Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunn / Broncos Interested in Warrick Dunn? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Then read my original few posts! He would be the best person to groom that new back! I qualified all of this up front!
    We have plenty of qualified leaders on this team already that can do this without us bringing in Dunn. Besides the only RB with character issues is Henry and I don't think Dunn can do anything with him. You don't need leadership at the same position in order to groom the younger guys. I just think we have more glaring needs we need to address before we bring in a 33 year old halfback. That is all I have to say on this topic. On to the next topic of conversation whatever it might be
    Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

Agreed! But even if he did he would be an upgrade to Martinez! I think Hall should be the return man!
      I really like Hall as the returner as well.

He reminds me of Vaughn Hebron, who IMO, was a very underrated player on the SB team.

He (Hall) seems to be really fast and runs the returns hard into the holes, doesn't wait for tiny holes to open up-and usually ends up closing up.....like Martinez does.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
        So if you would ask a coach: How would you define Terrell Davis as a runner... they would say, "Well, he's a zone runner???"

If you hate the term power back with Davis, then we'll call him a work horse.. something that Dunn is not.
        I can handle workhorse! If you listen to espn or nfln they even call him a zone runner with TD right there!!!!

A power back for whomever asked it would be Jamal Lewis, Jerome Bettis, Roger Craig, Hersh Walker, BO JACKSON.

Larry Johnson is close to a power back but more just strong. Even then he complained about the carries he was getting too many and wanted more outside running plays. A power back never cries about pounding it up the middle!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pipes View Post
          I really like Hall as the returner as well.

He reminds me of Vaughn Hebron, who IMO, was a very underrated player on the SB team.

He (Hall) seems to be really fast and runs the returns hard into the holes, doesn't wait for tiny holes to open up-and usually ends up closing up.....like Martinez does.
          Glen Millburn too!

Comment

I can handle workhorse! If you listen to espn or nfln they even call him a zone runner with TD right there!!!!

A power back for whomever asked it would be Jamal Lewis, Jerome Bettis, Roger Craig, Hersh Walker, BO JACKSON.

Larry Johnson is close to a power back but more just strong. Even then he complained about the carries he was getting too many and wanted more outside running plays. A power back never cries about pounding it up the middle!!!
            TD never interrupts them to say he was a power back!

Comment

Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
              We have plenty of qualified leaders on this team already that can do this without us bringing in Dunn. Besides the only RB with character issues is Henry and I don't think Dunn can do anything with him. You don't need leadership at the same position in order to groom the younger guys. I just think we have more glaring needs we need to address before we bring in a 33 year old halfback. That is all I have to say on this topic. On to the next topic of conversation whatever it might be
              Fine. But before you go, who are our "plenty of leaders??" All we heard all year is our only leader was Rod and it is hard to lead from the tub!

Comment

Not discrediting him just stating facts as compared to other "elite" backs in the league. You guys make it seem like he's the second coming of Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders. He is out of his prime and for what he will bring to a team he will be overpaid just like Tommy Kelly. I do agree with you he is a good person with high character but being a good person doesn't make you produce on the football field. The whole point of my argument is that Dunn will not bring anything new to us that we don't already have IMO. Just remember we had the leagues leading rusher last year until an injury and even Henry is not all that great.
                Relax nobody is making it seem like he's the second coming of anything. You got carried away with that statement. Where is the drop off if he so over his prime? he can be a factor if utilized properly. when have you ever known Shanny not to bring more than enough running backs to camp?

Like I said for whatever reason you have something against him but lets not put him in the old folks home just yet.
                he does produce on the field and he's been on bad offensive teams.
                A good player who would bring a good character to the locker room not like Javon or some of the other FA denver has signed.
                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Fine. But before you go, who are our "plenty of leaders??" All we heard all year is our only leader was Rod and it is hard to lead from the tub!
                  Rod Smith, John Lynch, Champ Bailey

We can probably take Smith off that list though as you mentioned.

Comment

Rod Smith, John Lynch, Champ Bailey

We can probably take Smith off that list though as you mentioned.
                    1 is on the retired list and the other two are on D! Nice! Johny Lynch and Champ will be leaders for the O on the sideline.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                      One of the biggest, if not the biggest problem on the Broncos last year was the lack of leadership.

Right off they cut Al Wilson......and cut the heart out of the defense. PERIOD.

Did you see how the defense looked last year when Lynch wasn't in there?
                      -Everybody looked absolutely frieking lost! How many 12 men on the field penalties or timeouts were called due to only 9 or 10 men on the field because Lynch was on the sidelines not directing everybody where to go?

No Al Wilson, Rod Smith, Keith Burns, Jason Elam?......almost lost Lynch, Bailey's more of a quiet lead-by-example kind of guy....who is gonna be the vocal leaders for this team other than Lynch?????

That's why I actually like the signing of the LB they just got from Seattle, who was their ST's captain.

This team is in a serious need of a heart transplant.......errr.......it needs one!

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
                        Relax nobody is making it seem like he's the second coming of anything. You got carried away with that statement. Where is the drop off if he so over his prime? he can be a factor if utilized properly. when have you ever known Shanny not to bring more than enough running backs to camp?

Like I said for whatever reason you have something against him but lets not put him in the old folks home just yet.
                        A good player who would bring a good character to the locker room not like Javon or some of the other FA denver has signed.
                        Great point! I dont see how competition at a position can hurt this team!

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post

I have nothing against Dunn and rather like the guy personally. All I am saying is I don't think he brings anything to the table that we don't already have and it is money we could spend elsewhere. His yards per carry in a very similar system over the past 3 years went from 5.1 to 4.0 to 3.2.

Again I think he is a stand-up guy and he used to be a good back but we would be wise to spend our money elsewhere IMO.

Comment

1 is on the retired list and the other two are on D! Nice! Johny Lynch and Champ will be leaders for the O on the sideline.
                            I'm not talking about leadership on the sidelines because in teh heat of the moment nobody listens to anyone down there anyway. I am talking about leadership 24/7 365. Leadership that teaches these young guys how to conduct themselves as professionals on and off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
                              I'm not talking about leadership on the sidelines because in teh heat of the moment nobody listens to anyone down there anyway. I am talking about leadership 24/7 365. Leadership that teaches these young guys how to conduct themselves as professionals on and off the field.
                              Like 9 kids with 9 baby's mammas, or 4 game and 1 yr suspensions for substance abuse violations! I got it! Henry brings a lot more to the table.

B Marsh had his issue this off season. Hall has been arrested this year, no Thomas too. Kircus nuff said. Graham is even having brushes with the law!

BKLYBRONCO said it best: this team needs a major heart transplant! Period.

By the way, I wasn't talking about sideline leadership. You mentioned we have plenty of leaders and I asked who. The names you gave were for D. We have 0 on O.

Comment

Like 9 kids with 9 baby's mammas, or 4 game and 1 yr suspensions for substance abuse violations! I got it! Henry brings a lot more to the table.

B Marsh had his issue this off season. Hall has been arrested this year, no Thomas too. Kircus nuff said. Graham is even having brushes with the law!

BKLYBRONCO said it best: this team needs a major heart transplant! Period.

By the way, I wasn't talking about sideline leadership. You mentioned we have plenty of leaders and I asked who. The names you gave were for D. We have 0 on O.
                                I totally agree with you on Henry which is why I stated earlier I wish we hadn't kept him. I wish we could find a way to resurrect our running game with high character individuals without bringing in senior citizens (RB age)

Let me add that had we not kept Henry I would not be opposed to bringing in Dunn.

Comment

Working...
                                X