Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all of you, Mike Mayock lovers

http://www.nfl.com/videos

If you love Mike Mayocks opinions, now you have a reason more to love 'em even more, he says he doesn't have a single Safety in the entire country with a first round grade... mmmm mmmm mmmm

Wait a second, was not Kenny Phillips a top 10 pick for most of you?, you wanted us to take Kenny Phillips in the first round 12 overall pick. And a lot of mocks got us taking him as well, but.

Okay, I must admit I'm tired of telling you that Kenny Phillips is OVERRATED, and I also admit I share a lot of opinions with Mayock n this is 1 of them.

BTW, I wish we take with the 12 overall pick, the top ranked OG of Mike Mayock, thats Branden Albert from Virginia 6-7 315 and yet he is very good at run blocking and a shield in pass protection, he can play LT, he is massive extremely powerful O-line, he is right what we need.

Lets begin the bashing!!.

BTW I got a lot of homework I don't know why I'm doing this right now, I wont finish.

In fairness, Mayock didn't think Brandon Meriweather and Reggie Nelson would be 1st round picks last year.

For me, Mayock is really good with evaluations, but not as good projecting where players will go.

I like Branden Albert, but I wouldn't take him at #12 overall, especially without knowing how he could transition to tackle, where our O-line needs the most help and depth.
    Last edited by Max Power; 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Mike Mayock doesn't know much about safeties and linebackers though or even receivers. He knows the basics but he doesn't grade them well. Not to mention he generally hates the whole SEC. Everyone in the conference exept for Ali Highsmith. I guess you can't deny talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tour View Post
        BTW, I wish we take with the 12 overall pick, the top ranked OG of Mike Mayock, thats Branden Albert from Virginia 6-7 315 and yet he is very good at run blocking and a shield in pass protection, he can play LT, he is massive extremely powerful O-line, he is right what we need.

Lets begin the bashing!!
        Um, here it comes. Albert will be there in the second round most likely. Anf if not...oh well. I live in VA and am a UVA fan. Albert is not a first round talent. I have witnessed it with my own eyes. He is good, but he will be available in the second round.
        Owned:
        sigpic

Comment

If you love Mike Mayocks opinions, now you have a reason more to love 'em even more, he says he doesn't have a single Safety in the entire country with a first round grade... mmmm mmmm mmmm

Wait a second, was not Kenny Phillips a top 10 pick for most of you?, you wanted us to take Kenny Phillips in the first round 12 overall pick. And a lot of mocks got us taking him as well, but.

Okay, I must admit I'm tired of telling you that Kenny Phillips is OVERRATED, and I also admit I share a lot of opinions with Mayock n this is 1 of them.

BTW I got a lot of homework I don't know why I'm doing this right now, I wont finish.
          Well, if you (and Mayock) have Branden Albert as a better player than Kenny Phillips, that says all there is to say, which is, your both out of your minds.

Comment

A top ranked guard???

Ben Hamilton and Montrae Holland are coming back. We're set right there. Maybe a top rated tackle.

Comment

Kenny Phillips will likely have a good combine and shoot right into the top 15.

I don't care what anyone says he is going to be a stud in the NFL.

Comment

I agree with Mayock RIGHT NOW, that could change after the combine. All the KP lovers out there, if he falls we could take him in the 2nd. Anyways, safety isn't the biggest need anyway.
                sigpic
                Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                  I agree with Mayock RIGHT NOW, that could change after the combine. All the KP lovers out there, if he falls we could take him in the 2nd. Anyways, safety isn't the biggest need anyway.
                  Make that a 3rd party agreement! Also Mel Kiper doesn't see him as a first round choice and should drop into the second! He also states that KP should have stayed in school another year.

Comment

Here is the deal with KP. It is a known fact that this years Safety class, just flat out sucks. If KP stayed for his senior season, there is no guarantee that he would go in the first next year, as a matter of fact it is more probable he won't due to better FS prospects coming out. Not to mention the risk of injury staying his senior year while playing on a really bad Hurricanes team.

Kenny Phillips leaving this year is the best true saftey prospect coming out, in that he plays only safety albeit FS/SS is a toss up. He isn't a college CB projected to play S in the pros. He started out as a Top 10 pick and is moving down due to ALL the CB project as Safety in the pros, prospects.

Kenny will not fall into the second round due to the fact he is refined and knows what is expected at the safety position and will be able to contribute immediately at Safety as a starter. The tweeners will be drafted to fill a CB need as a possible #2 but most likely nickel back and eventually move to Safety.

Miami for some reason pumps out great safeties that can start immediately. Same can be said about Maryland Linebackers and Texas cornerbacks as well as safeties now.

Phillips is not a reach at 12 just because Mayock/Kiper/McShay say so. NFL teams will decide if he is a reach in the first round through the draft by watching the 1000's of hours of tape they watch on all prospects they target.

Comment

I think Taqib Abib would be a better FS... I would shift him from CB to FS. KP will be good. Some think we should have grabbed Reggie Nelson, but if he was our target... Jags would never had traded with us in the first place.

IMHO... I like Josh Barrett. He can hit... He'll help IMMEDIATELY on special teams... be great for him to learn under Lynch for a season.

If we could grab him in the 4th... We would be lucky.

SO... I think DEN should target a Safety in the 4th round... take best one to slip to them.

NOW... what if that FS from TENN is there in the second? Is he worth that pick?

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        I think Taqib Abib would be a better FS... I would shift him from CB to FS. KP will be good. Some think we should have grabbed Reggie Nelson, but if he was our target... Jags would never had traded with us in the first place.

IMHO... I like Josh Barrett. He can hit... He'll help IMMEDIATELY on special teams... be great for him to learn under Lynch for a season.

If we could grab him in the 4th... We would be lucky.

SO... I think DEN should target a Safety in the 4th round... take best one to slip to them.

NOW... what if that FS from TENN is there in the second? Is he worth that pick?
                        Personally I think Hefney is too smal for safety. Probably be better as nickel back and kr/pr

Comment

Taylor Mays, Nic Harris, Myron Rolle are all SS. Derek Pegues is the best FS in that class right now and he would be second best if KP went back for his senior year.

Comment

so phillips had an off junior year he is still the best overall safety in the draft, so like it or not dont be suprised if in the end denver gets him wit the 12th pick. Since DT is thin in the 1st, safety, OL, and RB are very likely targets four our 1st rd pick.

i wouldnt be upset if we got phillips, but i would prefer getting S quentin Demps, or S jamar adams who i feel are severely underated and will do quite well at the next level

Comment

How many Miami games did you catch last season?

I love how players get these mysterious ratings from keyboard analysts.

Comment

Working...
                              X