Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunn / Broncos Interested in Warrick Dunn? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
    LOL PWND!!

Dunn makes sense, but is not the answer to our RB woes. He's not as young as he used to be, but he's a class act. A guy you would want around your team because he's not selfish and doesn't get into trouble. He would be a great influence on Selvin Young and any young back we might get.
    Thanks for re-stating a lot of what I already stated By the way PWND???

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
      Look at the season and the o line when Dunn ran that 1,400. You wouldnt dispute me on it at all! If Young and Hall aren't work horses and Henry can't stay healthy, how are we "stacked" and "fine" at the RB position as so many have stated?
      You keep brining that 1 season up of 1,400 yards! With the so called (Same type of beat up and crappy offensive line that Denver had last year)

The next year his numbers dropped as his carries went up. The same thing with his average. From 5.1 to 4.0

Last year that average even slipped more to 3.2 yards, ALL why SHARING carries with Norwood!

Now does that look good for a 33 year old?

Let me remind you that Travis ran for 1.200 yards behind an average Titans offensive line while only playing in 14 games!

Let me remind you that Travis was leading the NFL in rushing yards last season before he got hurt!

I don't know if Dunn built you a house or what, but the TRUTH of the matter is that we don't need to sign a free agent 33 year old back... and we won't.

Comment

Look, you keep saying he would be overpaid! Read my 1st post I stated he would be great if he signed a cap friendly 1-2 year deal! There is no way of knowing if he would be over paid.

You can state that Henry was leading in rushing before getting injured. Big deal! He has led the league plenty before getting hurt. HE ALWAYS GETS HURT THOUGH! That is like saying we were winning the super bowl before we lost it. The bottom line is what matters. Henry has only gone 1 season without injury and Dunn has only missed 10 games his WHOLE CAREER!

As far as him not bringing anything Henry doesnt already: he brings stability, knowledge of the system, class, and YARDS!
        Well if the majority of us are in agreement that we are in a rebuilding period what sense would it make to sign an aged RB? We should go with youth and get them the experience to develop so that in a few years we can make a hard push towards a championship.
        Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
          Isn't breaking tackles and falling forward compliments of a power back Dunn can break peoples ankles with his moves but he won't run over anyone like Shanny wants. Dunn to me is a smaller version of Tatum Bell.
          Henry is not a POWER RUNNING BACK nor was TD. The attributes I stated are part of a power back but certainly not everything! We do not have a power system as someone stated we were moving to.

You want a power back? Bettis! Alstott! Roger Craig! There is a power back! Henry is a back that has some of those qualties but is not a power back. Jamal Lewis is the closest to a power back in the league right now!

Comment

I think that dunn could be used as a kr or pr and could help henry and our running game, he may be past his prime but he still is a good runner

Comment

Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
              Well if the majority of us are in agreement that we are in a rebuilding period what sense would it make to sign an aged RB? We should go with youth and get them the experience to develop so that in a few years we can make a hard push towards a championship.
              Then read my original few posts! He would be the best person to groom that new back! I qualified all of this up front!

Comment

Henry is not a POWER RUNNING BACK nor was TD.
                Davis wasn't a power back?

Okay I have to get out of this thread.

I'll give you some numbers...

The amount of carries that Davis had in his amazing span of ownage throughout the NFL.

Not a power back? Get outta here...

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                  You keep brining that 1 season up of 1,400 yards! With the so called (Same type of beat up and crappy offensive line that Denver had last year)

The next year his numbers dropped as his carries went up. The same thing with his average. From 5.1 to 4.0
                  Because ATL hired Petrino who went away from the zone system! Not to mention ATL had a ton of other distractions named MIKE VICK!

Last year that average even slipped more to 3.2 yards, ALL why SHARING carries with Norwood!
                  Because ATL hired Petrino who went away from the zone system! Not to mention ATL had a ton of other distractions named MIKE VICK!

Now does that look good for a 33 year old?

Let me remind you that Travis ran for 1.200 yards behind an average Titans offensive line while only playing in 14 games!
                  Good point! One season only though and a CONTRACT YEAR NO LESS. Henry still has proven he cant stay healthy in the long run!

Let me remind you that Travis was leading the NFL in rushing yards last season before he got hurt!
                  SO WHAT!!!! I keep replying to this! That is a pointless stat because once again he STILL GOT HURT LIKE ALWAYS!!!!!

I don't know if Dunn built you a house or what, but the TRUTH of the matter is that we don't need to sign a free agent 33 year old back... and we won't.
                  He didn't build me a house but I had to reply to those throwing out terrible posts about the guy not even providing any facts! I made it clear I was only highlighting HOW DUNN WOULD BE DIFFERENT HERE FROM HENRY AND ALL THE EXTRA POSITIVES HE WOULD BRING!

I said he probably wont end up here but if he did I would be happy if he didnt I wouldnt be disappointed!!

Comment

Why do people keep saying this?

Originally posted by miguel_fdz92 View Post
                    I think that dunn could be used as a kr or pr and could help henry and our running game, he may be past his prime but he still is a good runner
                    Dunn has returned 20 combined kicks and punts in his NFL career....... 20

He hasn't returned anything since 19 frieking 99 !

-And he wasn't particularly good at it when he did do it.

IF Denver brings Dunn in, it definitely will NOT be for his returning skills!

Comment

The amount of carries that Davis had in his amazing span of ownage throughout the NFL.

Great numbers but he was still a zone runner! He still was one cut and go. He was not a bang it between the tackles, smash em in the face every single run play back!

His most effective and used play was the 30 sweep ! Clearly you use a different definition for a power back than what is out there.

Comment

Larry Johnson has carried more in a season, P Holmes carried it a ton, Curtis Martin carried it that many times. Are they power backs?

Comment

Originally posted by pipes View Post
                          Dunn has returned 20 combined kicks and punts in his NFL career....... 20

He hasn't returned anything since 19 frieking 99 !

-And he wasn't particularly good at it when he did do it.

IF Denver brings Dunn in, it definitely will NOT be for his returning skills!
                          Agreed! But even if he did he would be an upgrade to Martinez! I think Hall should be the return man!

Comment

Larry Johnson has carried more in a season, P Holmes carried it a ton, Curtis Martin carried it that many times. Are they power backs?
                            If LJ isn't a power back, then who is?

(PH and CM.......i don't think so.)

Comment

Great numbers but he was still a zone runner! He still was one cut and go. He was not a bang it between the tackles, smash em in the face every single run play back!

His most effective and used play was the 30 sweep ! Clearly you use a different definition for a power back than what is out there.
                              So if you would ask a coach: How would you define Terrell Davis as a runner... they would say, "Well, he's a zone runner???"

If you hate the term power back with Davis, then we'll call him a work horse.. something that Dunn is not.

Comment

Originally posted by elwayfan805 View Post
                                just said it on espnews....... not sure why we would be intrested
                                NO THANK YOU
                                [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X