X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I agree 100%. Erin IS and OLB. I have no idea why this guy feels he's only a MIKE?

Not only does Erin have ALL the tools to be successful... BUT, he comes from good blood (brother is EJ Henderson) AND he comes from a proven, LB Univ. (Maryland).

Safe to say this guy is a safe selection.

SO... If DEN wants DJ in the middle... Draft Henderson. If they want to move DJ back to his old position... Draft Lofton.

NOW... IF Rivers, Connor, Lofton AND Henderson are gone... And a DT like Sims is there... I could live with that. BUT, if Henderson and Lofton are there... NO WAY we can pass on a 2nd round LB!

Henderson is a 250lb LB that runs around 4.8 seconds in the 40. He's very athletic from all accounts, but projects as a 3-4 ILB. Now, I am getting my information from Scout.com. His brother, whom is roughly the same size, is also a MIKE.

Jonathan Goff is a pure MIKE that weighs in the lower 230s, is possibly shorter then his listed 6'2" and is very slow, projected as a 4.8 as well.

I am with you on Curtis Lofton, I think he's great, and could fit inside or outside in a 4-3 scheme. I don't think there's a chance in hell he lasts until our pick in the 2nd round, especially with the Saints needing multiple LBs. I also agree with you that Pat Sims likely won't be available either. I project Trevor Laws as our selection. And I like it.

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by JoRo View Post
    the thing is DJ did a thing with the post or the rocky news and said he doesn't want to move from the MIDDLE now.

Take it or leave it but I do remember that.
    The bad thing is though JoRo that we have tried to talk to Zach Thomas, which either is a ploy or they have just ushered past what Williams has mentioned to them...Williams really has not lived up to the potential they were hoping from him, so maybe they plan to let him go next year when his contract is up. Who really knows, I do not think anything is really solid at this time, hell Ekuban may not even want to return to the team...it seems to go from bad to worse every year under Shanahan now.

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by Momentum View Post
    Simply stop spinning every thread to a Mendenhall manlove session, and I'll stop.
    Actually alot of times you have continued no matter what the topic if someone even mentions the topic of a top shelf halfback, Mendenhall in particular, so either stop or when people are tired of it, say goodbye again...cause frankly you will not be missed! On that note, if you actually read most of my posts you will notice that I like many athletes in this years class and have said a ton of them would be helpful to the Broncos, I would prefer we took Mendenhall, but I have praised Stewart, Otah and Williams and mentioned others as well...for some reason you overlook all the positives I spin on other kids in the draft...
    Last edited by lancane; 02-21-2008, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RyversEtrain
    replied
    Originally posted by JoRo View Post
    the thing is DJ did a thing with the post or the rocky news and said he doesn't want to move from the MIDDLE now.

I didn't see that. I think that his position next year is still up in the air until we see what we get in the off season but maybe he has talked with Shanahan and he already knows he will be in the middle next year.

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by RyversEtrain View Post
    Dj's natural position is Will. He may have made the Pro Bowl by now if he could stay there. He is a heck of a team player for moving around so much and saying nothing but I would like to see us bring in a Middle backer and let DJ replace Gold.

Leave a comment:

• Momentum
    replied
    Originally posted by lancane View Post
    Now I have brainwashed the mods...hahaha, or maybe your own attitude, quarrelsome nonesense and hostile barrage has something to do with it. You have recently been confrotational with almost every person who mentions they would like to see a first round halfback taken by the Broncos, in particularly Mendenhall. Instead of just stating your own notions, you continue to lack a sense of tact for others own opinions. Look at your sig, it is neither positive or meant to be constructive of your own thoughts but made strictly to cause strife.

And maybe you do not care whether or not you are suspended from the boards. Or for that fact by what you do, but some of us do...on several threads you have been combative with many posters who have not only contributed to this board far more then you, but have tried to post in a positive manner of why they believe something and instead you continue your nonesense.

Simply stop spinning every thread to a Mendenhall manlove session, and I'll stop.

Leave a comment:

• RyversEtrain
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Well, now we are getting into what "position" of linebacker will the Broncos take? I'm in the camp of leaving DJ at MIKE, I think he's terrible at WILL.

Alot of the guys you listed are MIKEs, whether in a 4-3 or 3-4. Wheeler and Henderson are very likely ILBs in a 3-4 defense. Wheeler could play MIKE in the 4-3. I wouldn't put either at WILL. Wheeler could be gone when we pick anyhow. Butler is going to be an OLB in the 3-4 or possibly a MIKE in the 4-3, but that's doubtful. He's also a definite 3rd Round selection at best. Goff is a 4th Rounder at MIKE at best since he's undersized.

So, out of your linebackers, that leaves only Jerod Mayo as a potential player at WILL. The problem is that he played MIKE in college and probably projects as an ILB in the 3-4.

I think that if we go LB in Round 2, it would have to be Ali Highsmith or Xavier Adibi. I think one of those guys definitely goes to the Rams at the top of the Round whom need an OLB badly to start immediately. I think that's likely to be Highsmith. So, Adibi might be available. I'd rather keep Ian Gold.

Now, if the team wants to move DJ back to WILL (God help us), then your LB in the early 2nd stance does make more hay as options at MIKE will be available.
    Dj's natural position is Will. He may have made the Pro Bowl by now if he could stay there. He is a heck of a team player for moving around so much and saying nothing but I would like to see us bring in a Middle backer and let DJ replace Gold.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Erin Henderson is the one I want. He could replace Nate Webster ASAP at sam and leave DJ at mike and have Winborn at will.

I agree 100%. Erin IS and OLB. I have no idea why this guy feels he's only a MIKE?

Not only does Erin have ALL the tools to be successful... BUT, he comes from good blood (brother is EJ Henderson) AND he comes from a proven, LB Univ. (Maryland).

Safe to say this guy is a safe selection.

SO... If DEN wants DJ in the middle... Draft Henderson. If they want to move DJ back to his old position... Draft Lofton.

NOW... IF Rivers, Connor, Lofton AND Henderson are gone... And a DT like Sims is there... I could live with that. BUT, if Henderson and Lofton are there... NO WAY we can pass on a 2nd round LB!

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Shawn Crable and Geno Hayes would be nice OLBs as well... BUT, I don't think they fall to the 4th. Probably go in the 3rd.

SO... as I said before... I would prefer a 2nd round LB and a 4th round DT.

Give me Lofton, Henderson, Butler, Wheeler or Goff

AND

Okam, McClinton, Shirley, Langford or Morton.

I think this would be MUCH better value than Bryant, Moore and some 4th round LB.

(AND... just so you know... I HIGHLY doubt Sims slips to us in the 2nd anyway... SO, if you can take Lofton out of this argument... I'm allowed to yanks Sims away from you)

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Erin Henderson is the one I want. He could replace Nate Webster ASAP at sam and leave DJ at mike and have Winborn at will.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Goff is a 4th Rounder at MIKE at best since he's undersized.
    What are you talking about?

GOFF is 6'4" and almost 240 pounds? If that's undersized...

Erin & Ezra both run as fast (if not faster) than Connor, Rivers, Highsmith & Adibi... AND... BOTH are/could be OLB...

ERIN HENDERSON IS NOT ILB at all... He's the perfect WILL.

As one site says: "At 6’3 and 236 lbs., he has the size to play either weak side or strong side linebacker spots. He plays in space very well and is a sure tackler. His instincts appear to be fantastic, as he can diagnose plays fairly quickly, probably due to his time at quarterback. He sees the field very well, and has great change of direction and hands for dropping into coverage. "

AND... I repeat... If Curtis Lofton is there... We draft him. Simple as that. He played both inside and outside.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Well, now we are getting into what "position" of linebacker will the Broncos take? I'm in the camp of leaving DJ at MIKE, I think he's terrible at WILL.

Alot of the guys you listed are MIKEs, whether in a 4-3 or 3-4. Wheeler and Henderson are very likely ILBs in a 3-4 defense. Wheeler could play MIKE in the 4-3. I wouldn't put either at WILL. Wheeler could be gone when we pick anyhow. Butler is going to be an OLB in the 3-4 or possibly a MIKE in the 4-3, but that's doubtful. He's also a definite 3rd Round selection at best. Goff is a 4th Rounder at MIKE at best since he's undersized.

So, out of your linebackers, that leaves only Jerod Mayo as a potential player at WILL. The problem is that he played MIKE in college and probably projects as an ILB in the 3-4.

I think that if we go LB in Round 2, it would have to be Ali Highsmith or Xavier Adibi. I think one of those guys definitely goes to the Rams at the top of the Round whom need an OLB badly to start immediately. I think that's likely to be Highsmith. So, Adibi might be available. I'd rather keep Ian Gold.

Now, if the team wants to move DJ back to WILL (God help us), then your LB in the early 2nd stance does make more hay as options at MIKE will be available.
    Your assessment of the LB in the draft is pretty dead on IMO. Lotta Mikes and very few quality OLB. Also add the fact Denver was courting Thomas tells me that Shanny wants to put DJ back at will and draft a mike.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I think there's a chance Curtis Lofton falls to us. BUT, let's say that Rivers, Connor and Lofton are gone...

Why not Erin Henderson? Maryland pumps out good LBs... His brother EJ is good. He's got all the tools.

Why not Goff? Very reliable MLB... a tackling machine. HUGE.

Why not Mayo? Last LB from TENN worked out well for us.

Why not Wheeler? A true play-making potential star!

Why not Ezra Butler?

Oh... by the way... Highsmith is almost 230 pounds and looked good in the Sr. Bowl!

I do agree... that... LB and DT... both have a pool of potential 1-2 round talent... a bunch of busts sprinkled w/ some future Pro Bowl talent... After that... Really nothing of any value until rounds 5-6.

I just think... the aforementioned LBs... are safer bets than most of those DTs you refer to. NOW... if we want a DT... Just grab Balmer in the first and hope we find gold.

I don't really like Sims, Moore, Bryant or Okam.

Of course... I really hope Curtis Lofton falls to us. He would be my first choice. BUT... even if he's not there... I would still rather have Henderson or Goff over Sims, Bryany or Okam.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    PLUS... call me crazy... I like the 4-6 round DTs better... I know... Laws-Okam might not fall... BUt... still... you get my point!

Trevor Laws
    Kendall Langford
    Frank Okam
    Nick Hayden
    Jason Shirley
    James Mcclinton
    Frank Morton

We already have Thomas, Harris, Malalrd, Peterson, Mckinley. GIve me two of these in rounds 4 & 5. Let's go to war!

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    You're advocating a LB in Round 2, but whom is going to available that fits our 4-3 scheme? And more importantly, whom is going to be good value in the Top 2nd at LB? Curtis Lofton will be gone, as will Dan Connor and Keith Rivers. Do you want a sub-220lb guy in Ali Highsmith or Xavier Adibi? Why not just keep Ian Gold then?

LB is poor value in the top 2nd. Best value will likely be DT (specifically Sims, Laws, and Moore), CB, QB, WR, TE, and OG.

I think there's a chance Curtis Lofton falls to us. BUT, let's say that Rivers, Connor and Lofton are gone...

Why not Erin Henderson? Maryland pumps out good LBs... His brother EJ is good. He's got all the tools.

Why not Goff? Very reliable MLB... a tackling machine. HUGE.

Why not Mayo? Last LB from TENN worked out well for us.

Why not Wheeler? A true play-making potential star!

Why not Ezra Butler?

Oh... by the way... Highsmith is almost 230 pounds and looked good in the Sr. Bowl!

I do agree... that... LB and DT... both have a pool of potential 1-2 round talent... a bunch of busts sprinkled w/ some future Pro Bowl talent... After that... Really nothing of any value until rounds 5-6.

I just think... the aforementioned LBs... are safer bets than most of those DTs you refer to. NOW... if we want a DT... Just grab Balmer in the first and hope we find gold.

I don't really like Sims, Moore, Bryant or Okam.

Of course... I really hope Curtis Lofton falls to us. He would be my first choice. BUT... even if he's not there... I would still rather have Henderson or Goff over Sims, Bryany or Okam.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 02-21-2008, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X