X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTM
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
    Actually, the 2nd one is based on Henry getting cut but I wouldn't mind getting an RB anyway. In the 1st one, I'd just do whatever it took to get Ellis. That would take a LOT of pressure off the LBs and the secondary.
    It looks like the second one wont happen with Henry restructuring his contract. I feel like we would have to give up way too much to get Ellis. Ive seen some scenarios where he goes #1 and others where he goes at 4. Way too high to realistically get him. I think Dre Moore in the 2nd is solid though.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
    I would only want that if we cut or trade Henry. The first one focuses on building a defense that can stop people and cut out the long drives we gave up. The second one improves our running game while addressing some defensive needs. The last one would help us not give up big plays, which cost us a few games, with the additions of Philips and Lee. Philips is a first rounder I dont know why everyone says he isnt. He has everything and would be a great cover safety while being dcent against the run.
    Actually, the 2nd one is based on Henry getting cut but I wouldn't mind getting an RB anyway. In the 1st one, I'd just do whatever it took to get Ellis. That would take a LOT of pressure off the LBs and the secondary.

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
    I like #2 the best. If we get Connor I'd be surprised. In #3, if we want a Safety just get Morgan in the 2nd. Philips isn't even a guaranteed 1st rounder.
    I would only want that if we cut or trade Henry. The first one focuses on building a defense that can stop people and cut out the long drives we gave up. The second one improves our running game while addressing some defensive needs. The last one would help us not give up big plays, which cost us a few games, with the additions of Philips and Lee. Philips is a first rounder I dont know why everyone says he isnt. He has everything and would be a great cover safety while being dcent against the run.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    I like #2 the best. If we get Connor I'd be surprised. In #3, if we want a Safety just get Morgan in the 2nd. Philips isn't even a guaranteed 1st rounder.

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    i give u an a for effort

i disagree with some but its my opinions and you are entitled to yours.
    Last edited by elevation INC; 02-20-2008, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
    your 2nd attempt is good, but if Stewart is at 15th we could trade our 1st to DET for Rodgers and pick up both a RB and DT easy.

Thats the thing. If we are forced to take RB and decide on Stewart, I dont know if he could last beyond 12. You got the Bears at 14 who might be looking RB and dont put it past the Lions to trade with us and then take Stewart, there RB situation isn't exactly pretty. Its a good idea to trade back but if we cut Henry and want a back in the 1st, I would prefer to play it safe and just pick at 12 to get a guy like Stewart. Mendenhall would be a different story. I would rather have us take a back in the 2nd and use the first on OL or D than take him. He isn't as explosive as Stewart and not nearly as tough. To put it bluntly, he is nothing special. I could probably look at several other RB who aren't as highly rated who could have similar success in Denver. Stewart is a freak and a special athlete who I would love to replace Henry if we decide to part ways.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    Good attemps with both,

with 1 and 3 we could move down and grab more picks, Connors would be a reach at where we are at right now but I am leery about his play,

Phillips would be best if we move into the 20's-30's and grabbing an extra 2nd/3rd or both if we can.

your 2nd attempt is good, but if Stewart is at 15th we could trade our 1st to DET for Rodgers and pick up both a RB and DT easy.

the problem is, both Walker and Henry may leave and Lynch may stay so in reality your 1st and 2nd is a bit more dead on per-sey but at this point its probably best for Denver to stick to their guns at 12th and pick up whoever shows up there weither it be an RB or OT

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    started a topic Multiple Mock Draft Scenarios

Multiple Mock Draft Scenarios

Mock draft.

There are several scenarios.

Hopefully everyone finds one they like and if you don’t I really don’t care.

Off season moves.
    These moves will be applied to every draft, those that are specific to each draft will be listed with the draft itself.

Applied to every draft-

Trade Javon Walker for a 3rd rounder.

Signings: These are the signings we should do and they don’t effect the different scenarios

WR-Drew Carter- Solid #2 receiver. Has good size and played well in a pitiful Panther’s offense. Can stretch the field and gives us a big play threat.
    DT- Spencer Johnson- Who? Yeah I know no one really knows this guy but that could play in our favor. A cheaper option than Corey Williams and trust me we cant afford to splurge this offseason. Isn’t the biggest guy on the field at a little less than 290 but he pressures the QB, had 3 sacks while playing backup in Minnesota behind the 2 Williams’.
    *I am not sure about the OL position in FA. There are probably a couple of guys to look at but I haven’t looked into it

1st mock Draft.

Trade 12th overall to Tampa for # 20 and 52

1st-Dan Connor LB Penn State- Our terrible run defense last year helps make this pick. Connor isn’t the flashiest prospect out there but he gets the job done, simply a tackling machine. He should be around at 20 but he won’t go later than the 1st round with the Giants at 32. Decent size and a good athlete with a nose for the ball as proven by the fact he is the all time tackling leader at a school nicknamed Linebacker U.

2a.- Dre Moore DT Maryland-So we sign one DT but that is still a glaring need. Enter Dre Moore who has great size and athleticism for the position. Can also get after the QB, had 6 sacks this past season. If he can create this type of disruption, it will only help all our DE’s get to the QB quicker. This is a guy who will probably be able to start in his first year but also has the potential to be dominant.

2b.-Dajuan Morgan S NC State- Age is beginning to creep into the secondary with Lynch possibly retiring and Bailey and Bly now past 30. Safety is the primary concern and Morgan is one of the better safety prospects. A good athlete who can cover the field well. Led his team in tackles, Lord knows we need someone in the secondary who can tackle, and also had 13 pass break ups.

3(From whatever team wants Walker)- LB Tavares Gooden, Miami- One of the most athletic LB of this year. You can’t teach speed and this guy has it. Considering we haven’t taken a LB in the draft since DJ, it’s time to stock up with youngsters. Has decent size and can get stronger without losing athleticism. Something in me says never doubt a Miami LB, so there you have it.

4a- Duane Brown OT- A solid prospect who will add depth and might compete for the starting job with Pears and Harris. Has the skills for zone blocking which is a must.

4b. Donnie Avery WR- A speedster, possibly the fastest guy of this years draft. With the addition of Carter he won’t need to come in for every play, this helps because he isn’t a polished receiver yet and he would provide us with the dynamic return man we’ve been looking for.
    5a.-Terrence Wheatley CB - An under sized corner but has good athleticism. Injuries in the past have hurt his stock but I think with a couple of years behind Bailey, he could turn into a fine NFL player.
    At this point I think it’s pointless to go further. Best player available from here on out. Positions to look for- P, OG, DL

Mock Draft #2

Cut Travis Henry

1st - Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon- With this development, we can’t trade back in the 1st. Stewart wont drop past Arizona so our hands are tied. RB suddenly becomes a glaring hole with Henry gone and this guy is a freak. 5-11 230 with great speed. He runs low to the ground and is difficult to tackle. I have no doubt he could have great success here in Denver.

2nd- Erin Henderson LB Maryland- Led the Terps with 133 tackles, 11 for loss. A very gifted athlete and comes from football family with older brother EJ playing for the Vikes. Good size at 6-3 240 pounds. Has good instinct and toughness.

3rd- Marcus Griffin S Texas- Brother of Michael Griffin of the Titans. Not the most athletic Safety prospect but he can tackle with the best of them. Will help out in run support. A very tough and physical guy in the mold of Lynch. Will be helped with a year under Lynch’s tutelage.

4a- Duane Brown OT- see above

4b- Frank Okam DT Texas- A huge guy at 6-5 320. Solid against the run which would fill a huge need. Some questions of stamina and motor. Can still get to the QB and would be a solid pick in the 4th.

4b.- Duane Brown OT- see above

5a. Jordan Dizon- We need depth at LB and despite being a bit under sized, he had a tremendous college career with a stellar senior season. Could end up replacing Gold and would be well worth a 5th rounder.

BPA, see above
    Positions-S, OG, P, DL

Mock Draft #3

John Lynch retires
    Trade Foxworth for a 3rd rounder

1st - Kenny Philips S Miami- With Lynch retired, our hand is forced and we must take the most NFL ready Safety of the draft. Again we cant trade back because we cant bank on Carolina passing on Philips. Philips has it all, he is athletic has good size and range and can come up and lay someone out. Our safety of the future if we take him.

2nd- Erin Henderson- see above

3a- Demario Pressley DT- With S taking the top spot we had to pick up a third rounder to help out other areas of need and pick up better prospects. A great athlete who can pressure the QB. Good in pursuit and can shed blocks. May have to get stronger to improve against the run but has great skill at penetrating the line and can disrupt plays in the backfield.

3b.-Tashard Choice RB GT- A gifted receiver who could be valuable in giving Cutler another target to throw to. Also a bruiser type back who does very well in short yardage, something we have lacked. Would provide nice insurance if Henry or Young went down with an injury.

4a- Duane Brown OT- see above

4b- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- With Foxworth gone in the effort of getting a better D line, Lee will step right in and be valuable in the nickel. Very physical with receivers. Good size, 6’0, 201, and speed, 4.40, the only issue is questionable hands and some injury concerns. Will have a few years behind Bailey and could be his future replacement.

5a- Jordan Dizon- see above
    BPA
    Positions to look for- P, OG, DL

Thanks for reading all that. I know I am usually against going RB but I see that is an option especially if scenario #2 becomes a reality. #1 is my choice for the best draft but as I show, our needs based on other developments could make the 1st one unlikely.
Working...
X