What do you guys think of a trade for VILMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of a trade for VILMA

Just throwing this out after reading the rumors about Johnathon Vilma in New York again..

We get J. Vilma

We give Javon Walker and a 4th round pick

Doubt that trade would ever happen. But seems it would be good for us and them. They need help at WR (Coles is getting older and is having Contract issues...after him all they have is Cotchery)

Vilma also hasn't been fitting the new scheme that Mangini brought in.

We could let Vilma play MLB and move DJ back outside where he was a lot better.

Just a thought.

I would absolutley love this, DJ and Vilma back together again. And get javon Walkers crying ass out of here.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

these threads for vilma are getting as old as the Mendehall/stewart threads

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
        Vilma has injury problems worse than the Javon, and make matters worse, the J E T S wont give any details to this day what happened.

Comment

If it can pull through somehow, i say: doooo it!

Comment

Go for Zach Thomas! He is the best guy for the job.
            sigpic Jay Cutler QB of the Future

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Master 911 View Post
              Go for Zach Thomas! He is the best guy for the job.
              yeah and we'll bring back jake, they can hit eachother in the head and get concusions together
              Canadian broncos fan for life

Comment

Sorry my friend. I checked and didn't see any recent ones.

And just today the NY Daily Times ran the story of Vilma. There hasn't been a story to my knowledge for a couple of months. And not one I've known of since Walker's statements.

Thought it was a good idea.

Comment

I made a thread on it awhile ago...but I love the idea so lets keep talking about this and let the haters keep posting complaints. Lets just hope Laverneus Coles holds out for longer deal. If there is one organization I hate in the NFL outside of the opponents in the AFC West...its the Jets. I'm still amazed the actually win games with the players they have on their roster.
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                    I made a thread on it awhile ago...but I love the idea so lets keep talking about this and let the haters keep posting complaints. Lets just hope Laverneus Coles holds out for longer deal. If there is one organization I hate in the NFL outside of the opponents in the AFC West...its the Jets. I'm still amazed the actually win games with the players they have on their roster.
                    Oh please!

Haters?

He is INJURY PLAGUED!

Comment

Then don't read them!

It really is that simple......

Comment

It was just last year man, he was a freaking stud at the U, and he did beat out DJ for rookie of the year(defensive), then they brought in mangini, switched to a 3-4, wasnt fitting in and got injured. Hey I got an idea, when someone gets injured they should just quit football or be cut. You do know that he would have to pass a physical in order for the trade happen. He is young, intelligent, and the pure MIKE, we need in order to get DJ back to WILL.
                        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                          It was just last year man, he was a freaking stud at the U, and he did beat out DJ for rookie of the year(defensive), then they brought in mangini, switched to a 3-4, wasnt fitting in and got injured. Hey I got an idea, when someone gets injured they should just quit football or be cut. You do know that he would have to pass a physical in order for the trade happen. He is young, intelligent, and the pure MIKE, we need in order to get DJ back to WILL.
                          There was doubts that he would even be able to play as effectively as he could before after this injury.

Pass.

Comment

This is why you do just a wee little, not much, but a tad of research before you start spewing names out.....

Google Jonathan Vilma and what do you find?

Jan. 23, 2008 - 6:04 p.m. ET
                            Jonathan Vilma (knee surgery) is uncertain if he'll be ready for spring workouts.
                            Vilma is off crutches, but can't run yet after undergoing surgery to remove floating bone fragments from his right knee in early November. When asked if he expects to be traded this offseason, Vilma would only say "that's outside of my control." He has two years left on his rookie contract.
                            Source: Newsday

The extent of his injury is unknown and the Jets are guarding it as if it were nuclear codes....

Why bring in and replace the current MLB with a player who is injured, may not be able to play at the beginning of the season, and malcontent on top of that? Answer is you don't. If DJ is going to be replaced, it needs to be someone that A. is healthy and B. has the attitude and moxy to play as well or better than the guy he is replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                              This is why you do just a wee little, not much, but a tad of research before you start spewing names out.....

Google Jonathan Vilma and what do you find?

Jan. 23, 2008 - 6:04 p.m. ET
                              Jonathan Vilma (knee surgery) is uncertain if he'll be ready for spring workouts.
                              Vilma is off crutches, but can't run yet after undergoing surgery to remove floating bone fragments from his right knee in early November. When asked if he expects to be traded this offseason, Vilma would only say "that's outside of my control." He has two years left on his rookie contract.
                              Source: Newsday

The extent of his injury is unknown and the Jets are guarding it as if it were nuclear codes....

Why bring in and replace the current MLB with a player who is injured, may not be able to play at the beginning of the season, and malcontent on top of that? Answer is you don't. If DJ is going to be replaced, it needs to be someone that A. is healthy and B. has the attitude and moxy to play as well or better than the guy he is replacing.

Where does it hint at the malcontent? He is being honest that it is beyond his control
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                              X