No announcement yet.

Robertson to Broncos Official (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two questions, did Robertson pass a physical to come with us? And did we give him a new contract?

Comment

Check him out doin Alan Faneca dirty!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NiV6BUZbF2Y

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        This is a good and a very needed move by the Broncos. We need DT starter and depth at the possition. I will not be suprised if the Broncos still grab a DT on first day of the draft.

This move should work out well for Thomas as a mentor and having a Vet like Robertson play with him.

It came through that it is a 2009 conditional pick. I would have rather gave up a 4th rounder this year.

I think this 09 conditional pick is going to turn to be atleast a 3rd next year. I think the Jets were able to get the most value out of this trade that they could... They are not going to have him at a DE in a 3-4 and he is not a NT... Specialy with their recent signing.

I think the physical thing is pretty misleading. This is "after" season when they are no longer in game shape and very beat up. This guy missed a couple games over his career now? I bet he stays healthy and performs well.

A lot of people mention aboput being worried about his knee... I think it is fine just the end of the season stuff

He is penetrating type tackle and is far better in a 4-3 defensive scheme, rather then a 3-4. Even though he has not lived up to the expectations of a fourth overall draft pick... I think it could make a big difference being in a different environment.

I feel good about the move... think it worked out well for both clubs.
        I agree, Shanahan obviously safe guarded himself and the team with the "CONDITIONAL" 09 draft pick. IMO this is a low risk, high reward type of deal. The deal is more than likely geared towards performance incentives, playing time and such. I'm DEFINITELY excited about this year. All I want is OT Chris Williams from Vandy and RB Ray Rice from Rutgers. I don't mind Mendenhall at all but IMO OT is more important right now. Just my take on things.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
          two questions, did Robertson pass a physical to come with us? And did we give him a new contract?
          No he failed our Physical & a new contract was reported to be agreed upon last week.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

NY Daily News is reporting that it is a 5 year contract, no financial terms to report yet....

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...son-trade.html

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              NY Daily News is reporting that it is a 5 year contract, no financial terms to report yet....

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...son-trade.html
              I hope that potential 2nd rounder is if he is a Super Bowl MVP....4th and a 5th or a 2nd rounder...hmm not too excited.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

This was just for a conditional 09' pick right. If this is the case then I love it.

Comment

One pick

It is only for one pick in 09 and is a late round pick according to nfl.com. This is a no lose situation for the broncos

Comment

i think this signals that we're either taking a running back, kenny phillips or an OT in the first round.

with most signs pointing to OT, which i think is by far the smartest move. we do not need kenny phillips nearly, nearly, as much as we need say, clady or a lineman of some kind. i'd be happy with mendenhall, thrilled really despite what i've been saying about not needing him, only if we drafted an OT in the second and somewhere later as well.

that's what i think we should do and this year, i also thikn it's what will happen.
                    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Working...
                    X