Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny Phillips is the answer to Broncos needs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Phillips is the answer to Broncos needs.

If we draft Kenny Phillips. The reason being...Lynch can play closer to the line of scrimmage where he's better and because he's older and slower. Phillips is smart and fast enough to play both halfs of the field with ease. He can play TE's in man with no problem at all. So if he's not playing the TE as Boss clearly can himself then that would give him the freedom to roam the field and make all kinds of plays (ala Ed Reed, Bob Sanders). He is a pure playmaker and would make up for Dre or Champ getting beat if that was to happen (notice where was the safety in the GB game even tho it was Bly fought for getting beat). He would be great for the future with tutoring from Lynch, one of the all-time greats. We already missed out on one of the good young safeties in Reggie Nelson last year but Kenny is even better because he can play close to the line and will lay the big hit too! Trust me the guy is that good and would be even better with our secondary. He would also allow either side to play the zones or the flats for easier picks and the corners can have better awareness and coverage because he can play the ball on WR's after they are released (Giants, Colts, Ravens, Bucs). The reason I mentioned the Giants is because although alot of credit was given the D-line, there Safties played great too. They allowed the corners to play underneath for the short routes that kept NE rolling and able to set teams up for the deep balls. If you watch the SB or the last game of the season that the Giants should have won. You'll see that the safties were instrumental in those games. He can play WR's man to man also for those who have doubts about Fox and Paymah. lol. Kenny Phillips is clearly the best safety in the draft and the best possible pick that we can make to better this team. I know we need o-linemen and d-linemen but the offense isn't struggling as much as the defense and Kenny would solve alot of problems as far as the defense goes. We can find a quality D or O linemen in later rounds but Kenny is one of a kind and we will not find anyone close to him trying to draft a safety from this thin group in the later rounds. Also, he would keep the long list of great safeties of Broncos tradition going. Draft Kenny!!!

Originally posted by FireShanahan View Post
    If we draft Kenny Phillips. The reason being...Lynch can play closer to the line of scrimmage where he's better and because he's older and slower. Phillips is smart and fast enough to play both halfs of the field with ease. He can play TE's in man with no problem at all. So if he's not playing the TE as Boss clearly can himself then that would give him the freedom to roam the field and make all kinds of plays (ala Ed Reed, Bob Sanders). He is a pure playmaker and would make up for Dre or Champ getting beat if that was to happen (notice where was the safety in the GB game even tho it was Bly fought for getting beat). He would be great for the future with tutoring from Lynch, one of the all-time greats. We already missed out on one of the good young safeties in Reggie Nelson last year but Kenny is even better because he can play close to the line and will lay the big hit too! Trust me the guy is that good and would be even better with our secondary. He would also allow either side to play the zones or the flats for easier picks and the corners can have better awareness and coverage because he can play the ball on WR's after they are released (Giants, Colts, Ravens, Bucs). The reason I mentioned the Giants is because although alot of credit was given the D-line, there Safties played great too. They allowed the corners to play underneath for the short routes that kept NE rolling and able to set teams up for the deep balls. If you watch the SB or the last game of the season that the Giants should have won. You'll see that the safties were instrumental in those games. He can play WR's man to man also for those who have doubts about Fox and Paymah. lol. Kenny Phillips is clearly the best safety in the draft and the best possible pick that we can make to better this team. I know we need o-linemen and d-linemen but the offense isn't struggling as much as the defense and Kenny would solve alot of problems as far as the defense goes. We can find a quality D or O linemen in later rounds but Kenny is one of a kind and we will not find anyone close to him trying to draft a safety from this thin group in the later rounds. Also, he would keep the long list of great safeties of Broncos tradition going. Draft Kenny!!!
    If we were able to pick him up with our 2nd rounder I can't say i'd be upset.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

WALL OF TEXT

but yeah id take him in the 2nd round.

Comment

i personally like kenny phillips but in more of the role to learn from John Lynch, and then take his place. I see him more as a strong safty. I dont think that he has the best ball skills. I think people are seeing this guy as something that he isnt cause he is from Miami, which is quickly becoming safety U. To me he is more in the Roy Williams mold than the Ed Reed mold
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

2nd Round would be good for us with Phillips, but so would Lofton. Kind of up in the air on the 1st day picks. I am hoping for a great first day combo.
          Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

It would be a massive reach at #12...if we were to trade back to the late first round then he's an option.
            sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

2nd round, ok. He just flat out isn't good enough to be the #12 overall pick.

Comment

I cant say much with the screen name that I use but I have had it so long no changing now...

Sorry I cant read your ideas about KP with the screen name that you are using..

If you feel the same way about me I completly understand...
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
                  I cant say much with the screen name that I use but I have had it so long no changing now...

Sorry I cant read your ideas about KP with the screen name that you are using..

If you feel the same way about me I completly understand...
                  Thank you for someone else seeing the light

KP would be an okay pick in the second if he is by far the best player available. Other than that we need some Hogs that can get the job done.
                  CMack
                  http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2042165

Comment

I find it ironic that the "Fire Shanahan" guy, that has been complaining about Shanahan's drafting over the last years, is saying we should use our #12 pick on a second round talent.

Comment

I dont know if I agree with you Ravage. I mean sure Phillips stock has dropped in the past 3 months, but 3 months ago Phillips was going in the top 15. Yes, Kenny Phillips play did fall off when he lost Meriweather, but I still think a team will grab him in the late first.
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                        I dont know if I agree with you Ravage. I mean sure Phillips stock has dropped in the past 3 months, but 3 months ago Phillips was going in the top 15. Yes, Kenny Phillips play did fall off when he lost Meriweather, but I still think a team will grab him in the late first.
                        Fair enough. Maybe/probably so. But I do know that he's not a top 12 talent. I know that picking KP in the first, for us at 12, would be a terrible pick. Well, at least thats my opinion on it.

Comment

in the here and now, S is NOT a need. Lineman on both sides of the ball are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequence View Post
                            Safety is a need unless you like waiting until everyone leaves and starting rookies all the time. We have 4 OK safeties right now. 3 of them will be gone in the next 2 years. The 4th still needs to improve a lot before he is seen as the answer to either safety spot. I would say it is not out of the question that we get a safety. Especially if Phillips is there in the 2nd.

I would agree that the two lines our our biggest needs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequence View Post
                              How can you say that?

We run such a blitz heavy defense safeties are vital.

Not to mention the fact we play in a division with 2 all pro Tight Ends and 2 (maybe 3) pro-bowl running backs.

I'd say safety is a pretty big need. Perhaps not big enough for a first round selection, but it is a position that must be addressed. I think next year (barring a major injury of lack of performance from someone) safety will be one of our biggest priorities.
                              sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Working...
                              X