The official "Bring Back Jeb Putzier" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official "Bring Back Jeb Putzier" Thread

Jeb Putzier was released today by the Texans, I say bring him back as a third TE who we can get cheap. Who's with me?

Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
    Jeb Putzier was released today by the Texans, I say bring him back as a third TE who we can get cheap. Who's with me?
    Wow...

I didn't see that one coming.

Question's gotta be then....

Why didn't he work out in Houston?
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

^^ Because Owen Daniels is better, and Putzier is just a so-so receiving TE who can't block.

As for this idea, I'm quite content with the group we have, I think it's a push between the Putz and Nasty Nate. So I'll have to pass.
      Last edited by Max Power; 02-20-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
        ^^ Because Owen Daniels is better, and Putzier is just a so-so receiving TE who can't block.

As for this idea, I'm quite content with the group we have, I think it's a push between the Putz and Nasty Nate. So I'll have to pass.
        Still, I would've thought Putz was a valuable back up if nothing else...

But I agree that it's a push between Nate and Putz.
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I liked Jeb. And I promise I'm not just saying that because he was a Bronco before he was a Bronco.

I thought he was a pretty good TE. However, I think we've done fine without him. And since our struggles don't really have anything to do with the TE position, we don't really need to bring him back...
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Putzier was the man, he used to get wrecked like every game.

I swear Jake Plummer set him up to get jacked up on purpose.

Comment

Well he'll help us get on tv more because of all of his JACKED UP highlights

Comment

Uh no, Jeb was nothing more than a guy who would take a punishment from the other team. I like Scheffler and Graham, already a great TE duo. Heck I perfer Nate Jackson over Jeb.

Comment

this is going to be a short thread
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
                    I don't know...I actually liked Jeb when he was here but unless he comes dirt cheap we should keep what we got and focus on other areas. Signing Jeb would not be an improvement...he would be a role player and quite frankly I think we have bigger fish to fry.

-Joe
                    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Putz all day long over Jeb. He made some great catches and always took the tough hit across the middle.

Comment

I wouldn't be against bringing him back, but you won't see me making threads calling for his return either lol.

Comment

nah

unless Graham or Sheffler is injured I just don't see the point. The third TE on our team has to be a blocking TE who can catch a two yard TD on rare occasions. I suppose he could come in and compete with Jackson but I'd be surprised if he beat him out. We're much better served by Chad Mustard in my opinion that Putzier.
                          "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

please nooo

i didnt like jeb at all. cant block and doesnt have great hands. plus TE is one position we dont need to adress
                            sigpic
                            Thanks Sporting4life!

Welcome to Denver Von Miller!!

Originally posted by MarshallMoss
                            My bet is open to anyone. 7 sacks minimum playing at least 14 games in 2011. I will eat crow if I am wrong, and will cp everyone who takes my offer. If you lose, you will be happy to send a cp my way![/B]
                            Bet Taken! Although i hope you win

Comment

Why is it EVERYTIME a player is cut half of you people want to pick them up?

Seriously, these threads get old and boring.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X