MLB, and you are absolutely right about the DT's, any free agents in mind, that aren't named albert hasyneworth?? i like the idea of corey williams alot, and cannot say im a fan of shaun rogers but wouldn't mind him,
              Couldnt agree more. I dont know if DJ has the presence of a Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher. These guys play with passion and are the leaders of the defense. I think we give DJ one more year to see if he can solidify the position and we should draft Rivers, Connor, or Henderson. If DJ doesnt work out in the middle, we can switch him back to outside and either move our LB pick this year in the middle or keep him on the outside and go after a MLB next year. Do you realize we havent drafted a LB since DJ Williams? Not even a late rounder to develop and now we have a LB core that lacks depth and talent. Lets not push this off again.
              A book I wrote

Comment

Working...
              X