UPDATE: Boss, McCree & Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lancane View Post
    When did our defensive backfield become a retirement facility? If Abdullah is not the guy, what would be the average age of our defensive backs? 33, 32? At all four positions...sounds like it did back in our Super Bowl years...Atwater, Braxton, Crockett and Gordon, wasn't the average age 30? Hahaha...maybe that is what Shanahan is thinking. And they already said they are not impressed with the safeties of this class. Next year's number one pick I believe will be safety most honestly then.
    Keeping Abdullah around is fine, but he's been here for three years and just cracked the starting lineup the second half of this year. Obviously, Shanny isn't exactly ecstatic about his play because if he was really what we were banking on as a long term starter, he'd have tendered him at higher than a 7th round pick.

McCree is no superstar, but he's an above average Safety who I think can really contribute. He's a good tackler and he's good in coverage. He's not spectacular, but neither is Gibril Wilson who we all wanted at the start of FA. I also believe we need young Safety help, but I think Hamza is backup material. This draft is very deep with Safety talent (it just doesn't have any superstars) and I think we could land a good one with one of our fourth round picks. McCree would be great to have take over for Lynch as the veteran to mentor the younger guys after Lynch retires this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
      Keeping Abdullah around is fine, but he's been here for three years and just cracked the starting lineup the second half of this year. Obviously, Shanny isn't exactly ecstatic about his play because if he was really what we were banking on as a long term starter, he'd have tendered him at higher than a 7th round pick.

McCree is no superstar, but he's an above average Safety who I think can really contribute. He's a good tackler and he's good in coverage. He's not spectacular, but neither is Gibril Wilson who we all wanted at the start of FA. I also believe we need young Safety help, but I think Hamza is backup material. This draft is very deep with Safety talent (it just doesn't have any superstars) and I think we could land a good one with one of our fourth round picks. McCree would be great to have take over for Lynch as the veteran to mentor the younger guys after Lynch retires this year.

Agreed.. good post. (although I was looking forward and hoping to signing the safety out of cincinatti)

Comment

just sign Scott!! Make him a priority. We NEED to improve the line.

Mcree can come if he isn't getting overpaid.
        As for Boss... meh... I don't care if he comes or not. LBs are much easier to find than Dline, Oline, and safety. We can get a 4th round LB that could compete for the starting job.
        No surprise -- LT left his balls on the bench

No wonder Haynesworth is asking for so much money. Being a hitman is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

I was being cynical, I believe I posted before McCree even announced a visit or the organization that I would like to bring him in and Olivae. I would love to add McCree, but I still think or hope we keep Abdullah for depth...I am just saying we all know that Lynch is gone after this year, McCree would last another two, but I think this will point to our number one pick in 2009. It just reminded me of our Super Bowl Championship years, except I admit we have far more talent this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            [B]
            Linebacker Boss Bailey and safety Marlon McCree hit town Wednesday and were ushered off to a nice meal and planned to go to the Denver Nuggets-Phoenix Suns NBA game.
            I work for the Nuggets and me and my buddy thought we recognized Boss but we didn't think he would still be in town, let alone at the game! Looked like he was having a good time, especially with the Nugs dominating the Diesel. I really hope he never leaves town...

Comment

Working...
            X