Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunn / Broncos Interested in Warrick Dunn? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheMastermind
    replied
    Denver is a young team.....

having more experienced players (aka Vets) is VERY helpful to a team.....every team that wins a super bowl has a couple vets on their team.....

simply for that reason I woulnd't mind having Dunn on Denver's team.....

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    F*CK NO!!!

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    Why are we wasting time on Garrison Hearst.....err Warrick Dunn....oh wait, same thing....awesome runner 8 years before and now they're looking for a last ditched team instead of retiring
    Yea because Garrison was a top 4 active rusher in the league when he had a chance to come here and Garrison also ran for more than 10,000 yards.

:sighs and sarcasm everywhere:

*try having knowledge and stats about a player if you are going to assasinate his character*

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Why are we wasting time on Garrison Hearst.....err Warrick Dunn....oh wait, same thing....awesome runner 8 years before and now they're looking for a last ditched team instead of retiring

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by haywire4broncos View Post
    redundant thread
    There is about 8 pages on this very topic. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• haywire4broncos
    replied
    redundant thread

Leave a comment:

• cutler2o8
    replied
    warick dunn

warick dunn an all time rusher in the broncos uniform in september but that is if we sign him we have to because travis gets injured to much and he still not passing his physical.................Thoughts................. ...
    Last edited by cutler2o8; 03-03-2008, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Fair enough

We had a pretty good stable of RB's when we managed to bring G Hearst to town. Dunn is leap years ahead of Hearst at this point in his career. There are plenty of yards left on those legs.

Like I originally stated: Dunn will end up in Houston. He wont have a problem unseating Green and will be there for a couple of years. Then he will be there to groom this year's pick. Not to mention they are more likely to win more games.
    Dont get me wrong on Henry. I was pumped on Henry. I bought the propaganda machine that is Dove Valley's kool aid and drank it up! I really thought Henry was going to be the poo.

Now I just want him to prove he can go a year without injury again.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
    I totally agree with you on Henry which is why I stated earlier I wish we hadn't kept him. I wish we could find a way to resurrect our running game with high character individuals without bringing in senior citizens (RB age)

Let me add that had we not kept Henry I would not be opposed to bringing in Dunn.
    Fair enough

We had a pretty good stable of RB's when we managed to bring G Hearst to town. Dunn is leap years ahead of Hearst at this point in his career. There are plenty of yards left on those legs.

Like I originally stated: Dunn will end up in Houston. He wont have a problem unseating Green and will be there for a couple of years. Then he will be there to groom this year's pick. Not to mention they are more likely to win more games.

Leave a comment:

• cvnorton
    replied
    Like 9 kids with 9 baby's mammas, or 4 game and 1 yr suspensions for substance abuse violations! I got it! Henry brings a lot more to the table.

B Marsh had his issue this off season. Hall has been arrested this year, no Thomas too. Kircus nuff said. Graham is even having brushes with the law!

BKLYBRONCO said it best: this team needs a major heart transplant! Period.

By the way, I wasn't talking about sideline leadership. You mentioned we have plenty of leaders and I asked who. The names you gave were for D. We have 0 on O.
    I totally agree with you on Henry which is why I stated earlier I wish we hadn't kept him. I wish we could find a way to resurrect our running game with high character individuals without bringing in senior citizens (RB age)

Let me add that had we not kept Henry I would not be opposed to bringing in Dunn.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
    I'm not talking about leadership on the sidelines because in teh heat of the moment nobody listens to anyone down there anyway. I am talking about leadership 24/7 365. Leadership that teaches these young guys how to conduct themselves as professionals on and off the field.
    Like 9 kids with 9 baby's mammas, or 4 game and 1 yr suspensions for substance abuse violations! I got it! Henry brings a lot more to the table.

B Marsh had his issue this off season. Hall has been arrested this year, no Thomas too. Kircus nuff said. Graham is even having brushes with the law!

BKLYBRONCO said it best: this team needs a major heart transplant! Period.

By the way, I wasn't talking about sideline leadership. You mentioned we have plenty of leaders and I asked who. The names you gave were for D. We have 0 on O.

Leave a comment:

• cvnorton
    replied
    1 is on the retired list and the other two are on D! Nice! Johny Lynch and Champ will be leaders for the O on the sideline.
    I'm not talking about leadership on the sidelines because in teh heat of the moment nobody listens to anyone down there anyway. I am talking about leadership 24/7 365. Leadership that teaches these young guys how to conduct themselves as professionals on and off the field.

Leave a comment:

• cvnorton
    replied
    Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
    Relax nobody is making it seem like he's the second coming of anything. You got carried away with that statement. Where is the drop off if he so over his prime? he can be a factor if utilized properly. when have you ever known Shanny not to bring more than enough running backs to camp?

Like I said for whatever reason you have something against him but lets not put him in the old folks home just yet.
    he does produce on the field and he's been on bad offensive teams.
    A good player who would bring a good character to the locker room not like Javon or some of the other FA denver has signed.
    I have nothing against Dunn and rather like the guy personally. All I am saying is I don't think he brings anything to the table that we don't already have and it is money we could spend elsewhere. His yards per carry in a very similar system over the past 3 years went from 5.1 to 4.0 to 3.2.

Again I think he is a stand-up guy and he used to be a good back but we would be wise to spend our money elsewhere IMO.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
    Relax nobody is making it seem like he's the second coming of anything. You got carried away with that statement. Where is the drop off if he so over his prime? he can be a factor if utilized properly. when have you ever known Shanny not to bring more than enough running backs to camp?

Like I said for whatever reason you have something against him but lets not put him in the old folks home just yet.
    he does produce on the field and he's been on bad offensive teams.
    A good player who would bring a good character to the locker room not like Javon or some of the other FA denver has signed.
    Great point! I dont see how competition at a position can hurt this team!

Leave a comment:

• pipes
    replied
    Fine. But before you go, who are our "plenty of leaders??" All we heard all year is our only leader was Rod and it is hard to lead from the tub!
    One of the biggest, if not the biggest problem on the Broncos last year was the lack of leadership.

Right off they cut Al Wilson......and cut the heart out of the defense. PERIOD.

Did you see how the defense looked last year when Lynch wasn't in there?
    -Everybody looked absolutely frieking lost! How many 12 men on the field penalties or timeouts were called due to only 9 or 10 men on the field because Lynch was on the sidelines not directing everybody where to go?

No Al Wilson, Rod Smith, Keith Burns, Jason Elam?......almost lost Lynch, Bailey's more of a quiet lead-by-example kind of guy....who is gonna be the vocal leaders for this team other than Lynch?????

That's why I actually like the signing of the LB they just got from Seattle, who was their ST's captain.

This team is in a serious need of a heart transplant.......errr.......it needs one!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X