It's Been A While... DRAFT TIME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Been A While... DRAFT TIME!

Hello everyone, I am proud to say that I have rejoined the Bronco Country Message Boards after a long hiatus. Like all of you, I have bee consumed by the draft and free-agency and wanted to get some input on who I believe we should draft come April.

Before you read on, I've assumed that we've traded down in round 1 with the Texans, in an attempt to grab a 3rd round pick. I figure Kubs may want to move up to grab Kenny Phillips, nonetheless, that's not my point-- I just want to simulate us moving down. Forgive me for being irresponsibly prospective, but I think it needs to be done.

Well here it goes...

#18) Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

#42) Dajuan Morgan, S, NC State

#79) Tavares Gooden, OLB, Miami

#104) Dre Moore, DT, Maryland

#115) Oniel Cousins, OT, UNLV

#130) Frank Okam, DT, Texas

#140) Tyvon Branch, CB/KR/PR, Conneticut

#202) Shawn Murphy, OG, Utah St

#209) Brandon Coutu, K, Georgia

Let me know, thanks!

I am not big on Limas Sweed, I would actually like the guy from Indiana more or even an Early Doucet.

Dajuan Morgan is a good pick, he has playmaker ability and is solid from an athletic point of view. I know some people rank him ahead of Phillips.

You got my mancrush Gooden in there, he will be a star.

I doubt Moore will last into the 4th, I think he will be a low 2nd round or early to mid 3rd round pick.

I think that is low for Cousins as well, he could be a 3rd round pick.

Okam, he has disappointment written all over his huge behind. I used to be big on him, but the more I learn, the less I like. Unless somebody can light a fire under him, he will be out of the league in 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Showdown View Post
      Hello everyone, I am proud to say that I have rejoined the Bronco Country Message Boards after a long hiatus. Like all of you, I have bee consumed by the draft and free-agency and wanted to get some input on who I believe we should draft come April.

Before you read on, I've assumed that we've traded down in round 1 with the Texans, in an attempt to grab a 3rd round pick. I figure Kubs may want to move up to grab Kenny Phillips, nonetheless, that's not my point-- I just want to simulate us moving down. Forgive me for being irresponsibly prospective, but I think it needs to be done.

Well here it goes...

Let me know, thanks!
      Welcome back............oh and IMO Phillips probably won't go in the first round much less at #12.
      Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

Houston will likely go Mendenall/Stewart.

Comment

I'm OK with #79 to #130. We don't need a CB but we do need a KR/PR so I wouldn't mind Branch. Instead of Morgan I'd rather have Jamie Silva in the 6th and WR Earl Bennett in the 2nd. I also don't want Sweed (or any other WR) in the 1st. I am all for trading down though.
          sigpic
          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

i would really like to see that draft happen. except replace sweede with a offensive tackle.

and what happened to my boy Okam....
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Well here it goes...

#18) Limas Sweed, WR, TexasI would go with Mendenhall here even though I don't agree wee nee a running back BPA.

#42) Dajuan Morgan, S, NC State I personally would prefer DT Sims or DT Laws here

#79) Tavares Gooden, OLB, Miami great choice but I also like Shawn Crable

#104) Dre Moore, DT, Maryland If still available why not. How about Steve Justice C. Nalens replacement if Moore not available

#115) Oniel Cousins, OT, UNLV great pick for depth

#130) Frank Okam, DT, Texas if available and we dont get laws or sims and moore

#140) Tyvon Branch, CB/KR/PR, Conneticuthaven't seen or heard much about him so IDK

#202) Shawn Murphy, OG, Utah St always love depth on the line

#209) Brandon Coutu, K, Georgia Don't know much about him either

Let me know, thanks!
              Overall i'd like the draft with a few changes (personal prefrence)

Comment

No way we take Limus Sweed in Round 1, you Horns fans need to get off the burnt orange glasses and realize he's more like a 2nd round, possibly 3rd round. If Ellis or Dorsey falls then we will draft one of those 2.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                  Houston will likely go Mendenall/Stewart.
                  I don't think Houston takes a rb in 1st. Theres a lot of depth at rb and they have shanahan, kubiak, and gibbs. dont count on a 1st ol either.

Comment

Well here it goes...

Let me know, thanks!

Welcome SD...

As far as your draft, and I am saying this nicely...we will not touch Sweed, seriously I do not think unless we pick up a third round or another second round pick, that we take one until the 4th round. Bennett being pretty much the same thing that is available in Sweed which is great hand, route skill sets would be more on Shanahan's plate because of Cutler. DuJuan Morgan, the coaches already said they are not impressed with this draft class at all, meaning we will not take any safety till later more toward the end of the draft. Dre Moore is a solid second round pick and Gooden is a solid third, not bad picks though, and I love the latter part of the draft! Murphy, Okam, Branch and Coutu, but Branch will likely be gone by then his draft stock has rocketed and Oniel is a good tackle, but he is more set for the right side. Plus you do not have a halfback and I think it is priority for Shanahan to fill that with someone in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                      Welcome SD...

As far as your draft, and I am saying this nicely...we will not touch Sweed, seriously I do not think unless we pick up a third round or another second round pick, that we take one until the 4th round. Bennett being pretty much the same thing that is available in Sweed which is great hand, route skill sets would be more on Shanahan's plate because of Cutler. DuJuan Morgan, the coaches already said they are not impressed with this draft class at all, meaning we will not take any safety till later more toward the end of the draft. Dre Moore is a solid second round pick and Gooden is a solid third, not bad picks though, and I love the latter part of the draft! Murphy, Okam, Branch and Coutu, but Branch will likely be gone by then his draft stock has rocketed and Oniel is a good tackle, but he is more set for the right side. Plus you do not have a halfback and I think it is priority for Shanahan to fill that with someone in the draft.
                      You really think Sweed is going to drop to he third round?

Mayock (has Sweed as the #1 reciever)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsess...o&confirm=true

Kiper (number 4)

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insid...mel&id=3265852

Todd Mcshay (has Sweed going at 14, highest WR in the draft)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=3270327
                      sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

I'd pass out if we took another receiver in the first. Lelie and Nash are too fresh

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
                          You really think Sweed is going to drop to he third round?

Mayock (has Sweed as the #1 reciever)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsess...o&confirm=true

Kiper (number 4)

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insid...mel&id=3265852

Todd Mcshay (has Sweed going at 14, highest WR in the draft)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=3270327
                          No, I think Sweed is likely the best possession receiver in this draft, but why take one in the first when Cutler is basically campaigning his friend Bennett? Better to get an extra pick and take him then waste a first...

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                            Welcome SD...

I'm gathering that a WR in the 1st isn't a good choice because of Shanahan's track record. That's understandable, but I think Jay Cutler deserves two top-teir WR's, and I think Sweed (at 6'4", 220) is a schematical fit for us, seeing that he can block. He can also get down the field, running sub-4.5 in the 40. In no way am I enamored with Sweed however... I would go for Kelly from Oklahoma, or even trade down further for the return threat of Desean Jackson.

I also heard the coaches weren't too thrilled with the safety class, but I think Morgan's athleticism makes him a steal at #42. I think we'd be really impressed with this kid. Runs well, great ball skills, and he's a showtime gamer.

Tavares Gooden and Tyvon Branch will be stars. I'm not so sure either will be available at those picks, but I figure this is an appropriate time to be idealistic. Tyvon is a proven return-threat with blazing speed, and Gooden is an athletic beast, who's only real criticism is being rough around the edges-- I love them both.

As far as our DT situtation goes, I think we'd be wise to take two. The rounds should be relatively high, but mid-round guys would be appropriate too. We need some young bodies in the rotation, and who knows, we may get lucky and find a gem.

Thanks for the input everyone. Keep it coming!

Comment

Working...
                            X