My tentative draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My tentative draft

Ok, this isn't set in concrete yet, but I wanted to post for comments. There are some alternative picks too.

1.) RB Rashard Mendenhall I know I know, we've restructured Henry's contract, but I'm hoping it was a smoke-screen for other teams. I'm also hoping we trade down with Detroit and pick up Rogers and a 4th.

2.) WR Earl Bennett Most of you know about him & Cutler so this could be great. This is if we get rid of Javon, if we don't we should get Eddie Royal. WR is my first choice here but I wouldn't mind going LB too.

4a.) DT Ahtyba Rubin This guy is BIG! He could be a great run-stuffer. Marcus Harrison would be nice if he falls because of off-field issues.

4b.) OT Duane Brown OT isn't a pressing enough need compared to others to go before this so we get Brown for depth.

5.) LB Jordan Dizon I like this guy a lot. I think he would be a nice WILL whenever Gold leaves.

6.) S Jamie Silva Now some people will go WHO??, others NOOOOO!!! the guy is short and slow, and some will be going YES!! This guy is great in pass-coverage believe-it-or-not, it's like reads a QB's mind.

7.) Best Punter or Full Back available If one of the FBs falls this far we should get him but that's highly unlikely. We could use a good Punter and there will be a couple good ones available

I didn't do FA since every day there are players released and new ideas come up. Hope you all like it and let me know of any comments you have.
    Last edited by Bowie Man; 02-27-2008, 06:42 AM.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

I like the mock I think you have some solid players in it so I cant say much more then that.
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Great but you didnt address our needs until round 4 :brick:

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
        Ok, this isn't set in concrete yet, but I wanted to post for comments. There are some alternative picks too.

1.) RB Rashard Mendenhall I know I know, we've restructured Henry's contract, but I'm hoping it was a smoke-screen for other teams. I'm also hoping we trade down with Detroit and pick up Rogers and a 4th.
        Travis Henry led the leuage in rushing until the wheels fell of him about the drug thing and the injuries. him and Selvin will be a great combo next year. So spending a first round pick on a luxury is crud When LT is a huge ? question mark and our Run Defense was the laughing stock of the leuage. As un-sexy as it sounds look for Denver to draft LT here.
        2.) WR Earl Bennett Most of you know about him & Cutler so this could be great. This is if we get rid of Javon, if we don't we should get Eddie Royal. WR is my first choice here but I wouldn't mind going LB too.

Wide Reciever is a need but again we have a Very good number one who is young. what we need is a Burner in a #2 i think we should be able to pick up a decent @2 in FA or Draft.
        4a.) DT Ahtyba Rubin This guy is BIG! He could be a great run-stuffer. Marcus Harrison would be nice if he falls because of off-field issues.
        i dig the pick we need TWO DT not just one and i think he could play the NT role in our scheme. although i prefer Okam
        4b.) OT Duane Brown OT isn't a pressing enough need compared to others to go before this so we get Brown for depth.
        How do you figure OT is not a pressing need. Cutler would have been killed last year with out grahm thats a fact. and the possible replacement has me concerned. First with his religous beliefs he fasts for one month during the season not being able to eat or DRINK during the daytime. until he can show me he can do it at a high rate then i am gonna consider this a big time problem.also it is said his weight fluctutes big time and at one point i heard him being around 278 lbs.

With alot of teams switching to the ZBS houston, Oakland, Carolina, Green bay look for him to be considered in the third round just a hunch.
        5.) LB Jordan Dizon I like this guy a lot. I think he would be a nice WILL whenever Gold leaves.
        i like dizon but he is Ian Gold with out the Speed. has a great nose for the ball but gets engulfed. might not be a starter in the leauge
        6.) S Jamie Silva Now some people will go WHO??, others NOOOOO!!! the guy is short and slow, and some will be going YES!! This guy is great in pass-coverage believe-it-or-not, it's like reads a QB's mind.
        i am okay with him at this point although i want zibcowski from ND he had a down year but so did the whole team. look for him to be a back up for one or two years but the guy is a special teams maven in the making.
        7.) Best Punter or Full Back available If one of the FBs falls this far we should get him but that's highly unlikely. We could use a good Punter and there will be a couple good ones available

I didn't do FA since every day there are players released and new ideas come up. Hope you all like it and let me know of any comments you have.
        i am ok with the middle part of your draft but the top end to ME is off.
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
          I'm hoping we can fix some needs in FA; I also did say I wouldn't mind LB in the 2nd. The trouble is, there isn't a lot of Defensive talent for us in the 1st that would fix our problems (Kenny Philips is good, but safety isn't a big enough need in the 1st since we still have Lynch; if he retires that's different)
          sigpic
          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

pi hear that... i still cant beleive people want mendenhall after henry restructured. silly rabbits

Comment

I'm hoping we can fix some needs in FA; I also did say I wouldn't mind LB in the 2nd. The trouble is, there isn't a lot of Defensive talent for us in the 1st that would fix our problems (Kenny Philips is good, but safety isn't a big enough need in the 1st since we still have Lynch; if he retires that's different)
              as much as i like lynch he is a HUGE liablity in the pass defense arnea. and actually looked a little worn down last year againt the run...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                i am ok with the middle part of your draft but the top end to ME is off.
                Refer to my above post for not addressing needs

As for Mendenhall, I like Travis Henry I admit it, but like you said he does good until he gets injured and he got injured a lot. Concerning OT, Shanahan himself said he likes Pears and Harris and he should know.
                Last edited by Bowie Man; 02-27-2008, 07:11 AM.
                sigpic
                Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Refer to the above post for not addressing needs

As for Mendenhall, I like Travis Henry I admit it, but like you said he does good until he gets injured and he got injured a lot. Concerning OT, Shanahan himself said he likes Pears and Harris and he should know.
                  Yeah shanny also liked george foster... and drafted maruice clarrett. i could go on but.i think Foster was questionable because first off he was not projected as a first rounder and second he came off a major injury the year before much like middle brooks. and well MoCo speaks for itself

as far as FA. Pat Bowlen who we all know said that he would spend more time and resources on Draft picks instead of free agency. dont look for much in FA other then back ups and gap fillers
                  Last edited by Broncosinindy; 02-27-2008, 07:14 AM.

Comment

as much as i like lynch he is a HUGE liablity in the pass defense arnea. and actually looked a little worn down last year againt the run...
                    Silva is actually pretty good in pass-coverage.
                    sigpic
                    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

pi hear that... i still cant beleive people want mendenhall after henry restructured. silly rabbits
                      Okay, but that only means that Henry will cost less to keep around for awhile. He's not very realiable to keep around for a long period. He'll either get nicked up, fail a drug test, go to family court for 1 of his 9 kids, trouble with the law, or some other stupid thing.

Draft is quite well actually, Mendenhall and Bennent will make our Offense more explosive. 2nd day is very nice as well as it gives both depth and postions of need.

Comment

Im just saying... a young RB is exciting and all... but we gave up over 400 points last year and were ranked 28th in defense. We need a safety, linebacker (unless you believe in Winbourn.. I dont) and TWO or THREE defensive tackles, just to compete!

Comment

Yeah shanny also liked george foster... and drafted maruice clarrett. i could go on but.i think Foster was questionable because first off he was not projected as a first rounder and second he came off a major injury the year before much like middle brooks. and well MoCo speaks for itself

as far as FA. Pat Bowlen who we all know said that he would spend more time and resources on Draft picks instead of free agency. dont look for much in FA other then back ups and gap fillers
                          Shanny doesn't just like busts, if he likes a guy it is because he has potential. Foster had it but he didn't try to get better, same with Clarrett but he had problems with off-field issues. I know what Bowlen said, but that doesn't mean he won't get any good players. You just need the right balance between FA and the draft.
                          sigpic
                          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Im just saying... a young RB is exciting and all... but we gave up over 400 points last year and were ranked 28th in defense. We need a safety, linebacker (unless you believe in Winbourn.. I dont) and TWO or THREE defensive tackles, just to compete!
                            I understand, but do you see someone in the 1st that can fix our defensive problems?
                            sigpic
                            Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Just thinking here, for the guys that think the Henry/Young combo is good, think of what the Mendenhall/Henry/Young combo could do. No matter what Defenses do, they have a fresh RB who can get yards in chunks.
                              sigpic
                              Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Working...
                              X