Rashard Mendenhall: 'I'm the Best Back'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post
    How much you think think the RBs will put up average, I can already tell you Stewart is going to put up some nice reps, I seen him put up 350 or something rediculous in HS his Junior year I heard hes done way more now a days.

How much you think your boy Mendenhall will put up?
    I think Mendenhall will do around 22 and Stewart I would go 24 to 25, they are both such workout nuts that I think they will be close on near everything, but I think Stewart gets the bench press edge by at least three reps. But average for most of the tailbacks I will go with 15 as the average.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
      I think Mendenhall will do around 22 and Stewart I would go 24 to 25, they are both such workout nuts that I think they will be close on near everything, but I think Stewart gets the bench press edge by at least three reps. But average for most of the tailbacks I will go with 15 as the average.
      Serious?

If Stewart puts up anything short of 30 I would be shocked.

Comment

Serious?

If Stewart puts up anything short of 30 I would be shocked.
        There is a difference between the 225 press and max weight, the absorbtion of the weight in the press wares you down and is also a test of physical push and strength...I highly doubt Stewart hits anything above 25 reps...I do not care if you max out at 400lbs. as far as bench pressing goes, the 225 is far from easy and after 10 reps you start to feel the ware on the arms and by 15 they feel like jello and what ever else you put up is just strength physically and Mentally.

Comment

There is a difference between the 225 press and max weight, the absorbtion of the weight in the press wares you down and is also a test of physical push and strength...I highly doubt Stewart hits anything above 25 reps...I do not care if you max out at 400lbs. as far as bench pressing goes, the 225 is far from easy and after 10 reps you start to feel the ware on the arms and by 15 they feel like jello and what ever else you put up is just strength physically and Mentally.
          Yeah but if you watched that ESPN feature they did on Stewart they said they were focusing on overcoming that muscle fatigue and working through it to put up a higher number, I think hes gonna set a bench press record for the RB position at the combine.

Comment

Even as we have many greater needs than the half back position... I would love to see Mendenhall or Stewart in a Broncos jersey. They both are great football prospects along with good attitudes and intelligence. Our offense really could dominate wither either of them behind the line.

I think it's unlikely we draft either of them... but I guess with Shanahan anything is really possible. I guess we just have to hope T Henry puts down the herbal for real. He really could be a powerful back in our system. Off season kills :brick:

Comment

Yeah but if you watched that ESPN feature they did on Stewart they said they were focusing on overcoming that muscle fatigue and working through it to put up a higher number, I think hes gonna set a bench press record for the RB position at the combine.
              We will just have to wait and see, but I do not think so...I could be wrong though.

Comment

We will just have to wait and see, but I do not think so...I could be wrong though.

Yeah we will see hopefully its tomorrow like I think it is.

the OL and TE work out and the skill positions bench I believe, I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                I guess we just have to hope T Henry puts down the herbal for real. He really could be a powerful back in our system. Off season kills :brick:
                The first few games Travis Henry looked like he could go for 2,000 in our offense but than he got hurt and all that off the field stuff came up, but at least he recognizes that he gave us a bad deal last year and he wants to redeem himself you gotta admire someone that wants to do that, he wants to make things right with Denver and IF big big big big big IF he can stay healthy w/ young and hall we can have a beast backfield.
                Last edited by The Dyna$ty; 02-22-2008, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Yeah we will see hopefully its tomorrow like I think it is.

the OL and TE work out and the skill positions bench I believe, I could be wrong.
                  We will know on Sunday for sure though, so either way all the running backs should be done by that evening and we will know all...

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13
                    I hope one of Henry's 9 ex-girlfriends runs him over and breaks both his legs.

It would help the team and society
                    NOT COOL!! you don't wish that on ANYONE!!!

except Tom Brady...
                    No surprise -- LT left his balls on the bench

No wonder Haynesworth is asking for so much money. Being a hitman is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by x_ts View Post
                      NOT COOL!! you don't wish that on ANYONE!!!

except Tom Brady...
                      What if Tom Raid-Me, Randy Me-Moss, Travis Poke-Em-High-Henry, Bill Bell-N-Cheat and Al I-Hate-Em-Davis are all in the same car?

I say you take the woman to a car lot and buy her a big rig so she doesn't miss one of em'...lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X