Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A possibility?? thoughts on Javon and a trade??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A possibility?? thoughts on Javon and a trade??

Maybe I'm just over thinking a little bit here but a lot of people are talking about how we need a RB etc etc. which I agree with to an extent, BUT I'm with a lot of the other people saying not in the 1st round!!!

Would it be a possibility to talk trade with Minnesota.

Minnesota needs a Playmaker at WR BAD ... they have considerably 2 very decent RB's on their roster. Chester Taylor and Mewelde Moore. Minnesota has already said they won't trade Chester for anything short of a round 2 pick. SO what if we offered them Walker and some sort of later round pick in exchange for Chester.

I think Chester is a back that could carry the full load and he hasn't had much wear and tear over the years.

Mewelde Moore is also not a bad back, I'd rather have Chester though!

Just a thought!!
    sigpic

Nah. I say we trade Javon Walker straight up for Adrian Peterson and the Vikings first round! I makes just as much sense.

Keep the draft picks. Don't worry about running back until the second round.
    Owned:
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not real crazy about Chester. I understand what you're saying about RBs in the 1st though, but personally, I think it would be best to get Mendenhall and trade down if possible to Detroit and get Rogers and more picks because we are at a bad spot in the draft. That is unless we get Ellis.
      sigpic
      Made by Houshmazode

Comment

It has been reported but not clarified that Denver will release 'The Javon' b4 March 1st, by Adam Schefter IIRC.

Comment

i would trade javon and a 7th for chester taylor !

people forget that untill peterson arrived he was 1 of the best backs in the NFC before peterson. may i remind you that as a back up last year he.... had 157 att for 844 yds, avg 5.4 per carry while scoring 7td's, not to mention he had 281 yds recieveing on 29 catches as a back-up that was more than any of our current backs. i'm sorry but if we can get taylor in a trade for javon and a pick....do it do it now!!!! unless they want a 1st or 2nd, i say do it!

also we would be stupid to cut him now we should hold him untill the last possible second, especially with a few teams rumored to have interest in him.
          Last edited by elevation INC; 02-12-2008, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I would rather have Mendenhall.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
              I would rather have Mendenhall.

thats nice for you, i wouldnt mind him either, but the thread isnt about mendehall its about taylor and walker

Comment

I would give up Walker and a 4th for Taylor. Like elevation INC said, Taylor was producing steadily before Peterson came in and showed some bursts this year as a backup. I think it's a definitely possibilty for a trade.

Although I know reports are saying Walker will be released.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                  i would trade javon and a 7th for chester taylor !

people forget that untill peterson arrived he was 1 of the best backs in the NFC before peterson. may i remind you that as a back up last year he.... had 157 att for 844 yds, avg 5.4 per carry while scoring 7td's, not to mention he had 281 yds recieveing on 29 catches as a back-up that was more than any of our current backs. i'm sorry but if we can get taylor in a trade for javon and a pick....do it do it now!!!! unless they want a 1st or 2nd, i say do it!

also we would be stupid to cut him now we should hold him untill the last possible second, especially with a few teams rumored to have interest in him.
                  I'm sure they will hold him until Feb 29th praying for a trade, but in all honesty, God and everyone knows they will have to cut him. So like vultures they will circle the waiver wire LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                    I'm sure they will hold him until Feb 29th praying for a trade, but in all honesty, God and everyone knows they will have to cut him. So like vultures they will circle the waiver wire LOL

you are probally right, but i am praying for this trade....

Comment

I'm pretty much praying for any trade. To cut Walker is insane .. he is still a decent WR.

We could even propose Walker for Mewelde Moore straight up. Mewelde Moore could certainly help us on special teams with returns!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                        I'm pretty much praying for any trade. To cut Walker is insane .. he is still a decent WR.

We could even propose Walker for Mewelde Moore straight up. Mewelde Moore could certainly help us on special teams with returns!

true, i refuse to by into the notion that we will just let wlaker go without trying to get something for him. hell we can trade him to minnesota for sindey rice....haha

Comment

Working...
                        X