Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If G. Dorsey, J.Long, or S. Ellis are availabe at #12 who should we pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If G. Dorsey, J.Long, or S. Ellis are availabe at #12 who should we pick?

We need a OT however I believe we could find a great 2 year OT in round 2. So it is down to Dorsey or Ellis, in the Slowik system strength /speed combo is ideal so Dorsey would be my pick, however the Broncos will be doing back flips if any of the 3 are available at #12.

Mock Draft after combine, FA, & Compensatory picks:

Keeping our own picks:
    #12 OT Jake Long
    #43 DT Pat Sims
    #91 WR Earl Bennett
    #100 DT Frank Okam
    #131 FS Josh Barrett
    #139 FB Owen Scmitt
    #203 LB Jordan Dizon
    #211 P Mike Dragosavich
    UDFA WR Maurice Purify
    UDFA OG Donald Thomas

With a trade #12 to Dallas for the #22 & #53:
    #22 RB Jonathan Stewart (RB Mendinhall or WR Jackson)
    #43 DT Pat Sims
    #53 OT Godser Cherilios
    #91 WR Earl Bennett
    #100 DT Frank Okam
    #131 FS Josh Barrett
    #139 FB Owen Scmitt
    #203 LB Jordan Dizon
    #211 P Mike Dragosavich
    UDFA WR Maurice Purify
    UDFA OG Donald Thomas

I would really like us to pick Sedrick Ellis. I believe he can be an anchor for a young defensive line that we have and could also command double teams. I am saying Ellis over Dorsey due to the fact that I cannot envision any possibility of him being at the 12.

DT is our most glaring need heading into the draft. I am beginning to understand people that want an OT with our #12, but in such a draft that is so deep at the position, why not wait?

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

I would take Long with no hesitation we need a left tackle and Jake Long is gonna be a good one.

Comment

Take Long but honestly,

neither of those 3 will be there, Dorsey may fall out of the 10 but with his knee issues and other durability concerns he could fall into the 2nd round.

also Mendenhall and Stewart would both be gone by round 20.

So with all 3 gone, I would take Mendenhall and grab a 3rd and pick up Greco or Hills in the late 3rd or 4th.
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain_Mike View Post
          We need a OT however I believe we could find a great 2 year OT in round 2. So it is down to Dorsey or Ellis, in the Slowik system strength /speed combo is ideal so Dorsey would be my pick, however the Broncos will be doing back flips if any of the 3 are available at #12.

Keeping our own picks:
          #12 OT Jake Long
          #43 DT Pat Sims
          #91 WR Earl Bennett
          #100 DT Frank Okam
          #131 FS Josh Barrett
          #139 FB Owen Scmitt
          #203 LB Jordan Dizon
          #211 P Mike Dragosavich
          UDFA WR Maurice Purify
          UDFA OG Donald Thomas

#43 DT Pat Sims
          #53 OT Godser Cherilios
          #91 WR Earl Bennett
          #100 DT Frank Okam
          #131 FS Josh Barrett
          #139 FB Owen Scmitt
          #203 LB Jordan Dizon
          #211 P Mike Dragosavich
          UDFA WR Maurice Purify
          UDFA OG Donald Thomas
          Without hesitation I would take Long. Even though Shanny doesn't want to spend any big money this year in FA on DT it is a viable option every year. However, you don't get the opportunity to take on a franchise LT very often. Ellis and Dorsey are sexier picks but Long would be the best pick in the long run......just ask Cutler
          Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

If Ellis or Long are there at 12, I would see if anyone is willing to sell the farm to move up to grab them. Since it's a player conisdered a top 10 pick, you obiviously make it the value of a top 10 pick. If no buyers, then I draft Long only because it's hard to get a Franchise Tackle. If Dorsey is there, we take him right away since his value has dropped somewhat and will make a bigger impact on our D than Ellis.

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
              If Ellis or Long are there at 12, I would see if anyone is willing to sell the farm to move up to grab them. Since it's a player conisdered a top 10 pick, you obiviously make it the value of a top 10 pick. If no buyers, then I draft Long only because it's hard to get a Franchise Tackle. If Dorsey is there, we take him right away since his value has dropped somewhat and will make a bigger impact on our D than Ellis.
              I would have to disagree that Dorsey for sure will have a bigger impact. We need a DT and Ellis has different style than Dorsey that might be better for us. I'd be extremely happy with either one though.
              sigpic
              Made by Houshmazode

Comment

It will never happen, shouldn't even be discussed. The only 1 of those 3 players that has any snowflakes chance in hell to drop is Glenn Dorsey, due to all the injuries. Even then it is very unlikely he gets by the Bengals or someone leap frogs Denver to nab him.

Comment

Originally posted by Straz1999 View Post
                  I would really like us to pick Sedrick Ellis. I believe he can be an anchor for a young defensive line that we have and could also command double teams. I am saying Ellis over Dorsey due to the fact that I cannot envision any possibility of him being at the 12.

DT is our most glaring need heading into the draft. I am beginning to understand people that want an OT with our #12, but in such a draft that is so deep at the position, why not wait?
                  I totally agree word for word except i don't think we will move up and if we pick at #12 it's OT Ryan Clady IMO because he looks like he will fit our system perfectly right off the bat. It's not a sexy pick but wouldn't it be nice to get a player that will most likely be here and not a concern for the next 12 years or so. Picking him allows us to concentrate on other postitions into the far future. Granted, i'd love to have Ellis if it's even possible or move down if there is strong value/need players.

Comment

Originally posted by sharp_shepherd View Post
                    I totally agree word for word except i don't think we will move up and if we pick at #12 it's OT Ryan Clady IMO because he looks like he will fit our system perfectly right off the bat. It's not a sexy pick but wouldn't it be nice to get a player that will most likely be here and not a concern for the next 12 years or so. Picking him allows us to concentrate on other postitions into the far future. Granted, i'd love to have Ellis if it's even possible or move down if there is strong value/need players.
                    more like Chris Williams. Clady is KC bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                      more like Chris Williams. Clady is KC bound.
                      I'm not so sure KC will pick him. Herm is a defensive coach and not very bright when it comes to drafting offensive players so i think he will pass and go defense. Now logic should tell him to protect his QB by surrounding him with good fast linemen but Herm is smart on defense and wants to knock it out of the park with a sexy offensive pick....Clady isn't sexy and I think he will be there for us at 12.

Comment

I´d Say, If one of Jake Long, Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, Ryan Clady is avaliable take him.

If more than one of those are available, I´d rank them in the order they where written.

Among Runningbacks, I´d take both Stewart and Mendenhall above McFadden, McFadden is not powerful enough to run in the broncos offense
                        Last edited by bjoli198; 03-05-2008, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharp_shepherd View Post
                          I'm not so sure KC will pick him. Herm is a defensive coach and not very bright when it comes to drafting offensive players so i think he will pass and go defense. Now logic should tell him to protect his QB by surrounding him with good fast linemen but Herm is smart on defense and wants to knock it out of the park with a sexy offensive pick....Clady isn't sexy and I think he will be there for us at 12.
                          OTOH, Herm is sticking with Brody Croyle, with the loss of Shields and Kyle Turley always injured KC needs an OT to protect Broyle or its the streets for all of them in '09.

P.S. Chiefs switching to ZBS and their OL is in worse shape than Denver's ever was.

Comment

If Long is there I take him in a second. Then I would trade the rest of this years draft / Next year's entire draft / and Foxworth for in whatever combinations would work to get the two picks after us to take Ellis and Dorsey.

There is no way they will be available. But it is fun to think about. Our OLine and D Line would be set for years....

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain_Mike View Post

Keeping our own picks:
                              #12 OT Jake Long
                              #43 DT Pat Sims
                              #91 WR Earl Bennett
                              #100 DT Frank Okam
                              #131 FS Josh Barrett
                              #139 FB Owen Scmitt
                              #203 LB Jordan Dizon
                              #211 P Mike Dragosavich
                              UDFA WR Maurice Purify
                              UDFA OG Donald Thomas

#43 DT Pat Sims
                              #53 OT Godser Cherilios
                              #91 WR Earl Bennett
                              #100 DT Frank Okam
                              #131 FS Josh Barrett
                              #139 FB Owen Scmitt
                              #203 LB Jordan Dizon
                              #211 P Mike Dragosavich
                              UDFA WR Maurice Purify
                              UDFA OG Donald Thomas
                              That is easy, if one of those are available we pick Santa Claus, he is massive, but agile enough that he can fit through tiny chimneys. He would be the top pass rushing DT in the league, imagin a guy who never ages, we can sign him to a 100 year deal right now, he can fit through tiny cracks, which offensive line can stop him? and he is a fatty so he can hold up against the run.

Just kidding.

Comment

Working...
                              X