• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    i wouldnt be mad with that but what do you think of hall
    Good break away speed, he spreads the field alright, has decent moves and good hands, not a great nose for the endzone but runs above average in his routes...he would be a good pickup if we miss out on Bennett...

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by lancane View Post
    I really am only guessing, I hope Shanahan pulls a smokescreen and nabs Mendenhall, then somehow gets an additional pick in the second round and nabs Earl Bennett with one and takes a defensive player with the other. I think it would be sweet if all of a sudden we get maybe Mendenhall, Harrison and Bennett, or if Otah somehow fell into the second round we get Otah and Bennett...you know something that makes everyone happy...except the anti-halfback crowd...lol.

And I still like Bruce Hocker from Duquesne, but I am sure he will be overlooked by us...
    i wouldnt be mad with that but what do you think of hall

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    ouch . . . . :lmao:

i like earl but i feel if we can pull an extra 3rd id take him but saying he doesnt make it that far i would love DJ Hall from bama, he looks like he would compliment Marshall excellently or even donnie avery (4.2 speed )
    I really am only guessing, I hope Shanahan pulls a smokescreen and nabs Mendenhall, then somehow gets an additional pick in the second round and nabs Earl Bennett with one and takes a defensive player with the other. I think it would be sweet if all of a sudden we get maybe Mendenhall, Harrison and Bennett, or if Otah somehow fell into the second round we get Otah and Bennett...you know something that makes everyone happy...except the anti-halfback crowd...lol.

And I still like Bruce Hocker from Duquesne, but I am sure he will be overlooked by us...

Leave a comment:

• BF
    replied
    Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    If somehow we aquire a high 3rd RD or a low 2nd RD I think its possible. I hate to say it but I doubt we pick him (though I REALLY want him) because we have too many holes on the team to have the luxury to draft a WR that high. But stranger things have happened before.

When I watch Bennett play he reminds me a lot of Rod Smith! Doesnt excel at any one thing but does everything very well. Good hands, runs good route, deceptive speed, hard to tackle and can block!

Here to hoping we can find a way to pick him up.

Cutler, Henry, Young, Marshall, Bennett, Stokely, Graham, Scheffler=Dangerous offense!!!
    You don't think WR is a need? With JW probably gone, all we have is Marshall, Stokley and the rest are all carpetbaggers. (I'am not including Scheffler in this.)

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    I agree except for the halfback part, our running backs would not scare my grandmother, well not unless she is still fertile and then she should be scared!

ouch . . . . :lmao:

i like earl but i feel if we can pull an extra 3rd id take him but saying he doesnt make it that far i would love DJ Hall from bama, he looks like he would compliment Marshall excellently or even donnie avery (4.2 speed )

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    I agree except for the halfback part, our running backs would not scare my grandmother, well not unless she is still fertile and then she should be scared!

Okay I agree with you on that but I'm guessing (even though I want Mendenhall) that we probably wont go in that direction. But who knows, Shanny could surprise all of us and give lancane and I our dream pick of Mendenhall and make our offense unstoppable!!!

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    If somehow we aquire a high 3rd RD or a low 2nd RD I think its possible. I hate to say it but I doubt we pick him (though I REALLY want him) because we have too many holes on the team to have the luxury to draft a WR that high. But stranger things have happened before.

When I watch Bennett play he reminds me a lot of Rod Smith! Doesnt excel at any one thing but does everything very well. Good hands, runs good route, deceptive speed, hard to tackle and can block!

Cutler, Henry, Young, Marshall, Bennett, Stokely, Graham, Scheffler=Dangerous offense!!!

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream View Post
    Personally, I feel Earl is a top 50 player in the draft and would be more than worthy of the selection at #42 pending the other WR talent there. It's a pipe dream that we'd get him, but he's another solid receiver who would compliment Marshall well. I think he has a lot of Anquan Boldin in him.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Personally, I feel Earl is a top 50 player in the draft and would be more than worthy of the selection at #42 pending the other WR talent there. It's a pipe dream that we'd get him, but he's another solid receiver who would compliment Marshall well. I think he has a lot of Anquan Boldin in him.

Leave a comment:

• axx
    replied
    I'd love to see Earl with the Broncos i can see him coming in and making an impact imediately.

Anyone know more about his speed? can he stretch the field?

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    What?...dispute what?
    Gr3y you just said you did not see how it could mean anything, but already it has been posted that Cutler has been pointing out Bennett to Shanahan, who already admitted he wanted to give Cutler weapons. But as you stated the fact they are working out together does not mean anything, but it actually does, no matter what Kelly is doing the fact that Bennett who Cutler has been giving hints on to Shanahan has been working with him, Scheffler and Marshall, they are already working together that means he may not miss a beat if we draft him and he gets along with the QB, I am sure that Shanahan will consider that fact over well this kid is rated higher...lol.

Pretty much I was giving you a hard time though...lol.

Leave a comment:

• Gr3yStreet
    replied
    Hahaha...yeah, I am sure good old Kelly and him go way back, I have not heard about him telling Shanahan "I want Kelly!" Sometimes you reach for stuff to dispute Gr3y, and I do not mind...it makes me laugh.
    What?...dispute what?

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks?tag=combine

I dont think Earl Bennett being down there is anything special at all. There are alot of athletes working out at this school it seems. According to the blog, Malcom Kelly has been working out with Cutler too.
    Hahaha...yeah, I am sure good old Kelly and him go way back, I have not heard about him telling Shanahan "I want Kelly!" Sometimes you reach for stuff to dispute Gr3y, and I do not mind...it makes me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Gr3yStreet
    replied
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks?tag=combine

I dont think Earl Bennett being down there is anything special at all. There are alot of athletes working out at this school it seems. According to the blog, Malcom Kelly has been working out with Cutler too.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    I imagine now Marcus Thomas, Jarvis Moss and Steve Harris will ask Shanny to draft their Gator buddy (Harvey), to reunite that championship D-line?

LOL...

I was talking about this yesterday w/ Lancane... I guess I was wrong... There's actually more to the story... We might indeed draft Earl Bennett in the 2nd round.

I felt there was NO WAY we would draft him with the 44th pick. I still feel that way... BUT... with news that Walker and Gold are on the block, and that we have 6 picks between 4-7 rounds... AND, possibility we might trade down in the first... AND, finally... Given Shanny and the owner syaign we MUST build through the draft...

SAFE TO SAY DENVER will be picking up another 2-3 round pick... IF Bennett is there... he will be the target.

I felt there was no way we would pass on this year's #1 WR in the first round, only to "reach" for the #7-10 WR in the second round (is Bennett one of the top 45 players in this draft class)?

BUT... we do need a WR. SO, if we pick up another 2nd rounder... I will actually now declare we will target Earl Bennett. SEC player... Productive. Good Character. All good signs.

NOW... I would prefer Kelly, Sweed, Hardy, Manningham... or Royal, Arringonto (in the 4th)... BUT... it does make sense now.

SO... by process of elimination... Our first round pick becomes easier to predict. We restructure Henry's contract, we look to grab another 2nd round pick (to draft a WR)... SO... assume we WONT take a RB or WR in the first... ASSUME top 2 DTs are gone... It boils down to this:

Balmer
    Connor
    Rivers
    OT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X