Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well Since we got Robertson.... Does Our Draft Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said this on one other forum and I'll say it again here, this a smoke screen by the broncos to trade up and draft ellis or even dorsey(not likely). The broncos could trade down to nab an elite DT like Ellis and no one would see it coming. The Ravens would be happy to trade with us if Ryan doesn't fall in there lap and I think the Pats would trade with us because of what better value they could get at 12 rather than 7. I wouldn't be suprised at all if we traded up now and drafted Ellis, I didn't want to at first, but now that this has happened I firmly think we might. Remember what shanny does in drafts lately, stockpiles... and yes I'm considering Robertson part of that stockpiling.

Go Broncos!

Comment

With so much depth at OT, I've got a bit of a different scenario.

With the addition of Robertson we wait a little on the DT picks, but rather than the typical RB/OT OT/RB debate, here is what I think could happen.

Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart in the first, and then since possibly the top 6 OT's off the board already (counting Branden Albert as a OT) then why not take the top OG in the draft. Chilo Rachal or Roy Schuening. I know we need OT's, and we'll get them later, but follow the logic here for a second...

Hamilton may or may not be back, and Kuper may be a consideration at tackle. That leaves Holland, Alexander, and Snell. Roy is a monster run blocker, and would help with the RB pick, and Chilo has all of the tools for an interior lineman. Why settle for the 7th best OT, when you can get the 1st or 2nd best OG. We can add OT's like Duane Brown, Oniel Cousins, Anthony Collins, Geoff Schwartz, and Breno Giacomini in the 4th or 5th round. (Not saying they will all be there, but at least one of them will be.) Also in the 4th we pick my favorite player Owen Schmitt.

So here's how it breaks down... In my opinion and hopes.

1: Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois
      2: Chilo Rachal, OG USC
      4a: Owen Schmitt, FB West Virginia
      4b: Pat Sims, DT Auburn
      5a: Breno Giacomini, OT Louisville
      5b: Jonathan Goff, LB Vanderbilt
      6: Brandon Coutu, K Georgia
      7a: Eric Scott, C Kentucky
      7b: Marcus Dixon, DE Hampton
      Last edited by Zoo Crew; 04-24-2008, 09:55 PM.

Comment

First pick

Will we go RB in first or OT? Will we trade down? Which is better Mendenhall or Stewart? [/QUOTE]

I doubt Shanny will ever take a RB that high. I think we should stick with a OT that can open the line for Travis Henry. Shanny is going to use Travis as long as he stays healthy.
        The Denver Broncos.........A Running Back's Dream...A Raider fan's Nightmare.

Comment

The Robertson acquisition is absolutely great. The culmination of a very successful shopping spree in free agency - not at the grocery store, but at the lumber yard.

This signing frees us up. We take the best OT with our #12, and from then on we can take the Best Player Available ("we don't need a running back, but this guy is just too good" . . . "we just signed some free agent linebackers, but this guy is a playuh . . ." etc.) Just draft good football players, and the next thing you know, training camp is stocked with good football players competing for positions, and the team attitude kind of Lynchifies.

P.S. Cutler2007, your draft is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Tim View Post
            I doubt Shanny will ever take a RB that high. I think we should stick with a OT that can open the line for Travis Henry. Shanny is going to use Travis as long as he stays healthy

T. Henry is one of those quick fix moves when T. Sundquist was here. We saw how well that worked out for us! His days are numbered. T. Henry knew that Shanny would not tolerate the things he did in the past and what did he do? Almost get suspended by the league. His first year was a disaster! How can anyone count on this guy? Our O depends on the run! I guarantee he is not Mikes favorite person right now. Hence take a paycut or be released. Stewart or Mendenhall is the pick!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncs4life75 View Post
              T. Henry is one of those quick fix moves when T. Sundquist was here
              Sundquist must still be here then, because "quick fix" is the perfect description of the trade for Robertson.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

as long as it has something to do with Jonathan Stewart and Owen Schmidt in orange and blue I'll be happy

Comment

Originally posted by natejimenez View Post
                  as long as it has something to do with Jonathan Stewart and Owen Schmidt in orange and blue I'll be happy
                  I 2nd this motion.
                  Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
                    I 2nd this motion.
                    3rd'ing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X