Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longshot odds for future RB........

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Longshot odds for future RB........

    The Raiders restructured Dominic Rhodes' contract, ensuring he will remain with the team in 2008.
    His salary fell from $3 million to $1.75 million. Rhodes played well when given a shot in 2007, totaling 338 yards vs. the Colts, Jags, and Chargers in the final three games. He won't enter camp higher than second on the depth chart, but this is more bad news for Michael Bush's chances of splitting time with Justin Fargas. It's unclear what Oakland will do with LaMont Jordan.

    http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2...-green-return/

    For those of you who don't know who Michael Bush is, he was a dynamic big bruiser with great speed out of Louisville. If he came out his junior year he woulda been a 1st rounder but he came back for his senior year and broke his leg on freak accident in 1st game of year.

    He was drafted by the Raiders in last years draft with 1st pick of 4th round. Without the accident he woulda been 1st rounder for sure and top heisman candidate.

    Fast forward to today and now the Raiders have signed Justin Fargas to an extension and now Domanic Rhodes to an extension. Not to mention the chance to draft Darren McFadden if they so choose to. This leaves Michael Bush as the odd man out.

    He has 2 years to heal, rehab, strengthen the broken leg since he was put on IR for all of last year. Here is to hoping the Raiders cut him or maybe just maybe Shanny plucks a wild hair out of his butt to nab this guy. He will be the answer to RB prayers and a wonderful compliment to the speedy Selvin Young.


    Just something to bring your attention to, and make you think about. There are alternatives to wasting the #12 pick on a RB.....



  • #2
    Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    The Raiders restructured Dominic Rhodes' contract, ensuring he will remain with the team in 2008.
    His salary fell from $3 million to $1.75 million. Rhodes played well when given a shot in 2007, totaling 338 yards vs. the Colts, Jags, and Chargers in the final three games. He won't enter camp higher than second on the depth chart, but this is more bad news for Michael Bush's chances of splitting time with Justin Fargas. It's unclear what Oakland will do with LaMont Jordan.

    http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2...-green-return/

    For those of you who don't know who Michael Bush is, he was a dynamic big bruiser with great speed out of Louisville. If he came out his junior year he woulda been a 1st rounder but he came back for his senior year and broke his leg on freak accident in 1st game of year.

    He was drafted by the Raiders in last years draft with 1st pick of 4th round. Without the accident he woulda been 1st rounder for sure and top heisman candidate.

    Fast forward to today and now the Raiders have signed Justin Fargas to an extension and now Domanic Rhodes to an extension. Not to mention the chance to draft Darren McFadden if they so choose to. This leaves Michael Bush as the odd man out.

    He has 2 years to heal, rehab, strengthen the broken leg since he was put on IR for all of last year. Here is to hoping the Raiders cut him or maybe just maybe Shanny plucks a wild hair out of his butt to nab this guy. He will be the answer to RB prayers and a wonderful compliment to the speedy Selvin Young.


    Just something to bring your attention to, and make you think about. There are alternatives to wasting the #12 pick on a RB.....


    There are also alternative medicines for guys whom are not well hung , just because there are other options it does not mean they work first as well, let alone at all. Henry and Walker are two prime examples of what I am speaking about...there is always more then one option, sometimes the cheaper version or secondary version is just that, secondary and crap!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
      There are alternatives to wasting the #12 pick on a RB.....



      Michael Bush? THAT'S Denver's big alternative?

      He wasn't that good before he got injured, he was TJ Duckett/Greg Jones.

      No thanks, I'd rather waste No12 on a RB......

      Comment


      • #4
        Here is to hoping that they have an enormous can of WD-40 wherever Bush ends up, after 2 years out, he is going to need some major rust removal.

        Comment


        • #5
          Same, its better to waste the 12th on a young RB then someone elses fodder.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

          Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
            Same, its better to waste the 12th on a young RB then someone elses fodder.
            I disagree. Ever heard of Ryan Grant?
            No surprise -- LT left his balls on the bench

            No wonder Haynesworth is asking for so much money. Being a hitman is expensive.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by x_ts View Post
              I disagree. Ever heard of Ryan Grant?
              Ever heard of Lamont Jordon, or one closer to home maybe like Ron Dayne and Travis Henry...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                The Raiders restructured Dominic Rhodes' contract, ensuring he will remain with the team in 2008.
                His salary fell from $3 million to $1.75 million. Rhodes played well when given a shot in 2007, totaling 338 yards vs. the Colts, Jags, and Chargers in the final three games. He won't enter camp higher than second on the depth chart, but this is more bad news for Michael Bush's chances of splitting time with Justin Fargas. It's unclear what Oakland will do with LaMont Jordan.

                http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2...-green-return/

                For those of you who don't know who Michael Bush is, he was a dynamic big bruiser with great speed out of Louisville. If he came out his junior year he woulda been a 1st rounder but he came back for his senior year and broke his leg on freak accident in 1st game of year.

                He was drafted by the Raiders in last years draft with 1st pick of 4th round. Without the accident he woulda been 1st rounder for sure and top heisman candidate.

                Fast forward to today and now the Raiders have signed Justin Fargas to an extension and now Domanic Rhodes to an extension. Not to mention the chance to draft Darren McFadden if they so choose to. This leaves Michael Bush as the odd man out.

                He has 2 years to heal, rehab, strengthen the broken leg since he was put on IR for all of last year. Here is to hoping the Raiders cut him or maybe just maybe Shanny plucks a wild hair out of his butt to nab this guy. He will be the answer to RB prayers and a wonderful compliment to the speedy Selvin Young.


                Just something to bring your attention to, and make you think about. There are alternatives to wasting the #12 pick on a RB.....


                Ouch, just spewed Mt. Dew out of my nose........it stings!

                Originally posted by x_ts View Post
                I disagree. Ever heard of Ryan Grant?
                Well sure......just go draft a stud late in the draft, why doesn't everybody think of that?

                Good insight! Well done!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Aw Cmon! Tell me how you really feel!



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    LOL, Micheal Bush. Isn't he like 260 pounds now. He would be a better back up QB than a RB.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rashard Mendenhall isn't injured, hasn't been away for 2 years, and is possibly the best RB in the draft. How is that a waste?
                      sigpic
                      Made by Houshmazode

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                        Rashard Mendenhall isn't injured, hasn't been away for 2 years, and is possibly the best RB in the draft. How is that a waste?
                        He is a 1 year wonder from a spread option offense. A bust waiting to happen!





                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                          He is a 1 year wonder from a spread option offense. A bust waiting to happen!





                          You seen the line he played behind? It's a miracle he had a good year, let alone a great one.
                          sigpic
                          Made by Houshmazode

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                            You seen the line he played behind? It's a miracle he had a good year, let alone a great one.
                            You really cooked my goose on that one......


                            They friggin ran the option. Tell me the last RB from that college system to light it up in the NFL.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Not that Mendenhall is in his league, but didn't Tomlinson draw similar negative criticism? Played in a veer offense, lack of inside running, etc...
                              Thanks for everything Shanny :salute!:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X