Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack of Stud QB Hurting Broncos this draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of Stud QB Hurting Broncos this draft?

What really, really, really annoys me:

WHY... OH WHY mon... The first time in a while we have such a high draft pick... Does this have to be the one draft w/ barely a first round QB? HArdly even one franchise stud? MAN, what bad luck huh?

Miami, Falcons, Ravens... just 3 of the 11 teams ahead of us... who could use a QB... BUT... there's not one worthy for them to pick? This stinks.

In any normal draft. AT LEAST 2 QBs would be picked before 12... Maybe even three. Of course, not this year!

I hope I'm wrong... I hope we get a curve ball... I hope either Miami or Atlanta take Ryan and Baltimore takes a QB. Maybe Ellis slips into our lap?

I guess the same thing could be said of last year's draft... Maybe this is a new trend? Anyway... I guess only Ellis was the one player we might have lost on b/c of sucha weak QB class?

Can anyone think of another top 10 pick this year, who DEN would covet and who could've possibly fallen to 12... had at least 2 QBs gone before we make our move?

OR... does this actually help DEN... B/C teams might make a run at QBs in the 2nd round? SO, 2-3 might be grabbed then... meaning that a player we need/want, who falls out of the 1st... might make it to us in the 2nd? If so... who?

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    What really, really, really annoys me:

WHY... OH WHY mon... The first time in a while we have such a high draft pick... Does this have to be the one draft w/ barely a first round QB? HArdly even one franchise stud? MAN, what bad luck huh?

Miami, Falcons, Ravens... just 3 of the 11 teams ahead of us... who could use a QB... BUT... there's not one worthy for them to pick? This stinks.

In any normal draft. AT LEAST 2 QBs would be picked before 12... Maybe even three. Of course, not this year!

I hope I'm wrong... I hope we get a curve ball... I hope either Miami or Atlanta take Ryan and Baltimore takes a QB. Maybe Ellis slips into our lap?

I guess the same thing could be said of last year's draft... Maybe this is a new trend? Anyway... I guess only Ellis was the one player we might have lost on b/c of sucha weak QB class?

Can anyone think of another top 10 pick this year, who DEN would covet and who could've possibly fallen to 12... had at least 2 QBs gone before we make our move?
    Ellis will be a Raider if they get the best of the coin flip...there is no way we see him fall into our laps! Nice thought, but I do not smoke with Henry, so I know when something is not likely...lol.

Comment

The Raiders lost the coin flip didn't they? Atlanta is picking before them I'm pretty sure.

Either way - Ellis is gone way before we pick.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
        The Raiders lost the coin flip didn't they? Atlanta is picking before them I'm pretty sure.

They lost the flip with Atlanta but beat the Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
          They lost the flip with Atlanta but beat the Chiefs.
          Yeah well the Chiefs deserve it after they got Jones instead of us, we would have a new right tackle if not for them...

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post

Agree...but stanger things have happened on draft day.

-Joe
            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

I do agree... NO WAY ELLIS falls to us.

I think Miami will draft either Chris Long or Matt Ryan. Parcells is BIG believer in "bloodlines" and I know this would be the tiebreaker if all things were equal... NOW, Chris Long is not an OLB in a 3-4, nore is he really a DE in a 3-4? Is he a tweener? I do not know. ALSO, does Bill like Beck? I hear rumblings are he doesn't... Does he think Matt Ryan is the real deal? I have no idea. BUT... if Bill doesn't like Beck and he does like Ryan... Like Bledsoe and Chad... He'll grab Ryan. It took Bill 4 years to find his QB in Dallas. One thing Parcells can do... is find talent on the D-line... SO, he could pass on LONG.

I think St. Louis would grab Chris Long if Miami drafts Ryan. If not, they might grab Dorsey or even Jake Long.

This leaves Atlanta... Will they take Dorsey? Maybe they suffer from the AP blues, and they go for D-Mcfad? Maybe they go for the other Long

IF... Miami goes for Ryan and Rams grab Long... I think Raiders draft Dorsey (even though their coach has USC connection and adores Ellis).

No matter what... Ellis will not last until 12... Sr. Bowl made that official!

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
                Agree...but stanger things have happened on draft day.

-Joe
                We are the Broncos, luck does not happen often and mainly it is at the quarterback position. DeBerg comes in and leads the team breaking several records, John Elway demands a trade and we get him and then Cutler slips past two teams and lands in our laps cause of bad judgement...other then that Bronco history is filled with lucky later round miracles and some solid picks in the draft, but they were never so much luck then just chance!

Comment

Strange things have happened. I highly doubt Ellis falls into our lap... BUT, can we all agree... He might have fallen IF:

Miami, Falcons and Ravens all selected QBs?

St. Louis drafts Jake Long
                  Raiders draft Chris Long
                  Chiefs take Ryan Clady
                  Jets take D-Mcfad
                  Pats take a CB
                  Cincy takes Dorsey
                  Saints take a LB or DB
                  Bills take a WR or LB
                  Broncos take Ellis

Not likely... but possible. Things might have worked out... IF 3 QBs were drafted in the first 11 picks, and certain teams chose certain players?

Comment

Strange things have happened. I highly doubt Ellis falls into our lap... BUT, can we all agree... He might have fallen IF:

Miami, Falcons and Ravens all selected QBs?

St. Louis drafts Jake Long
                    Raiders draft Chris Long
                    Chiefs take Ryan Clady
                    Jets take D-Mcfad
                    Pats take a CB
                    Cincy takes Dorsey
                    Saints take a LB or DB
                    Bills take a WR or LB
                    Broncos take Ellis

Not likely... but possible. Things might have worked out... IF 3 QBs were drafted in the first 11 picks, and certain teams chose certain players?
                    I guess anything is possible...

I mean I am still hoping for Mendenhall, so obviously I do believe that in some form...hahaha.

Comment

If Ellis falls to #7 to NE, trade up with them and snag him. NE will want to trade down.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                        If Ellis falls to #7 to NE, trade up with them and snag him. NE will want to trade down.
                        No thanks I would rather trade down then waste too much to move up for one player, lets just trade down for Atlanta's two second round and there third rounder and just nab the BPA at that point, at least we could fill the holes that way...lol.

I like Ellis but trading up if very unlikely, best to hope he falls...

Comment

I could live with Sims, Lofton and Bennett in the 2nd... OL in the 3rd... Dizon and Barrett in the 4th... FB in the 5th along w/ RB... Punter in the 7th!

Comment

I could live with Sims, Lofton and Bennett in the 2nd... OL in the 3rd... Dizon and Barrett in the 4th... FB in the 5th along w/ RB... Punter in the 7th!
                            I highly doubt Shanahan waits until the 7th for a halfback, I am telling you all that if we do not add a capable halfback in free agency, expect a running back by the end of the 4th round...lol. Shanahan will not risk a season on who we have already...and originally I was being a smart - you know what, but I do not see that happening either.

Comment

There have been some pundits speculating that Ryan and Brohm could go in the top ten. Some say that the Dolphins could take Ryan if they think Beck is not the answer. Some have speculated that the Falcons could still look at Brohm even though Petrino is gone. The Ravens might still look at a quarterback as well.

If those two go in the top ten, maybe a player that would otherwise have been picked that high will fall to the Broncos.

I'm still hoping we get a left tackle.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X