No announcement yet.

K-Whit's 2008 1st rd. MOCK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeSean Jackson is a very interesting guy. When evaluating him, you have to look at who he compares too.

I hear Steve Smith alot. I don't think that's accurate. That's probably DeSean Jackson in an absolute best case scenario.

I think he projects more as a Wes Welker. Elite slot WR, great return guy. A real pain in the ass to defend.

Now, should we take him at #12 Overall? I say no. Before the Combine, I thought he was an option, but he just came in too small. He was much shorter and lighter then anyone predicted, though he looked steller in the receiving drills. We do know Shanahan loves slot WRs. He's been gushing over Stokley like nuts, so it is *possible* that Shanahan decides to draft Jackson at #12 and groom him behind Stokley. Stokley also has problems staying healthy, so that would give us slot WR depth.

The problem is that you can get a similar player later in the draft. Dexter Jackson is a bigger DeSean Jackson, as is Eddie Royal. They all project as a slot WR/ KR type.

I don't think Jackson is good value at #12 Overall. In the mid-20s, perhaps.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know, maybe we should just draft Chris Williams in the 1st, Earl Bennett in the 2nd and get all of Vandy's O-line the rest of the way out, that way Jay will be happy!
      I think you put waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much into the fact that Jay wants Earl Bennett, Shanahan is NOT going to build a team just from what Jay wants, Jay is a professional, he understands that if the man in charge sees talent that is undeniable that he will make the best decision.
      If you say we have bigger needs than WR you are a fool. Marshall is a stud, but he has only proven himself 1 year, who's to say he doesn't get hurt or fall off the map in 08, Stokley is getting old and cannot stay healthy, Colbert as our number 2.........., then what do we have,,,,,,um,,,,,,Glenn Martinez,,,,,,,,,,,,Taylor Jacobs, come on!!!

I wouldn't mind if we did pick up Bennett in the 3rd round with Jackson, we need all of the depth we can get because honestly 2 of those guys mentioned above do not even belong on most NFL rosters!

As far as the return game goes, your absolutely right, we have been so successful starting drives inside our own 20 all the time, our return game is a f-ing joke and must be addressed, field position is the name of the game and we never have it, wouldn't you rather see our offense starting drives from the 40 than from the 20 all the time, I could be crazy but I think that would help us out a little!

We have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO game breakers on our offense so it constantly putters along, we need a guy like Jackson that defenses must focus on and we can line him up all over the field, then in 3 years when Stokley leaves we have a great slot in place, as far as the money goes, Marshall will have to be a man about it and suck it up, he's only had 1 good year and he if he cries about more money we will let him walk anyways!

In closing I just want to say that Jackson is preparing for the draft with Jerry Rice, Rice loves the kid and thinks he has everything it takes to be a great NFL reciever. If the hands down best WR of all time is giving this kid props I will also. Plus Rice has connections with Shanahan so it could be a real possibility, so face it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Comment

LOL, Jackson the next Steve Smith. I don't think so. Steve Smith is freakishly strong for a guy his size. Did you see that play against the Texans where he broke out of like 10 tacklers and took it to the house. I don't think Jackson has that kind of ability.

Comment

This kid can grow, what I meant by that was that he is a gamebreaker like Smith, man why is everyone hating on this kid, give him a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            This kid can grow, what I meant by that was that he is a gamebreaker like Smith, man why is everyone hating on this kid, give him a chance!
            He can gain weight, yes, but to ask him to put on 20 pounds and play close to 190 may be too much. I'd take Chris Johnson in round two over him but I do think he can be a good player, just not Steve Smith good.

Comment

I'd give him a chance, but not in the first round. There's just too much risk with a kid like Jackson. They usually don't pan out, some examples include Troy Williamson, Ashley Lelie, Roddy White, Donte' Stallworth. While Stallworth has had some success, he's jump'd to three teams already and about to join his 4th. Steve Smith was a 3rd pick and had to work his way up the depth chart and prove himself. I'd rather have Jackson do that then give it to him.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know, maybe we should just draft Chris Williams in the 1st, Earl Bennett in the 2nd and get all of Vandy's O-line the rest of the way out, that way Jay will be happy!
                I think you put waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much into the fact that Jay wants Earl Bennett, Shanahan is NOT going to build a team just from what Jay wants, Jay is a professional, he understands that if the man in charge sees talent that is undeniable that he will make the best decision.
                If you say we have bigger needs than WR you are a fool. Marshall is a stud, but he has only proven himself 1 year, who's to say he doesn't get hurt or fall off the map in 08, Stokley is getting old and cannot stay healthy, Colbert as our number 2.........., then what do we have,,,,,,um,,,,,,Glenn Martinez,,,,,,,,,,,,Taylor Jacobs, come on!!!

I wouldn't mind if we did pick up Bennett in the 3rd round with Jackson, we need all of the depth we can get because honestly 2 of those guys mentioned above do not even belong on most NFL rosters!

As far as the return game goes, your absolutely right, we have been so successful starting drives inside our own 20 all the time, our return game is a f-ing joke and must be addressed, field position is the name of the game and we never have it, wouldn't you rather see our offense starting drives from the 40 than from the 20 all the time, I could be crazy but I think that would help us out a little!

We have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO game breakers on our offense so it constantly putters along, we need a guy like Jackson that defenses must focus on and we can line him up all over the field, then in 3 years when Stokley leaves we have a great slot in place, as far as the money goes, Marshall will have to be a man about it and suck it up, he's only had 1 good year and he if he cries about more money we will let him walk anyways!

In closing I just want to say that Jackson is preparing for the draft with Jerry Rice, Rice loves the kid and thinks he has everything it takes to be a great NFL reciever. If the hands down best WR of all time is giving this kid props I will also. Plus Rice has connections with Shanahan so it could be a real possibility, so face it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
                Face it, it is very likely not to happen...just cause Shanahan knows Jerry Rice...What a joke, yes he knows Rice, but that will not weigh heavily with his decision, he also knows Young, Elway and Romo, do you really believe he would listen to any of those guys at this moment? Especially when his current quarterback is more important at this moment and is himself pointing out someone to him! I do not think so, but you believe what you want...personally I would rather we draft another corner over this kid...

Comment

Working...
                X