Newest Mock Draft 3/6/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Mock Draft 3/6/08

This is my first mock and am wondering what you all think?

Needs: OT, LB, DT, S, WR, RB

1. Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois (Instinctive runner, could make immediate impact)

2. Trevor Laws, Pat Sims (Either or)

4. Frank Okam, DT Texas (Steal of the Draft if we keep him in shape)

4. Duane Brown, OT VTech (Athletic Tackle, fits in ZBS)

5. Will Franklin, WR Missouri (6’1” 205 lb, 4.37 40yd)

5. Terrence Wheatley, CB Colorado (Speedy but undersized)

7. Pig Brown, SS Missouri (One of best SS imo, under radar bc of injury)

I’m a huge Big XII fan and my mock reflects it. Shanny if you’re reading this take a serious look at Will Franklin.

Well, I think Stewart is better fit for denver than mendenhall, would rather have him.

Comment

It's a good first mock and I agree with the first four rounds except that it is a big if keeping Okam in shape. I prefer Jamie Silva over Brown. Silva is a real nice sleeper. I'm OK with Wheatley if we give up Foxworth or Paymah but if we don't we're set at CB. If Eddie Royal is available we take him over Franklin, Bennett will be gone by then unless something weird happens. Overall it's good.
      sigpic
      Made by Houshmazode

Comment

We don't need a running back in the first round. Nothing against Mendenhall at all. He's a great back, but even great backs don't run too well when there are no blockers opening up cracks to run through.

We need immediate impact on either line, not in a skill position where we already have competent (if not great) players.
        Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
        FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
          We don't need a running back in the first round. Nothing against Mendenhall at all. He's a great back, but even great backs don't run too well when there are no blockers opening up cracks to run through.

We need immediate impact on either line, not in a skill position where we already have competent (if not great) players.
          What you said about the line and Mendenhall is the biggest debate here so don't get upset at me for pointing out a few facts. 1.) Mendenhall is a good back that I think will be great. 2.) The Henry/Young/Hall combo is good but injury prone. We could use a durable guy. 3.) Henry did really well but as previously said, he is injury prone and he has off-field issues. 4.) Shanny has said he likes our O-line and thinks we're good there. 5.) There is no value where we are in the draft at DT unless Ellis or Dorsey falls(a BIG if). 6.) Mendenhall is the only value guy (aside from Stewart of course) at #12 That would leave us with Mendenhall or trading down which I am not against either.
          sigpic
          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Smartest thing posted all day!!! A lot of people have absolutely lost their minds and want to take a 'sexy' pick over immediate impact and production. There is not a single back not even McFadden who will be more productive this year on our team than the backs we already have. The sooner people realize this the better the conversations will be IMO. Shanny has NEVER drafted a RB in the first round and has passed up RBs who are much better than this years crop so why all of a sudden does people think he will draft on this year? Quite mind blowing to me.
            Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
              Smartest thing posted all day!!! A lot of people have absolutely lost their minds and want to take a 'sexy' pick over immediate impact and production. There is not a single back not even McFadden who will be more productive this year on our team than the backs we already have. The sooner people realize this the better the conversations will be IMO. Shanny has NEVER drafted a RB in the first round and has passed up RBs who are much better than this years crop so why all of a sudden does people think he will draft on this year? Quite mind blowing to me.
              Why do people always use the argument "He's never done it"? I don't care about the past, I want to have the best possible draft this year instead of talk about a bust from four years ago and that's why we shouldn't try it again for better results. Shanny has said he likes the O-line and the only value for us is Mendenhall, trade down, or Ellis or Dorsey fall.
              sigpic
              Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                What you said about the line and Mendenhall is the biggest debate here so don't get upset at me for pointing out a few facts. 1.) Mendenhall is a good back that I think will be great. 2.) The Henry/Young/Hall combo is good but injury prone. We could use a durable guy. 3.) Henry did really well but as previously said, he is injury prone and he has off-field issues. 4.) Shanny has said he likes our O-line and thinks we're good there. 5.) There is no value where we are in the draft at DT unless Ellis or Dorsey falls(a BIG if). 6.) Mendenhall is the only value guy (aside from Stewart of course) at #12 That would leave us with Mendenhall or trading down which I am not against either.
                Yeah, I hear ya. I think we would be best off trading down and picking up another couple picks, or even an extra #1 for next year.

I don't disagree with you regarding Mendenhall & would love to cheer him on as a Bronco. I live about 15 miles away from the U of I and think he is a quality back. Despite what some others have said, he is not just a 1 year wonder. He had a heck of a career as an Illini. I just don't think we should pick ANY runner in the first round.
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

Well the best possible draft picks are to address our needs first off. We don't need to take a running back first round...We need either a OT or a real MLB. That needs to be either Ryan Clady or Dan O'Connor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                    Why do people always use the argument "He's never done it"? I don't care about the past, I want to have the best possible draft this year instead of talk about a bust from four years ago and that's why we shouldn't try it again for better results. Shanny has said he likes the O-line and the only value for us is Mendenhall, trade down, or Ellis or Dorsey fall.
                    We use this arguement because for over a decade it has proved correct. Shanny has established a draft pattern and has never shyed away from it. Why is every year we have to field questions from fans who have lost all sense of reality? For once I would like to have an offseason where the fans are realistic and are not playing Madden in their heads!!!:brick:
                    Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

Couldnt have said it better.

Comment

Working...
                      X