What about McCree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about McCree?

Ok, so we've signed Boss, now has anyone heard anything about McCree?

Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    Ok, so we've signed Boss, now has anyone heard anything about McCree?
    He musta been a Suns fan.....

Comment

Come on McCree! We could use your services!

Comment

From what I have heard McCree will be making a choice between Denver and Buffalo either later today or tommorrow. I read on a Buffalo Bills blog that his former coach is the D coordiantor in Buffalo and they have a strong relationship, but the blog also stated that McCree has a much better chance of starting in Denver. He is entering his 8th season in 2008 and he has about 3 or 4 more years left of being a starter in the NFL, so he would be wise to come here and not play second fiddle in Buffalo. I think each destination has its advantages for Marlon, but I would love to see him in orange and blue. Hopefully we will know the outcome soon.
        Bronco fan from the Land of 10,000 Lakes!

Comment

Thanks for the update...I am hoping we can pick him up as well...even if it is for depth!! Especially if we draft one...which I am sure we will!!

Comment

You'd think if he was going to sign here, he would have around the same time as Boss. I really hope he does. He's not an all-start but he's a solid option at SS. Please sign McCree.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosker25 View Post
              From what I have heard McCree will be making a choice between Denver and Buffalo either later today or tommorrow. I read on a Buffalo Bills blog that his former coach is the D coordiantor in Buffalo and they have a strong relationship, but the blog also stated that McCree has a much better chance of starting in Denver. He is entering his 8th season in 2008 and he has about 3 or 4 more years left of being a starter in the NFL, so he would be wise to come here and not play second fiddle in Buffalo. I think each destination has its advantages for Marlon, but I would love to see him in orange and blue. Hopefully we will know the outcome soon.

I would also think that getting two chances a year to intercept Philip Rivers errant passes would be another incentive.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Bills might have his former coach but DEN provides the opportunity to get back at the team who cut him (Chargers)...

I also think the Boss deal was easier to complete b/c of Champ and that rare situation...

I think it's good we haven't heard about him leaving DEN w/out a contract... SO no news is not necessarily bad news.

They probably hacked out a contract w/ Boss and are now... right now... working something out w/ McCree's agent.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  Bills might have his former coach but DEN provides the opportunity to get back at the team who cut him (Chargers)...

I also think the Boss deal was easier to complete b/c of Champ and that rare situation...

I think it's good we haven't heard about him leaving DEN w/out a contract... SO no news is not necessarily bad news.

They probably hacked out a contract w/ Boss and are now... right now... working something out w/ McCree's agent.
                  I would say so, not like you are going to have a luncheon with two agents going into negotiations!!! Hahaha...why does he get that much, why the longer deal...it would be a nightmare...lol. I would not be surprised if McCree and his agent are hashing out the offer right now and then he will decide or take a flight to Buffalo, ehhhh...but if I was him and at his age, I would stay in Denver, Buffalo is getting better but the Broncos are far more likely to win a game or two more this season, let alone he gets to play against Phillips and company!

Comment

Remember, we also have a visit from Marquand Manuel scheduled tomorrow. Perhaps they are waiting until after that visit to extend an offer.

I'm not terribly familiar with either player, who is better?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                      Remember, we also have a visit from Marquand Manuel scheduled tomorrow. Perhaps they are waiting until after that visit to extend an offer.

I'm not terribly familiar with either player, who is better?
                      McCree has more true game experience...but Manuel is younger, so I would say it is a toss up!

Comment

i think eugene wilson from the pats is a better option than both of those guys. why aren't we going after him?

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                          i think eugene wilson from the pats is a better option than both of those guys. why aren't we going after him?
                          My guess is he probably wants more money.

Comment

because word on the street is he is asking for a King's Ransom to play....

Comment

ROTOWORLD.COM

The Bengals have reached out to free agent DB Eugene Wilson.
                              They could use competition for second-year FS Marvin White, who's currently penciled in as Madieu Williams' replacement. Wilson has made several visits, but hasn't come close to signing. He may be seeking too much money.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Comment

Working...
                              X