Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunn / Broncos Interested in Warrick Dunn? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    Thank You!!!!!!

I'd take Warrick Dunn over Travis Henry is a heart beat......He's pure class and is more reliable than Henry. But Denver is stuck with Henry for another season.

If Denver does not get serious about a Real RB in the draft, I wouldn't mind a bit if Denver decided to bring Dunn in to take Hall's roster spot (Although that makes them incredibly small at the position). That's just my opinion.

Having said that, Denver will probably pass on Dunn......
    Thank you, sir!! Finally a voice of reason. I agree with you that Dunn probably wont be here per my original reply but playing devil's advocate I believe he would be huge here. He would be the 1,200-1,500 yard back we thought Henry would be!

Comment

Dunn would be nothing but huge waste of money and people need realize that. He would do no better than any back we have right now. If Shanny is not willing to spend money to shore up our defense what makes anyone in their right mind think he will shell out money for one of our least concerns? Atlanta brought in Turner for a reason people, Dunn is on the downward spiral.
      Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
        You keep saying that but you also keep posting an opinion or argument! Is it because you can't defend your position as easily as you thought and therefore you are "not even going to argue this one!"
        Denver has money tied up with Henry.. whether we like it or not. Even with his restructured contract, it's money tied up with a player who hasn't lived up to his free agency hype that we thought he'd bring.

Selvin Young got beat up in most games, true. But remember it was his first year, and he was adapting to the NFL game, which is far different then the college game.

Andre Hall hasn't played enough for anyone to give an opinion on him. With that said, I doubt Denver is going to bring anyone in to hurt is progression by taking playing time away from him.

Mike Bell... Okay, he might be "trash", but he is still on the team.

Now lets look at Warrick Dunn.

The Falcons released him because they WANTED to turn into a POWER running team. That is the exact same type of running style that Shanahan wants here.

With all the HOLES that we have on our team, the least position to think about is running back.

Comment

Thank you, sir!! Finally a voice of reason. I agree with you that Dunn probably wont be here per my original reply but playing devil's advocate I believe he would be huge here. He would be the 1,200-1,500 yard back we thought Henry would be!
          I am not a Henry fan by any stretch of the imagination but he is better than Dunn. Henry was leading the league in rushing and well on his way to a 1500 yard season until he got injured. Injuries happen to everyone even the almighty Warrick Dunn.

On a side not I would not mind Mendenhall or McFadden (not gonna happen) in the first but I still think we have other areas of need that are more important than RB.

Comment

He would be the 1,200-1,500 yard back we thought Henry would be!
            You're damn right he would!

And, regardless of what some would like to believe, Denver is NOT "......basically stacked at the RB position"......

Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
            Dunn would be nothing but huge waste of money and people need realize that.

No! You're thinking of Travis Henry......

Comment

Dunn would be nothing but huge waste of money and people need realize that. He would do no better than any back we have right now. If Shanny is not willing to spend money to shore up our defense what makes anyone in their right mind think he will shell out money for one of our least concerns? Atlanta brought in Turner for a reason people, Dunn is on the downward spiral.
              I disagree with 100% of your post! Here it is quote for quote:

If Shanny is not willing to spend money to shore up our defense what makes anyone in their right mind think he will shell out money for one of our least concerns?
              Shanny is shoring up the D. Kuotovides is the first in a number of moves. He probably wont go out and sign big money players though. We have limited cap space!!

Besides, our O line is a Concern. Dunn could help alleviate that with quick hitch passes out of the back field!

Atlanta brought in Turner for a reason people, Dunn is on the downward spiral.
              Atlanta needed to bring in a bigg name FA for a lot of reasons! They need to sell tickets, they need to rebuild the franchise, they need all the help they can to look attractive to other FA's right now with the turmoil they have had.

If Dunn's 1,400 yards two seasons ago is a downward spiral, I will take that over Henry's inability to not be a distraction and play all of 8 games a year!

Comment

We have limited cap space!!
                What you said right here is another reason we won't go out and sign Dunn.

With three running backs who will more then likely get playing time next season, there is no other reason to waste money on a fourth running back, when we have other larger holes to fill.

Comment

Atlanta needed to bring in a bigg name FA for a lot of reasons! They need to sell tickets, they need to rebuild the franchise, they need all the help they can to look attractive to other FA's right now with the turmoil they have had.

If Dunn's 1,400 yards two seasons ago is a downward spiral, I will take that over Henry's inability to not be a distraction and play all of 8 games a year!
                  Another damn fine post.

Dun was released by the Falcons because he asked to be released......

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                    Denver has money tied up with Henry.. whether we like it or not. Even with his restructured contract, it's money tied up with a player who hasn't lived up to his free agency hype that we thought he'd bring.

Selvin Young got beat up in most games, true. But remember it was his first year, and he was adapting to the NFL game, which is far different then the college game.

Andre Hall hasn't played enough for anyone to give an opinion on him. With that said, I doubt Denver is going to bring anyone in to hurt is progression by taking playing time away from him.

Mike Bell... Okay, he might be "trash", but he is still on the team.

Now lets look at Warrick Dunn.

The Falcons released him because they WANTED to turn into a POWER running team. That is the exact same type of running style that Shanahan wants here.

With all the HOLES that we have on our team, the least position to think about is running back.
                    You say you are done instead of saying you had no reply to my argument.

Listen, I have said he wont end up here but I have no problem entertaining the idea!

I agree with 100% of what you said except the POWER RUNNING statement.

When and where did Shanny say that? Link? Anything? Dunn would do more to alleviate some of our O-Line's many issues!

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                      You're damn right he would!

And, regardless of what some would like to believe, Denver is NOT "......basically stacked at the RB position"......

No! You're thinking of Travis Henry......
                      No I'm pretty sure I am thinking of Dunn. I also don't think Henry is worth the money we are paying him but he runs with more power and that is what we need. We have Young for our change of pace scat back. You all need to understand that this will be Dunn's last contract and he is wanting to get paid and I'm sure someone will overpay him as that has been the trend this FA. I like Dunn as much as I like Henry which is not very much but we really don't have a choice now do we.

Comment

I am not a Henry fan by any stretch of the imagination but he is better than Dunn. Henry was leading the league in rushing and well on his way to a 1500 yard season until he got injured. Injuries happen to everyone even the almighty Warrick Dunn.

On a side not I would not mind Mendenhall or McFadden (not gonna happen) in the first but I still think we have other areas of need that are more important than RB.
                        One minute we are stacked and fine at RB but you would draft one who would command ten times that of Dunn.

Dunn has missed 10 games his WHOLE CAREER!!!! Henry missed that almost last year alone!

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          What you said right here is another reason we won't go out and sign Dunn.

With three running backs who will more then likely get playing time next season, there is no other reason to waste money on a fourth running back, when we have other larger holes to fill.
                          Per my original post "sign him only if it is a cap friendly 1-2 year deal!

Comment

......but we really don't have a choice now do we.

Never said we did, I'm just saying Dunn is a better option than Henry......

Comment

I agree with 100% of what you said except the POWER RUNNING statement.

When and where did Shanny say that? Link? Anything? Dunn would do more to alleviate some of our O-Line's many issues!
                              The reason Shanahan signed Travis in the FIRST place was because he wanted a power work house for the run game, which has been lacking the past three years. He wanted Travis to be the 20-25 carry workhouse!

And what in the world would have Dunn done last year with the beat up Oline? You think he would have been much better then either Young or Henry? Ha, I laugh if you believe that.

The Broncos had hoped Henry could be their first workhorse running back since Clinton Portis in 2003, and he got off to a fantastic start, rushing for a league-high 433 yards and one touchdown over the first month. He also caught five passes for 52 yards.
                              http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Comment

No I'm pretty sure I am thinking of Dunn. I also don't think Henry is worth the money we are paying him but he runs with more power and that is what we need. We have Young for our change of pace scat back. You all need to understand that this will be Dunn's last contract and he is wanting to get paid and I'm sure someone will overpay him as that has been the trend this FA. I like Dunn as much as I like Henry which is not very much but we really don't have a choice now do we.
                                I have only seen him run with power to the infirmary! What makes you think this is Dunn's last contract? He has taken few hits, Curtis Martin ran for a long time, Emmit is a similarly built back he ran until he was 53 or something, fred Taylor is going strong! Truth be told (look this up if you want) the smaller backs last longer!

Dunn has not been about the $$$ much. He went to Atlanta because he thought they would win there. He is one of the few RB's in the league that goes on class 1st then $$!

Comment

Working...
                                X