Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Bronco fans be pissed if our first pick went to the offensive line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Bronco fans be pissed if our first pick went to the offensive line?

I know the Raiders did it a few years ago, and it didn't really pan out well. How would you feel if our first pick went to help our Offensive Line?

I think it would be a good investment.
    sigpic

It could go either way I feel.

On one hand, you can never have to many really good lineman.

On the other hand, we do have a decent corps of offensive lineman with Harris/Pears/Hamilton/Meyers/Kuper/Nalen/Holland.

Alot of very important positions are lacking on the broncos defense as well, and many on the worthwhile FA's are getting franchised.

Personally, I wouldnt be pissed necessarily. But I would much prefer to see us draft Defense.
    sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

If it's a good prospect then I wouldn't mind at all! Jay did pretty good with the crap he was dealing with last year, imagine him behind a good line.

I don't want to see them blow it on a WR or the likes when we have glaring needs.....the OLine being one of them!
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

If the person could protect Cutler then I would happy.
        sigpic
        Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Yes, I would

I would like us to pick up a safety or an awesome linebacker.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I would certainly not be pissed. The draft is such a crap-shoot to begin with, I think trying to grab the best lineman we can (DL or OL, I dont care) is a very good plan.

I just feel like we have adequate depth in the "skill" positions. We really need help in the trenches.

It would not hurt my feelings one bit if we got a stud safety or LB, either.

T777
            "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Not at all.

Comment

Not at all. If the OL is one of our most painstaking needs, then it needs to be addressed in the 1st rd.
                Originally posted by darth-hideous
                Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
                Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

The two O-lineman I wouldn't mind Denver drafting would be Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt and Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

No I woudn't be mad.

I don't trust Ryan Harris to start and play LT in his second year.

I would draft a young LT.. see how well he plays. If he isn't up to the task yet, move Pears over there who actually played the LT better then the RT.

Comment

A rookie OT will always take 1-2 years to develop with the Broncos ZBS. It's an unfortunate fact. So if Denver takes an OT at #12 they will be paying an outrageous salary to a kid who won't likely make it on the field in 1-2 years.

That is why ZBS OL are usually taken on 2nd day.

Comment

No, I wouldn't be pissed at all. I WANT THEM TO!

Anyone watch that... uh, crap... what's it called, Super Bowl a few weeks back?

See what a good D-line and O-line can do? A lot.

Do it. Do it. DO IT!

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
                        sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

I wouldn't mind it one bit, especially after watching how little time Cutler had in the pocket this year.

Infact that's probably our best bet there at 12.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nope. Both our O-line and D-line need to get fixed.

As for letting the D-line developing as is the only place they are going to go is from 30 to 32. I don't see anything improving in the middle.

As for our O-line, not one of our strong points this year as it has been for a while.

guys getting injured was a big problem. We need depth. And we need to protect or most valuable asset... Jay Cutler. He is the "future" right? protect him. Keep him around long term don't allow him to get whacked around so much.

Plus it will help the passing game a lot if Jay had more time to pass. I was always a firm believer that championships start at the O-line.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                              No I woudn't be mad.

I don't trust Ryan Harris to start and play LT in his second year.

I would draft a young LT.. see how well he plays. If he isn't up to the task yet, move Pears over there who actually played the LT better then the RT.
                              Why would you trust a rookie, when you wont trust someone with experience, however little?
                              sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Working...
                              X