X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S Ken Hamlin tagged as Cowboys' Franchise Player

http://www.thephinsider.com/story/2008/2/21/141732/165

O noes all the good free agents are becoming unavailable

If we wanted a safety I'd like to get Jamie Silva in the later rounds. Mayock had him as a sleeper and he looks good.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

that sucks........

but dont worry S gibril wilson is still avilable and belive it or not the vikings release of smith could be just what we need..... a veteran to help spell our safety core while we groom a youngster from the draft

smith averaged 3 ints per year his last 6 years and is a very consistent safety, while not spectacular he could easily fill the void in veteran presence if lynch retires while we groom our Safety draftee, and he will come at a cheap price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
        If we wanted a safety I'd like to get Jamie Silva in the later rounds. Mayock had him as a sleeper and he looks good.
        I watch alot of BC games since im out in here Mass.

Silva is tough dont get me wrong...but every time ive watched him hes just looked real slow compared to competition.

Thats just me though. He could be tough usable safety in the NFL. There are just alot of other names I would opt for above him.
        sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
          I watch alot of BC games since im out in here Mass.

Silva is tough dont get me wrong...but every time ive watched him hes just looked real slow compared to competition.

Thats just me though. He could be tough usable safety in the NFL. There are just alot of other names I would opt for above him.
          Sounds like a poor man's John Lynch.

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
            that sucks........

but dont worry S gibril wilson is still avilable and belive it or not the vikings release of smith could be just what we need.....
            Just when I thought my subliminal messaging campaign sucked.

Comment

The interesting part about this is Flozell Adams, their LT, is also going to be a FA, and the Boys obviously elected to use the tag on Hamlin instead.

Comment

hamlin is not worth the franchise tag and i am glad all the good FA's are being tagged.... it is going to force the broncos to build through the draft, which is just what the broncos need to do.
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

exactly

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                  hamlin is not worth the franchise tag and i am glad all the good FA's are being tagged.... it is going to force the broncos to build through the draft, which is just what the broncos need to do.
                  I thought franchise meant you get a one year deal that is the average of the top 5 players at the position. That seems like it would be a bucket load of money for Hamlin. But maybe the Cowboys just don't have the depth and panicked. Watch one of the NFC East teams pick up FLozell in a jiffy!
                  "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

i completely agree. we need to fix our problems through the draft.
                    however, i was hoping a young f/a like a corey williams would have been available because we need A LOT of draft picks to fix our problems.
                    No surprise -- LT left his balls on the bench

No wonder Haynesworth is asking for so much money. Being a hitman is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by x_ts View Post
                      i completely agree. we need to fix our problems through the draft.
                      however, i was hoping a young f/a like a corey williams would have been available because we need A LOT of draft picks to fix our problems.
                      give it two more years of good draft and the broncos will be set. The broncos have some good young talent. They need some more and some good vets to help lead.
                      sigpic
                      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska View Post
                        I thought franchise meant you get a one year deal that is the average of the top 5 players at the position. That seems like it would be a bucket load of money for Hamlin. But maybe the Cowboys just don't have the depth and panicked. Watch one of the NFC East teams pick up FLozell in a jiffy!
                        Given the huge OT contracts that are floating around, tagging Flozell would've been really expensive. Safety isn't too bad in comparison, IIRC.

With Roy Williams not playing well, the Cowboys had plenty of reasons beyond just $$$ to hold on to Hamlin. I suspect they'll get a deal worked out soon to keep him in Dallas for the long term.

Comment

Its actually a bad sign it just means building a good team on either side just became alot harder.

we could trade a 4th away for Hamlin but in reality he's not worth it.

Still going early for a Safety is ill avised.

I rather go Defensive Line in the first round If needed.

A good D-line can make nobodies in the secondary into somebodies.
                          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

The only problem is we suck at the draft.......
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                              The only problem is we suck at the draft.......
                              exactly!!

and the problem is that the team's problems HAVE to be fixed thru the draft.

from the look of things, we're still a couple of years away from being a contender.
                              No surprise -- LT left his balls on the bench

No wonder Haynesworth is asking for so much money. Being a hitman is expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X