Jamie Silva???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Silva???????

I saw Mayock talk about him as an undervalued player and he said "all he does is make plays". What do you guys think about him and whether or not we'll get him? Just don't tell me you'd rather have KP, I just looked at his profile and liked what I saw.

www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jamie-silva?id=316
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Kid's a stud, he's all over the field all the time... I'd like to see him or Zbikowski in orange and blue to be honest with you, as I think both of them would fill Lynch's role quite nicely whenever he decides to retire... I think it would be a better value pick than KP as well, mainly for the fact that we can address a bigger glaring need than safety in the first round (LB, WR, HB, OL, DL) and still get a quality player in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on whether we get Silva or Zbikowski and how their Combines go...

Comment

Hed be a solid pick. I feel like his stock will go up after this weekend, and hell probably go in the late third or early fourth.

Personally, I think (just my personal little fantasy draft) he would be great with Phillips. They're both versatile safeties, so they could switch up assignments, they're both tough against the run and have a good sense for the ball.

Something about Lynch/Phillips/Silva with Champ and Bly sounds good to me...

nab a DT in the second, a LB in FA....but I digress.
      sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Silva isnt going to impress people at the combine, he isnt that athletic compared to some other talents out there, but the guy has that playmaking ability, where everything goes right for him. He is a very aware player and I would love to see him in a Bronco Uni if we dont get Kenny Phillips, which Im banking on Phillips having a great combine and moving up into the 15-35 range....especially if the Dolphins do infact move Jason Allen to corner.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
          Silva isnt going to impress people at the combine, he isnt that athletic compared to some other talents out there, but the guy has that playmaking ability, where everything goes right for him.
          I agree, Mayock was asked what a good 40 time would be for him. He laughed and then said anything under 4.8! The guy doesn't impress people in workouts but he has what it takes on the field.
          sigpic
          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Put him at SS and let him stay close to the LoS where he can read & react, and you won't be disappointed.

Comment

The funny thing about Silva, as unathletic as he is, he is great in pass coverage, I'm pretty sure he reads QBs mind.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

He probably won't be drafted and if he is it will be in the 7th round as Mike Mayock said. I doubt he's 5'11". If you watch any games with him in it he is at least half a foot shorter than the next shortest person. He looks shorter than Bob Sanders. I'd rather draft Ali Highsmith and let him play saftey.

Comment

He was one of the main reasons BC had so much success this year. I really dont think he would go undrafted, without a doubt second day, but if he falls out of draft, we def should bring him in.
                  New England Patriots GM

Comment

Working...
                  X