Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If G. Dorsey, J.Long, or S. Ellis are availabe at #12 who should we pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not confuse stockpiling 1st round picks and depth...

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
    Funny

there are some positions you dont stockpile.

QB is a position that you dont stock pile.
    P is a position you dont stock pile
    K is a position you dont stock pile.

the D-line, you can easily stockpile talent, a Fresher D line is harder to beat, Also if you have a low turnover and take off your older age players off the team and keep putting in younger players you can have a strong force.

LB you can have depth and it doesnt hurt.

S/CB depth is always a nice change but nothing too overblown

O-line, its always nice to have players that are good to complement your starters.

WR- depth is appreciated epically if your star goes down.

RB- complementary backs and a good backup.

a 1st round pick can easily picked up are DT and DE.

OT can also be a good pick for those teams in the top 10 that filled in needs as a Franchise Tackle can ease into his own without heavy expectations of the team and fans on him.
    Teams will not stockpile high draft picks at the same position year after year and succeed.

Agreed depth is important at every position however using high draft picks on the same position year after year will only make you top heavy and IMO like the Lions at WR a recipe for disaster.

MM

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain_Mike View Post
      Maybe I am misreading into the intent of most of the cynical posts on this thread and practically every other mock or draft wishlist for the Denver Broncos that the same few forum members will insist that the people giving their opinions are "in left field", playing Madden, wishing upon an orange star, etc.....

Support your post by doing a team needs for every team ahead of the Broncos and be GM selecting the player they need most and seeing who is left at #12.

Cynical posts state no way this or that player will be there and you can give a list of 20 players and they could tell you why all 20 will not be there at #12. I am not a math major so does anyone else see a problem with their math or read the cynics posts this way?

MM
      I apologize to those who thought I was calling them cynics I changed my reply to read to "cynical posts" instead

Comment

Teams will not stockpile high draft picks at the same position year after year and succeed.

Agreed depth is important at every position however using high draft picks on the same position year after year will only make you top heavy and IMO like the Lions at WR a recipe for disaster.

MM

So would you take an 27 year old DT knowing you got a chance at a 21 year old DT in the 1st. (if your a top 10 team) or would you pass. the consensus is that you would pick him up because its a rare chance and your hoping soon if not later that rookie will produce for you. Besides that vet DT is either going to hit his prime or is about to start sliding.

Teams in the top 10 either will draft for value regardless of their need or they will shop their pick for lower picks that they can get a bunch of to fill their rosters.
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

If any one of those three are there at # 12, I think you'd better pick Jesus!

Because it will have been a miracle!

Comment

it depends

So would you take an 27 year old DT knowing .Besides that vet DT is either going to hit his prime or is about to start sliding.

Teams in the top 10 either will draft for value regardless of their need or they will shop their pick for lower picks that they can get a bunch of to fill their rosters.
            You are taking a blanket aproach to the draft and I look at it more team specific. If you are the Titans and you have a 26 year old DT (Haynesworth) and a semi dominant D-line no way you take a 21 year old DT top 10.

If you are Atlanta and just signed 26 year old Michael Turner do you take McFadden for depth? No way.

MM
            Last edited by Mountain_Mike; 03-05-2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I can't believe this thread is still going. If woulda shoulda coulda. if y'all came out of that cave or dug yourself out from under that rock, you would realize that only 1 of those guys may get past the 10th pick and that is Glen Dorsey. And if before the combine if you asked any so called expert if Glenn Dorsey was to drop what would be the reason? They all would say due to injury. Glenn Dorsey is a walking talking bust waiting to happen now, due to all the injuries he has suffered. So let the thread die and stop playing what if....

Comment

You are taking a blanket aproach to the draft and I look at it more team specific. If you are the Titans and you have a 26 year old DT (Haynesworth) and a semi dominant D-line no way you take a 21 year old DT top 10.

If you are Atlanta and just signed 26 year old Michael Turner do you take McFadden for depth? No way.

MM

I wouldn't sign McFadden anyway

The guy will hold out and Bust and Atlanta needs a QB that can be the face of the franchise.

The Titans are in no way near to get a top 10 player and it would short change them. The titans are set at Tackle but DE they could use more depth and at the OLB position and Saftey. Yet they also need WR's and depth as well as an RB.
                McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Comment

Dorsey is the only one I can see happening. As for the other two, you might as well ask what you would do if LaDanian Tomlinson or Haynesworth demanded to be traded to the Broncos under threat of holdout.
                  vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

I wouldn't sign McFadden anyway

The guy will hold out and Bust and Atlanta needs a QB that can be the face of the franchise.

The Titans are in no way near to get a top 10 player and it would short change them. The titans are set at Tackle but DE they could use more depth and at the OLB position and Saftey. Yet they also need WR's and depth as well as an RB.
                    Atlanta has a face for their franchise, it just sucks for them he is in prison for killing dogs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                      Atlanta has a face for their franchise, it just sucks for them he is in prison for killing dogs!!!

I would give you a CP but it says i cant until i spread them around.

Comment

Working...
                      X