Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit will not sign any of its 13 free agents early

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...rn=nfl%2C67653

The Detroit Lions won't try to re-sign any of their 13 players who will become unrestricted free agents before they go on the market coach Rod Marinelli told the Detroit News.

"I don't see it happening," Marinelli said. "I think guys want to go out and test the market. They should."

Damien Woody , who played right offensive tackle the last five games, should get the most attention. Linebacker Boss Bailey is the only full-time starter who will be a free agent. The others are linebacker Teddy Lehman , running backs T.J. Duckett , Aveion Cason and Tatum Bell , tight end John Owens , defensive backs Tony Beckham , Idris Bashir , Smith and Fisher, offensive tackle George Foster and wide receiver Troy Walters . Four players will be restricted free agents — quarterback Dan Orlovsky , guard Stephen Peterman , defensive tackle Langston Moore and Wilson.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...rn=nfl%2C67653

The Detroit Lions won't try to re-sign any of their 13 players who will become unrestricted free agents before they go on the market coach Rod Marinelli told the Detroit News.

"I don't see it happening," Marinelli said. "I think guys want to go out and test the market. They should."

Damien Woody , who played right offensive tackle the last five games, should get the most attention. Linebacker Boss Bailey is the only full-time starter who will be a free agent. The others are linebacker Teddy Lehman , running backs T.J. Duckett , Aveion Cason and Tatum Bell , tight end John Owens , defensive backs Tony Beckham , Idris Bashir , Smith and Fisher, offensive tackle George Foster and wide receiver Troy Walters . Four players will be restricted free agents — quarterback Dan Orlovsky , guard Stephen Peterman , defensive tackle Langston Moore and Wilson.
    Lehman would not be a bad pickup for us to play mike, he was projected and highly touted in 04' I could see us nabbing him.

Comment

Let's bring back Tatum and Foster haha. Then we got Bly, and Marcus Thomas for absolutely nothing. And if you want to go wayyy back, we got Bailey, Thomas, Tatum, and Bly for just Portis haha
      sigpic

Comment

Lehman and Boss Bailey
        Last edited by The Dyna$ty; 02-20-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

wow

This really makes it look like we Robbed the Lions. We get Bly and they get two potential starters who couldn't start in their system AND aren't even worth making a run at to keep them out of free agency. Did the Lions just totally miss the boat on how Tatum and Foster would fit? Were they just that determined to get rid of Bly that they would take any deal. I'm not a big Tatum or Foster fan but I'd certainly take them back as depth! I know we like watching Hall and Young compete but I don't know if either one is actually better than Tatum. And I'd like to see how Foster could perform as a guard. He certainly must be humbled by now and ready to work hard. Would he really get bullrushed any worse than our interior linemen did last year (excluding Holland)?
          "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Boss Bailey and TJ Duckett.

Now that we resigned Henry... We could use Duckett for the depth. We trade Gold and plug Bailey in!

Comment

Teddy Lehman could be a really good linebacker somewhere other than Detroit.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
                Let's bring back Tatum and Foster haha. Then we got Bly, and Marcus Thomas for absolutely nothing. And if you want to go wayyy back, we got Bailey, Thomas, Tatum, and Bly for just Portis haha
                lol... and you though OUR coaching staff did a bad job in the offseason...
                No surprise -- LT left his balls on the bench

No wonder Haynesworth is asking for so much money. Being a hitman is expensive.

Comment

Teddy Lehman is still very young and could excel in a different scheme. I say try him out.

Comment

these are the guys i would like broncos to have a look at:

1) Teddy Lehman, decent linebacker, could either start at outside or be backup to dj in the middle

2) T.J. Duckett, Shanahan likes powerbacks, and Ducket have more power and as far as i know, he is less injury prone than Henry

3) Boss Bailey, the brother of Champ, and a decent 4-3 outside linebacker, I like Lehman better thou

4) Tatum Bell, well.. the guy did 1000 yards in the broncos system

5) George Foster, have some years in the broncos system. would be good to sign as backup if he comes cheap

I don´t think woody would be a good fit in the broncos system, and he will be too expensive.
                    I know some people will think I´m nuts for wanting Tatum and Foster back, but at least the broncos staff know what they are getting

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      Boss Bailey and TJ Duckett.

Now that we resigned Henry... We could use Duckett for the depth. We trade Gold and plug Bailey in!
                      as far as i know, we didn´t resign henry, only restructured his contract

Comment

Working...
                      X