Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos mulling over Zach Thomas (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos mulling over Zach Thomas (Merged)

Broncos mulling over Zach Thomas
    By Bill Williamson
    The Denver Post
    Article Last Updated: 02/20/2008 12:12:15 AM MST

The Denver Broncos are considering bringing in former Miami linebacker Zach Thomas in for a visit soon.

Cut by the Dolphins recently, Thomas is getting a lot of interest on the open market and already has an offer from New England. He is also set to go to Dallas, New Orleans and Houston.

Thomas has said he wants to finish his career with a winning team.
    sigpic

That is surprising. With the successful seasons that New England and Dallas had however, i think it will take alot to get Thomas to come here.

Comment

Why would we want a player that the worst team in the league cut? Didn't we learn anything from taking the entire Browns defensive line 3 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by **OrangeTerp** View Post
        Why would we want a player that the worst team in the league cut? Didn't we learn anything from taking the entire Browns defensive line 3 years ago?
        Yes because Thomas is certainly as big of a bust as Courtney Brown.

Comment

It's quite simple why Shanahan wants to bring Zach Thomas in.....

What did Denver's Defense lack last year, specifically the front 7?

Comment

I think NE and DAL will make it tough for Thomas to even consider coming to DEN for a visit. I bet a guy like Derek Smith (LB), just cut by 49ers, might make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
              It's quite simple why Shanahan wants to bring Zach Thomas in.....

What did Denver's Defense lack last year, specifically the front 7?
              toughness? leadership?

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                toughness? leadership?
                Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Also sheds light in that Denver is looking to MLB in FA or Draft.

Comment

Despite his recent injuries Zach Thomas is still a great linebacker when on the field! He's a tackling machine and would help out the linebacking corps tremendously despite his age. Hes a proven leader and it would be interesting to see him in a Broncos uniform.

Guess we'll see what happens

Briggs/Williams

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                    I think NE and DAL will make it tough for Thomas to even consider coming to DEN for a visit. I bet a guy like Derek Smith (LB), just cut by 49ers, might make more sense.
                    NE and DAL play a 3-4......Zach Thomas is small and rly rly does not fit the 3-4.

He says Denver plz and I would luv it even if hes only here for a year or 2

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
                    2) Devin Thomas
                    4) Frank Okam
                    4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
                    2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
                    4) Frank Okam
                    4) Beau Bell

Comment

Originally posted by broncs2bowl View Post
                      NE and DAL play a 3-4......Zach Thomas is small and rly rly does not fit the 3-4.

HEY... I would love to have him. BUT... despite playing the 3-4... NE already offered Thomas a contract. Dallas will do the same... for sure. They have AA and Brady... but could use another body in the middle.

Zach says he wants to go to a team to win: NE & DAL are those teams.

BUT... HEY... If he signs with us... GREAT.

Comment

No, I don't want him.

I would rather stick with DJ.

Comment

But wait, we have a budding SUPERSTAR at MLB in DJ Williams (gag!)...so if that is so, why would we consider Thomas??

This should tell some of you Williams' honks all you need to know...

Comment

Im all for Zach Thomas coming to Denver,he has brought it to the table every single season that i could remember.I hope we give him a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by broncs2bowl View Post

Good point,I was gonna say that.

Comment

Working...
                              X