Travis Henry likely to be cut? ... Rotoworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Your argument makes absolutely no sense at all.

Show me a link where Cutler is begging Shanny to draft Earl Bennet? C'mon... SHow me the link!

THERE IS NO WAY Shanny will draft Earl Bennett in round two... Bennett is a 3rd round pick... Shanny aint passing Sims, Henderson, prospects like that to take Bennett (just b/c he played college with Cutler).

(1) Cutler has his #1 in Marsh.
    (2) Why would Shanny pass on taking the Draft's #1 WR at 12, only to turn around and reach for a 3rd round WR with the 44th pick?
    I dont know if Cutlers been "beggin", but I do know that Cutler was a HUGE reason that Bennett came out in the Draft, and that they talk often. He said it on some radio show. The thread with it is somewhere out there.

I would just assume that if theyre that close Jay wouldnt be opposed to seeing him on the team.
    sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

• Bennett is a high character guy... maybe a rod smith type work horse... I only see it happening IF (and only if) Shanny makes a deal and acquires an extra 2nd... or a 3rd.

BUT... I wouldn't be shocked if Jackson, Hardy, Sweed or Kelly is our first round pick. I'm not for it nor am I against it.

Would be funny to draft Mendenhall and Hardy... Talk about giving Cutler weapons...

MOST LIKELY... I see Shanny building the foundation... Grab OT in the 1st, LB in the 2nd... make a deal and grab a WR in the 2nd/3rd... THEN, take DTs, FS/SS in the 4th and 5th (maybe even a FB)... Grab a punter in the 7th.

Comment

• I actually like this move, and here is why:

1. It allows us to focus on our real issues, that being the front seven, with DT, OT and OLB being the big ones.

2. I truely feel that he will be more effective this year. I really am looking foward to him and Young in a tandam. I can picture something to the effects of what we had in 05 with Tater and MA, just even more effective. Henry starts out the game, gets about 15-20 carries and Selvin gets 10-15 or so.

3. In a tandam, durability should be much less of an factor. Without habing the burden of carrying the load, Henry will be more effective and less vulnerable to injury.

Im actually very happy about this move, and people need to realise that our main issues lie within the front seven. Anybody who thinks we can bring in a
        1st round running back who will outrush a tandam of Selvin and Travis Henry is mistaken. Running back will be a pressing need down the road, but right now we need to focus along the Lines, and additions to the Lines will only make the existing running game much better.

Kudos to Travis for admitting he screwed up, and taking the cut. He will be running with much more passion next year, I Gurantee it.

Hopefully this puts all that ridiculous RB in the 1st round talk to rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
          I dont know if Cutlers been "beggin", but I do know that Cutler was a HUGE reason that Bennett came out in the Draft, and that they talk often. He said it on some radio show. The thread with it is somewhere out there.

I would just assume that if theyre that close Jay wouldnt be opposed to seeing him on the team.

I'm sure Cutler would LOVE to have him here... probably is lobbying for it. BUT... it's a huge leap to go from there to say that Shanny and the entire DEN organization will "reach" to take a player in the draft just b/c the QB wants him. ALSO, a major leap to think Cutler wants Bennett so bad he's saying grab him in the 1st or 2nd round.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            I'm sure Cutler would LOVE to have him here... probably is lobbying for it. BUT... it's a huge leap to go from there to say that Shanny and the entire DEN organization will "reach" to take a player in the draft just b/c the QB wants him. ALSO, a major leap to think Cutler wants Bennett so bad he's saying grab him in the 1st or 2nd round.
            Bennett has a 2nd round grade, I would not say we take him in the first round, but also right now I think Denver will likely have two second round picks or a high 3rd rounder when the draft comes and one would likely be spent on Bennett...I would hope Shanahan does not make a huge reach for him, but I still think he will be an option.

Comment

• This changes nothing, imo, RB is till a huge issue for the Denver Broncos!

Hopefully Mike Shanahan has learned his lesson about relying on Travis Henry, and he'll draft a franchise back.

If he hasn't he'll get another 10 rushing TD's next season......

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                I guess they must be idiots since Travis Henry will officially be returning next year.

I rest my case.

You may PM me to appologize.
                are you still waiting on your apology?

Comment

• I have a weird feeling Shanny is going to target Jackson, he is a speed guy, and we have Brandon the beast Marshall and Stokely in slot, which would be his best position, of course he will probally start x, and when we run three wide then go to slot. However Why I really think Shanny is targeting Jackson is because we knock out two birds right there, our speed stretch the feild WR, and our special teams returner.
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Trades can be made up till the 7th game... I'd give 50% chance that he is going to look great at the beginning of the season.
                    He plays great the first couple, then we trade him during the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                      I guess they must be idiots since Travis Henry will officially be returning next year.

I rest my case.

You may PM me to appologize.
                      Appoligize for what? He was still on the trading block, only thing that saved his butt was waiving the 6 Mil due to him, how is not known...but that saved his butt and it really does not change the fact we could still target a back in the draft, nothing is guaranteed by this deal...sheesh, I think we also gave Plummer a nice extension a year before we drafted Cutler, and according to Williams of the Denver Post Denver is still looking to add another halfback...

I appoligize that you are wrong...because you are! If you check out some of my posts I still said he could be returning but would be cut if he did not re-work his contract by the start of free agency...but no matter the team still offered him up for trade...

Comment

• Originally posted by omahaBroncoFan View Post
                        Trades can be made up till the 7th game... I'd give 50% chance that he is going to look great at the beginning of the season.
                        He plays great the first couple, then we trade him during the season.
                        More like he will be the starter, come mid-season he has more injury issues and the carries will be split between Young and whatever other halfback we add to the roster...Henry will likely be cut by this same time next year.

Comment

• Travis could still be cut after camp. Kind of cold blooded but it could still happen.

You think RB in the first is completely out now 'cane?

If so, what direction do we go now. T, LB ? Trade down?

You're one of the posters I enjoy reading, I'd like to know what's on your mind now.

Comment

• Originally posted by slick7 View Post
                            Travis could still be cut after camp. Kind of cold blooded but it could still happen.

You think RB in the first is completely out now 'cane?

If so, what direction do we go now. T, LB ? Trade down?

You're one of the posters I enjoy reading, I'd like to know what's on your mind now.
                            Hmmm...good question. But the answer is more then obvious, not so much to some of posters' who in fact lack acute ability to grasp the probabilities of what is going to come. I would say we can not discount a first round tailback; what do we know for a fact? Henry who I openly said could return if he renegotiated his contract basically waived his bonus of 6 million dollars, whether it will be stretched into the remaining part of his contract is unknown but he is basically only guaranteed 12 million over the next four years, which is 10 million less then originally guaranteed. His contract actually sounds more like his performance is what he will get paid for, thus it is more cap friendly whether we cut him in camp or at the end of the 08' season. This in no way guarantees him the starting job, it more or less guarantees him nothing, but I do think we will still add a halfback in the draft according to Williamson of the Denver Post and Adam Schefter of the NFL Network Denver is still looking to add another halfback to the roster. The one issue is where do we add one and the draft is just as plausible as free agency.

So we could take a first round halfback, we actually have the money to take a top notch back and still add more, so I will not discount the fact it is still a need. What else do we know? Ekuban may not re-sign and we have been busy trying to re-sign him and Engleberger, so defensive end is a priority to solidify, but with the talent recently added in the draft I see us adding a veteran. We are also looking for a middle linebacker, so that could be an option in the first round...but it is no secret we are trying to trade down, we also need a receiver and to solidify our offensive line...right now, if Lynch retires...all bets are off, we have so many needs but obviously the Broncos are not secure about the running back situation. But if I had to make a bet I would honestly say I believe we will have another tailback via the draft before the end of the 4th round.

As of this moment I believe we are more likely to trade down with someone and add more. One possibility is Dallas, we could trade down for their 22nd overall pick, their third round pick and have them throw in Marcus Spears; we could also trade down to the 15th overall spot and add Shaun Rogers from Detroit and either stay or trade down with Dallas for their 22nd overall pick and 61st overall pick, they could use Spears to move up with either of their first round picks in that case...but I think trading down is valuable as well. Right now I think we as fans will just have to see how the first two weeks of free agency pans out and that will solidify how we draft in all fairness.

Comment

Working...
                            X