Earl Bennett...UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos9697 View Post
    OK I have a ?? on that note...first its great news for all bronco fans but my ?? is can we trade up in the draft and get a few extra picks in later rounds and still draft him where's he expected to get drafted at 1st round 2nd round let me know
    Only way I see this possibly happening is

A.) Shanny just uses 2nd round pick on him. Shanny is not shy about reaching hard core for a player he desperately wants.

B.) Shanny trades way down in first and grabs an extra second rounder at least and uses one on Bennett.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he'll be one of the names on our draft board...I hear his style is very much like Rod's (and he can run block!)

That said, considering how secretive the Broncos like to be around the draft I don't know how happy Shanny will be that this is going public. But in any case I hope we do get him
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
        Can he do that? Wouldn't that be considered tampering? Not sure just asking.
        Bennett can train anywhere he feels comfortable doing so and with whom he wants. Just because Cutler requested we draft him doesn't break any rules. Actually, he did the proper and ethical thing by properly declaring for the draft. There still can be a possibility that another team can draft him before we attempted to do so. It's all good!

Comment

B.) Shanny trades way down in first and grabs an extra second rounder at least and uses one on Bennett.
          That's exactly what I was thinking. Or he could grab an early 3rd round pick and hope Bennett lasts that long.

There's also some Cutler-Bennett info on Andrew Mason's blog.

I can't watch the video right now (work) but I'm curious to know what he said.

Comment

Hmm, what are the odds of the Raiders taking him just to piss us off?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
              That's exactly what I was thinking. Or he could grab an early 3rd round pick and hope Bennett lasts that long.

The Video is of Jay and Earl Bennett single handedly driving down to score against the Vols.
              sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
                Hmm, what are the odds of the Raiders taking him just to piss us off?
                I wouldn't put anything past Al Davis! Hell, the more I think about it, he would do it...........

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post

Bennett Interview:

But having an already mature quarterback who was on the NFL fast track under center helped him blossom quickly, to the point he was able to become the SEC’s all-time leader in receptions with 236 … in just three years.

“It helped me tremendously,” said Bennett, who turned pro with one year of eligibility remaining. “Sometimes I would get on the field and I wouldn’t even know the play …”

Eh … maybe you don’t want to admit that, Earl. But, anyway, continue.

“… and Jay Cutler would help me out and put me in the right position. He was a great leader. He helped me out on the field. It was great working with a guy of such great caliber — and character, as well.”

If Bennett follows Cutler’s road into the NFL, he’ll be in good shape after two years. He’s already started mimicking his former teammate’s pro path by hiring agent Bus Cook — Cutler’s representative the last two years.

“More Cutler connection,” Bennett said, smiling.

Also worth noting, even though I can’t logically fit it into the above narrative without stewing over phrases and transitions for an hour … the 5-foot-11, 208-pound Bennett cut off the dreadlocks he’d brandished in recent years.

Then followed by Cutler-Bennett highlight reel.

Comment

“It helped me tremendously,” said Bennett, who turned pro with one year of eligibility remaining. “Sometimes I would get on the field and I wouldn’t even know the play …”

Hmm. It's conceivable that he wouldn't know all the plays as a Fresher. But yeah, it's an odd thing to admit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Bennett Interview:

But having an already mature quarterback who was on the NFL fast track under center helped him blossom quickly, to the point he was able to become the SEC’s all-time leader in receptions with 236 … in just three years.

“… and Jay Cutler would help me out and put me in the right position. He was a great leader. He helped me out on the field. It was great working with a guy of such great caliber — and character, as well.”

If Bennett follows Cutler’s road into the NFL, he’ll be in good shape after two years. He’s already started mimicking his former teammate’s pro path by hiring agent Bus Cook — Cutler’s representative the last two years.

“More Cutler connection,” Bennett said, smiling.

Also worth noting, even though I can’t logically fit it into the above narrative without stewing over phrases and transitions for an hour … the 5-foot-11, 208-pound Bennett cut off the dreadlocks he’d brandished in recent years.

Then followed by Cutler-Bennett highlight reel.

Thanks, I read the blog but I couldn't watch the reel. I didn't know if it was footage from his interview or what.

Comment

Cutler should tell Bennett to really blow his 40 time (and other workouts)... I dont know maybe a 4.75 to drive down his draft stock so we can pick him up in the 4th. Its a win-win situation for the Broncos and for Bennett.

Comment

Originally posted by 6cbryan View Post
                          Cutler should tell Bennett to really blow his 40 time (and other workouts)... I dont know maybe a 4.75 to drive down his draft stock so we can pick him up in the 4th. Its a win-win situation for the Broncos and for Bennett.
                          You do know there is a major fine for that...lol. I remember someone did something for the supplemental draft where they did not declare on time and basically had a deal worked out with a team and it was accepted but later found out he could have entered the draft, there was alot of buzz over it. I believe the team was fined or penalized in some way...lol. I believe we will use our first second round pick on him regardless if he looks to be a late second round pick...not like we haven't reached before people...lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by BF View Post
                            I wouldn't put anything past Al Davis! Hell, the more I think about it, he would do it...........
                            With the number 3 selection in the NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select.....

Comment

Cutler's telling Shanahan who to draft?
                              sigpic

Comment

You know, listening to the players on who to draft might actually do us better in the long run then letting the "coaches" scout and draft the players...

Comment

Working...
                                X