Jamar Adams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamar Adams

what does everyone think of him, i think he could be a great player to pick up if we are able to get in a pick in the 3rd round

he has terrific size at 6-2 215 and runs about a 4.5.

he could possibly shore up our S depth at least and provide valuable special teams player

what do you think
    sigpic
    -------

If we dont go Phillips in the first I am all for him. He is my second favorite S in the draft. He hits like a mack truck and is a perfect replacement for Lynch. If Abdullah can play more consistent I think those two could be a very good, young pair of S for years to come.!
    sigpic

Comment

He's a quality pick up. If he falls in the third, you can bet Shanny will make a move to draft him
      Co-founders of the

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
        If we dont go Phillips in the first I am all for him. He is my second favorite S in the draft. He hits like a mack truck and is a perfect replacement for Lynch. If Abdullah can play more consistent I think those two could be a very good, young pair of S for years to come.!
        i agree, but why is he in the third or fourth round. he seems to have everything you want in a safety

was it just because of the down season Michigan had or lack of playing time im not sure
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

I like DaJuan Morgan more!!

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
            i agree, but why is he in the third or fourth round. he seems to have everything you want in a safety

was it just because of the down season Michigan had or lack of playing time im not sure
            Well a lil of a lot of things. He isnt really the whole package, he is more of a in the box type of player and isnt the greatest in coverage. Michigan also had kind of a down year and so did the defense but he was one of the bright spots. If he had a year to learn behind Lynch I think he is the type of player that could very well come into his own and become a decent starter for us in '09. IMHO
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
              Well a lil of a lot of things. He isnt really the whole package, he is more of a in the box type of player and isnt the greatest in coverage. Michigan also had kind of a down year and so did the defense but he was one of the bright spots. If he had a year to learn behind Lynch I think he is the type of player that could very well come into his own and become a decent starter for us in '09. IMHO
              Nah, we didn't have a down year... You forgetting we finally won a bowl game? Against Florida none-the-less? Our defense was the best part of our team after the first 2 weeks. Yeah, D was the reason we lost against Appalachian State and Oregon, but it was legit the rest of the way. We could have easily went 10-2 had Henne stayed healthy.

Anyways. Coming from a Michigan fan. I like Adams, but I don't think he could be a starter in the NFL. He was solid in college, nothing spectacular and he'll make for a solid backup. I actually liked Brandent Engelmon more than Adams as far as a player. Although I don't think Engelmon is going in the draft.

If I had to compare him to someone I'd say he's a less athletic Kenoy Kennedy.

But Shanny does love Michigan players so you never know
              sigpic

Comment

From what I\\\'ve been reading, Jamar Adams struggles in coverage. I think any DB, including safeties, should be able to stick to at least slower WRs and TEs downfield, and help the corners over the top. Still, he has nice size and appears to be a force in tackling and run support, but I wouldn\\\'t draft him before round 4, and I definitely wouldn\\\'t consider him the answer at FS (he\\\'s more of a SS anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                  From what I\\\'ve been reading, Jamar Adams struggles in coverage. I think any DB, including safeties, should be able to stick to at least slower WRs and TEs downfield, and help the corners over the top. Still, he has nice size and appears to be a force in tackling and run support, but I wouldn\\\'t draft him before round 4, and I definitely wouldn\\\'t consider him the answer at FS (he\\\'s more of a SS anyway).
                  Thats true. Our pass defense was pretty poor when we had Lynch consistently in the box. I want a very fast coverage safety to step in behind Lynch. I like the looks of a Thomas DeCoud a very fast cover safety. Obviously Philips would be great because he's great at both coverage and run support but support against the run should be a Safety's second priority. With Lynch (because of age) it was his first and our coverage suffered.
                  A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
                    Thats true. Our pass defense was pretty poor when we had Lynch consistently in the box. I want a very fast coverage safety to step in behind Lynch. I like the looks of a Thomas DeCoud a very fast cover safety. Obviously Philips would be great because he's great at both coverage and run support but support against the run should be a Safety's second priority. With Lynch (because of age) it was his first and our coverage suffered.
                    Well this year is pretty thin at safety as far as the draft goes. We should probably just make a push for Gibril Wilson, unless we decide to draft Kenny Phillips at #12... Other than that there's pretty much no players that could be good starters in the NFL. The one's with the best chance though would probably be Jonathan Hefney, Quintin Demps, and Marcus Griffin
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X