Travis Henry likely to be cut? ... Rotoworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Malcolm Kelly and Mario Manningham are the other 1st Round WR i have seen.

BINGO! Jackson, to me, is too small... To be fair, I haven't seen much... so... hard to say if he is (or not) worthy...

BUT... If we got Sweed, Kelly or Hardy... WOW. With Marsh... TWO HUGE WRs!

Manningham and Thomas are 2 other options... Although, we could try to pick up a 3rd rounder and hope we get Bennett, Royal, Caldwell, Arrington or something like that.

SO... I must correct myself. If Shanny is looking for a return WR... Better off getting one in round 3-4... BUT, if Shanny is tempted to have two HUGE studs at WR... THEN... and only then... is it worth a 1st round pick.

Sweed, Kelly, Hardy or Manningham should be the only 1st round options. SURE, might not be worth the 12th pick... BUT... we can justify the selection b/c NO WAY these guys fall to us in the 2nd round. AND, we could trade down... pick up a pick or two AND still get our man.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
      Young and Henry are both injury proned athletes, the offensive line is not suppose to block for them all the way to the end zone, and football is a physical game. I do not care if we draft Otah, Baker and Williams...if they are injury proned - once they get knocked by a mean linebacker or hard hitting safety we will be in the same boat...we can not blame the offensive line for everything...lol. We will still draft a halfback, where is the question. I like Mendenhall, but right now I still think we are more likely to trade down and add more...

That means if Stewart is in the top 15 and Jones is in the top 25 well Do you think we'll wait or shoot for Mendenhall First if he lands in our laps.

Or move back and take Stewart and a 3rd pick.

Or take Jones and possibly add another 2nd and 3rd with it.
      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
        money says that he'll go for Bennett and Keep Cutler happy, A happy QB is a productive QB.

Shanny should be fired if he drafts Bennett in the 2nd round. Not with a stud LB available. If we don't go WR in the first... Wait till the 4th... Heck, we could grab Arrington in the 5th!

I think Eddie Royal is a better option anyway. Gives us return ability.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
          Manningham has durability Issues, so I doubt we'll target another injury prone WR.

Kelly has some work ethic questions on him, He has a little of a "Me" attitude.

So in the 1st round we got a duriblity question WR and 2 "me" type WR's.

Then we got an WR in the 2nd who's in high favor with our QB.

so TX77 which one do you think will Shanny target the WR in favor with our QB or the "ME" attitude WR's?

money says that he'll go for Bennett and Keep Cutler happy, A happy QB is a productive QB.
          Character concern has never and will never be a concern of Mike Shanahan. Mike likes the tall receivers, but I also believe Mike wants a Devin Hester type too. I think with THC restructured, Mike will pick DeSean Jackson or Malcolm Kelly.

I believe Shanny will go with Malcolm Kelly if his drill times are better than Mario Manningham's otherwise he will go with DeSean Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            Shanny should be fired if he drafts Bennett in the 2nd round. Not with a stud LB available. If we don't go WR in the first... Wait till the 4th... Heck, we could grab Arrington in the 5th!

I think Eddie Royal is a better option anyway. Gives us return ability.
            Actually Bennett is a very huge possibility Frag, you are overreaching in your opinion that Shanahan doesn't care what his quarterback thinks...

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
              We will still draft a halfback, where is the question. I like Mendenhall, but right now I still think we are more likely to trade down and add more...
              Yeah it would be nice to have Mendenhall...but as you stated some believe we can and will trade down to obtain more picks and still get a decent back in the later rounds. If we trade down we will "probably" miss out on Mendenhall...however it all depends on how far we trade down.

All speculation...no one really knows. In the end I just hope we can fill all major needs via Free Agency and the Draft.

Thx,
              Joe
              To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

I highly doubt Cutler's crying about wanting to have Bennett... Is Bennett working out with Marsh-Scheff-Cut in Atlanta? GEEZ... this is insane!

NO WAY Earl Bennett is one of the top 44 football players in this draft.

NOt only are there SEVEN WRs ahead of him, in my book, but there are also comparable options that will be there in the 4-5 round range.

NOW... if we pick up an extra 2-3 round pick. FINE.

BUT... if we go WR with one of our 1st Day One picks... This is when I saw go for it... Grab one in the first. WHY? B/C... We would have the pick of the litter... We would be selecting the best WR in the draft!

SO... I think Cutler would live with Kelly, Hardy or Sweed! Life will go on!

I think he wants Chris Williams more anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
                  Yeah it would be nice to have Mendenhall...but as you stated some believe we can and will trade down to obtain more picks and still get a decent back in the later rounds. If we trade down we will "probably" miss out on Mendenhall...however it all depends on how far we trade down.

All speculation...no one really knows. In the end I just hope we can fill all major needs via Free Agency and the Draft.

Thx,
                  Joe
                  I think we have to seriously look at Detroit and Dallas, these two have a defensive tackle who can start available for trade, we get more if we trade with Dallas, but Detroit is still an option. I have a trade which has been set in place mentally which I have not stated because I really am high on Mendenhall, but I also know it might not be plausable to take him: I could see Denver trading down to the 15th overall spot and take Rogers, he is fresh in Shanahan's mind with what he did in Detroit. The 15th overall pick is worth 1,050 points, and we could trade that pick to Dallas for the 22nd overall pick (780 points) and for their 2nd round pick the 61st overall pick (292 Points) which the difference is 22 points so we could literally toss them our second 5th round pick and walk away with Rogers and three day one picks, and Dallas still has two first round picks but a higher pick, they still have Spears to deal and they added a 5th round pick. Dallas could easily trade Spears and their third round pick to add more picks and maybe we toss in Javon instead of that 5th since they are interested in him.

Comment

I think it's surprising how much talent Vanderbilt has been turning out lately.

Comment

• Heck... why not draft Harvey from Florida... I'm sure Thomas-Moss-Harris would love to have their buddy play on the D-line with them. Will Shanny listen to them as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                        I think it's surprising how much talent Vanderbilt has been turning out lately.
                        I think the program is getting more recognition Max, just like Rutgers after suddenly it started winning or Boise St. did after finally returning to Bowl Games.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                          Heck... why not draft Harvey from Florida... I'm sure Thomas-Moss-Harris would love to have their buddy play on the D-line with them. Will Shanny listen to them as well?
                          Big difference between your quarterback and a defensive lineman Frag, huge actually...go ask Reeves, I am sure he will tell you what a quarterback think does not matter, especially since it cost him his job!

Comment

• Originally posted by lancane View Post
                            Big difference between your quarterback and a defensive lineman Frag, huge actually...go ask Reeves, I am sure he will tell you what a quarterback think does not matter, especially since it cost him his job!

Your argument makes absolutely no sense at all.

Show me a link where Cutler is begging Shanny to draft Earl Bennet? C'mon... SHow me the link!

THERE IS NO WAY Shanny will draft Earl Bennett in round two... Bennett is a 3rd round pick... Shanny aint passing Sims, Henderson, prospects like that to take Bennett (just b/c he played college with Cutler).

(1) Cutler has his #1 in Marsh.
                            (2) Why would Shanny pass on taking the Draft's #1 WR at 12, only to turn around and reach for a 3rd round WR with the 44th pick?

Comment

• NOW... If Shanny wants to grab another 2nd... or a 3rd... And draft Bennett... FINE.

BUT...

I highly doubt we draft Chris Williams, Jonathon Goff and Earl Bennett... just b/c they all played for Vandy...

This is what Cutler told Bennett in December (according to Bennett at his 1-10-2008 presser)

Earl, have you drawn on the experience Jay Cutler has had about what it’s like to be a pro football player?

I actually reached out to Jay about a week ago and talked to him about the situation. We talked through text message, and he told me to believe in God and that God will help me in the right way. Just stay focused, and you can’t go wrong with either situation. I feel like Jay has definitely been like a big brother to me throughout this process, and I really thank him.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                Your argument makes absolutely no sense at all.

Show me a link where Cutler is begging Shanny to draft Earl Bennet? C'mon... SHow me the link!

THERE IS NO WAY Shanny will draft Earl Bennett in round two... Bennett is a 3rd round pick... Shanny aint passing Sims, Henderson, prospects like that to take Bennett (just b/c he played college with Cutler).

(1) Cutler has his #1 in Marsh.
                                (2) Why would Shanny pass on taking the Draft's #1 WR at 12, only to turn around and reach for a 3rd round WR with the 44th pick?
                                I highly doubt we take a top rated receiver in the draft, do you really think I would not prefer someone else to Bennett? I also know that Shanahan sees how those who have bonded on the team play better then those who have not...IMHO that will play a factor, I would rather have Hardy or Thomas, but I do look at it like a two way street. I bet we trade way down in the first and take a defensive player and an offensive playmaker in the second round and that is my opinion, maybe not yours but I also know that Shanahan will not discount Bennett just because he is a 2nd - 3rd pick, which could change this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X