Travis Henry likely to be cut? ... Rotoworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Henry likely to be cut? ... Rotoworld

found this on Rotoworld and I don't know if it's been posted but I found it interesting. He must not be willing to restructure then right?

Originally posted by Rotoworld
    The Broncos are expected to add a backfield complement for Selvin Young this offseason.

Coach Mike Shanahan believes that Young, who's currently recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery, is only a 10-15 carry per game back. Travis Henry is likely to be cut. Rashard Mendenhall (Illinois) and Ray Rice (Rutgers) are draft-eligible runners who'd fit nicely in the Broncos' one-cut scheme.

discuss ...
    sigpic

STEWART OR MENDENHALL

i ould love to see either of those 2 in uor backfield. they would give us a RB teams need to fear not just stop.
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

JFC more man crush threads. Why not just post this in the 100 other Man Crush RB threads?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
        JFC more man crush threads. Why not just post this in the 100 other Man Crush RB threads?
        I wasn't posting this for a "man-crush" ... I posted it because I found it odd the talk on Henry being cut?

anyway ....

Ray Rice is not a bad thought either and from what I'm seeing wouldn't cost us a 1st rounder.
        sigpic

Comment

This isn't anything new. The Broncos aren't going to want to pay him big bucks after a season of injury and distraction. He'll have to restructure or he'll be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
            Ray Rice is not a bad thought either and from what I'm seeing wouldn't cost us a 1st rounder.
            I read in a late-January issue of SI that he was ranked the #12 prospect, but that doesn't mean much.
            sigpic
            Made by Houshmazode

Comment

What makes me most frustrated and sad when I read about Henry is that so many of us last year were saying "bad idea" at the time. It's just been another stupid FA blunder and bad pickup. It's cutting our losses, but damn, I hate to say I told you so, but... just makes me sick to my stomach at what a waste and stupid idea it was in the first place to bring him here.

Comment

He'll only be gone if he refuses to renegotiate his contract to reduce his salary cap hit. He's due a big signing bonus, but after the year he's had he didn't earn it.

He faces a lot of uncertainty if he hits the FA market and he might find it tough to get a job. Lots of RBs and lots of talent in the draft. He's been injured a lot during his career and was ineffective most of last year.

His chances are better if he takes a pay-cut and stays in Denver.

If he does, the Broncos probably DON'T draft a top RB and Henry's chances of coming back and being the #1 back and posting big #'s in 2008 are a LOT better. Then he could hit the FA market in 2009 and generate more interest than he would right now.
                sigpic

Comment

Since there's no way to go back in time and undo the signing of Travis Henry, I would say the best option would be to just keep him around for this year and not expect much. The cap hit would not be worth it. I say plan for the upcoming year as if Henry will be injured on any given week. That means draft Mendenhall
                  sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                    He'll only be gone if he refuses to renegotiate his contract to reduce his salary cap hit. He's due a big signing bonus, but after the year he's had he didn't earn it.

He faces a lot of uncertainty if he hits the FA market and he might find it tough to get a job. Lots of RBs and lots of talent in the draft. He's been injured a lot during his career and was ineffective most of last year.

His chances are better if he takes a pay-cut and stays in Denver.

If he does, the Broncos probably DON'T draft a top RB and Henry's chances of coming back and being the #1 back and posting big #'s in 2008 are a LOT better. Then he could hit the FA market in 2009 and generate more interest than he would right now.
                    Actually Cugal it has been reported they have him on the trading block right now, so they will not try to renegotiate unless a trade can not be made...Javon Walker, Mike Bell, Ian Gold and Travis Henry are the main players currently on Denver's trading block according to at least three valid sources. And it pretty much has been said the team will renegotiate with Walker to lessen the hit so he can be released if it needs be, but Henry who is due 6 mil will likely be cut the minute free agency begins, or that is when we will see a restructured contract. Maybe Oakland will give us a 7th Round pick for Henry and Bell together....I would take it!

Comment

if henry is gone then i will be back on the johnathan stewart train (was before the season started, then i saw our defensive issues)
                      sigpic
                      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                        if henry is gone then i will be back on the johnathan stewart train (was before the season started, then i saw our defensive issues)
                        At this point I do not care if we draft Mendenhall or Stewart, either one will improve our offense, I do favor Mendenhall...but I would not complain about Stewart either because both of them are beastly running backs.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                          At this point I do not care if we draft Mendenhall or Stewart, either one will improve our offense, I do favor Mendenhall...but I would not complain about Stewart either because both of them are beastly running backs.
                          agreed, i am just leaning towards stewart because i believe he is more of the power runner that shanny was looking for when he brought in henry but mendenhall is more agile and quick so it is up in the air for now.
                          sigpic
                          "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Hmm, I know in retrospect we got (almost) the worst case scenario. But I think we've been incredibly unfortunate with some of our recent pick ups such as Travis and Javon. In Henry we picked up a runner who fit our system, had proven himself behind a mediocre OL in Tenn and was a month away from a clean drugs slate. In the end it's not necessarily his fault that things happened that way...and he was proven innocent. Maybe it was a case of the league's heightened awareness because of his past? Who knows, but had it not happened may well have gotten a decent haul.

Also consider that Javon did have his team mate die in his arms, I'm pretty sure that factors in somewhere. In the end, although the result is a couple of bad moves by the FO, the circumstances were exacerbated by extraordinary factors which weren't necessarily a direct result of the players' actions.
                            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
                              Hmm, I know in retrospect we got (almost) the worst case scenario. But I think we've been incredibly unfortunate with some of our recent pick ups such as Travis and Javon. In Henry we picked up a runner who fit our system, had proven himself behind a mediocre OL in Tenn and was a month away from a clean drugs slate. In the end it's not necessarily his fault that things happened that way...and he was proven innocent. Maybe it was a case of the league's heightened awareness because of his past? Who knows, but had it not happened may well have gotten a decent haul.

Also consider that Javon did have his team mate die in his arms, I'm pretty sure that factors in somewhere. In the end, although the result is a couple of bad moves by the FO, the circumstances were exacerbated by extraordinary factors which weren't necessarily a direct result of the players' actions.
                              You sound an awful lot like a lawyer!

Comment

Working...
                              X