Travis Henry likely to be cut? ... Rotoworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Henry is staying

I was just wondering if you guys still think we'll draft an RB. If so, who and when? I'm going for Choice, Green-Ellis, or Hilliard in the 3rd(trade), 4th, or 5th.

Note: I still like Mendenhall and Stewart too.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

With Henry staying, I hope we do still draft a RB and I hope they select Matt Forte from Tulane. There is something about the way he plays the game that I like. He reminds me Robert Smith (Vikings).
      QB with Cannon Arm- check
      RB that runs like a Tank- check
      Top Flight WR's- check
      Heat Seeking DL- check
      Peircing LB Corp- check
      No fly zone Secondary- check

Comment

It was unlikely that the Broncos were going to draft a running back in the first round before they restructured Henry's contract. It's almost a given that they won't after they restructured Henry's contract.

This should not be a surprise or disappointment to anyone. Henry's proven potential to produce in the Broncos scheme makes him a better choice than Mendenhall or Stewart. When I say proven potential, I'm talking about the fact that Henry was leading the league in rushing in the first four weeks of last season before he got hurt. He was on pace to gain close to 1,500 yards. If he can stay healthy, he might accomplish that. He deserves one more chance to get it done. If he can't stay healthy in 2008, he should be cut in 2009. Someone in another thread mentioned that Henry averaged 13 games per season before he became a Bronco. That's not bad. Hopefully he will be available for all 16 games in 2008.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

We'll draft a RB late in the draft.

Denver is going to go through the same $hit this year with the running game that they have for the last 3 years.

Denver will be going into the draft next year, with another nned as an every down RB. Except it won't be nearly as deep.

I'm going to be upset if this Henry ordeal is going to prevent Denver from getting a quality back in the draft this year.

Comment

Travis Henry led the league in rushing his first four games. With all the time he missed injured he still had half our rushing yards. He also had 4 of our 7 rushing touchdowns. All four came before his injury (in the first four games). If he stays healthy just imagine the possibilities.

Comment

I agree. This moves means Shanny has declared: NO RB come first day of draft!

A lock we grab a LB and DT or OT. I think still a possibility we grab a WR or Kenny Phillips.

SO... at least we narrowed the scope. NOW, have to see what free agency brings and what direction first 11 picks.

Desean Jackson? Balmer? Phillips? OT in the first?
              Lofton? Henderson? HArdy? Goff? Mayo? Highsmith in the second?

AS MUCH as I would love to grab RM or JS... After further review... I think IF we grab a offensive weapon... WR makes more sense. WHY? After Marshall... we have nada! Shanny seems to have a knack for finding suitable RBs... AND... right now... we should build the OL foundation... and find a #2 WR.

Once those pieces are in place... That's when we target a franchise RB.

Especially... since this year... Henry-Young-Hall is enough.

Comment

he gave up his large roster bonus that would have counted against the cap if we cut him, correct? If so, now what happens if he is cut in training camp? Would only his 08 salary count against our cap? would it make it easier to trade him since other teams wouldn't have to pay the large roster bonus?
                Signature for rent.

Comment

None of this means we still won't get after a RB in the first round let alone the first day. It only means we won't be over-paying Henry. If you think Henry is our savior at RB, you are wrong. Remember, he's still 1 screw up away from getting suspended for 1 year.

Comment

If we don't pick a RB in the first day, I'd be pissed unless Rice, Hart, or Slaton are still available in the 4th.

Comment

Felix Jones

Henry is a power back. I dont think we need another back because of hall and young, but if we need one we need a speedy one like Felix Jones from Arkansas. I went to some of the games and watched all of them. Jones is our guy whenever mcfadden gets tired or goes to our Wildhog. JOnes has great hands and is faster than D-Mac if we need a back to support henry then jones would be smart cuz he was our outside runner here in Arkansas and until the end of season had 10 yard per carry avg. Hes the real deal

Comment

Originally posted by chhtuson27 View Post
                        Henry is a power back. I dont think we need another back because of hall and young, but if we need one we need a speedy one like Felix Jones from Arkansas. I went to some of the games and watched all of them. Jones is our guy whenever mcfadden gets tired or goes to our Wildhog. JOnes has great hands and is faster than D-Mac if we need a back to support henry then jones would be smart cuz he was our outside runner here in Arkansas and until the end of season had 10 yard per carry avg. Hes the real deal
                        Hall and Young are speedy backs. Drafting Felix Jones goes against the philosophy of the 2 back system. You need a bruiser or someone who can gain the tough yards to compliment the speedy back.

If Denver wants insurance in case Henry screws up against the ideal backs later in the draft to compliment SY and AH they can look at Kevin Smith, Matt Forte, Tashard Choice, Allen Patrick, Cory Boyd, BenJarvis Green-Ellis.

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
                          None of this means we still won't get after a RB in the first round let alone the first day. It only means we won't be over-paying Henry. If you think Henry is our savior at RB, you are wrong. Remember, he's still 1 screw up away from getting suspended for 1 year.

Correct and Mindfield is also right.

This development Wont Stop Shanahan from drafting an RB before round 4.

I mean we took Jay Cutler.... and dont say the same thing about "well a QB is different then a RB" that arguement wont fly as many of the people who wanted Jay to start in the 2006 season said the same thing that now we got a Franchise QB who's way better then Jake, that Cutler should start over him. So in reality this will be the same fight but the problem is Travis Henry himself is at the end of his shelf life.

Like someone said in the fight of no RB in the first... RB's are the shortest lived positions in the league... guess what Henry is going to be year 7-8. So that means .. we need a high grade RB..

The question that should be looked at is When Shanahan will pull the trigger, not where. Because if Mendenhall or Stewart is at the 12th my gut tells me Shanahan will pull the trigger on either of those two.
                          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

More evidence we'll be taking an Offensive Tackle (Ryan Clady or Chris Williams) at #12 Overall. That's where the value is. And we need one. If Harris can't hack it, or he or Pears get injured, we have nothing and nobody to replace them with. Pears is also a Free Agent next year as well.

Offensive Tackle, here we come.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                              Hall and Young are speedy backs. Drafting Felix Jones goes against the philosophy of the 2 back system. You need a bruiser or someone who can gain the tough yards to compliment the speedy back.

If Denver wants insurance in case Henry screws up against the ideal backs later in the draft to compliment SY and AH they can look at Kevin Smith, Matt Forte, Tashard Choice, Allen Patrick, Cory Boyd, BenJarvis Green-Ellis.

Tashard Choice and Corey Boyd are the better two options out of who you posted TX.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                                More evidence we'll be taking an Offensive Tackle (Ryan Clady or Chris Williams) at #12 Overall. That's where the value is. And we need one. If Harris can't hack it, or he or Pears get injured, we have nothing and nobody to replace them with. Pears is also a Free Agent next year as well.

Offensive Tackle, here we come.

This isnt evidence MUG,

its more of Shanny pulling another fast one on the competition.

I mean he literally tipped his hand during his presser that he was not happy with the Run game at all.

If anything this is making most of the league look elsewhere and trying to guess what we will do espically our rivals.

Right now MUG only shanny knows what he's going to do. The redoing of Henry's contract is just icing on the cake that free's up more FA money can be spent.

Still i think this is more of a advantage to us as we can somehow use Henry next year to move up in the 09 draft if he does well enough.

But theres no way Shanny will start the 08 Season with 2 Injury prone backs if anything we'll add another RB either the 1st, 3rd or 4th (if we get a 3rd pick)
                                McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X