The best way to spend your day on Draft Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best way to spend your day on Draft Day

Just to lighten the mood a little I guess.

Usually I will watch it comfortably on the couch but this year I plan to get drunk at a keg party and find out later in the night what the picks are. I'm usually a happy drunk so I'll be glad with whoever we take and I think the suspense will be fun. Then it might be time to light up a cigar with my buddies and talk about the draft. All my friends are into football and its great to have people to talk with about something like the draft even if they dont share a favorite team.

What do you find is the best way to go through draft day to make it a fulfilling experience?

(I'm in college if you haven't noticed)
    A book I wrote

I will be spending the first three hours of the draft watch my 10 year old son playing spring football. I will be recording it and will watch right when I get back. I will miss the entire 1st round, but it is going to be a great day.
    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

I will be runnig in a 10k in the morning for breast cancer research
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

cutting trees but will get radio updates.

Comment

I'm going to record it and then watch it on Monday with a couple of friends and have a few beers. Luckily I live In Ireland, so avoiding results will be easy.

Then I'll go online and see who Denver took on Day 2, then log on here and try and wade through a few threads and get a few laughs from seeing a few people freak the beak over who we picked. Doesn't matter who we take, there's gauranteed to be a lot of people in hysterics about it, one way or another.

Comment

Picking up a 12 pack of Red Stripe, going to a buddies house, and eating good food, drinking good beer, and hanging out with good pals.
            Only thing is most of my friends are Browns fans, so it won't be very exciting for them, maybe they can live vicariously through me and my Broncos!

P.S.- My buddy has a 50 inch HD flatscreen!

Comment

Originally posted by Schism View Post
              I'm going to record it and then watch it on Monday with a couple of friends and have a few beers. Luckily I live In Ireland, so avoiding results will be easy.

Then I'll go online and see who Denver took on Day 2, then log on here and try and wade through a few threads and get a few laughs from seeing a few people freak the beak over who we picked. Doesn't matter who we take, there's gauranteed to be a lot of people in hysterics about it, one way or another.
              Yeah, when we take Jonathan Stewart at 12 people are going to go nuts!!!

Comment

I'll start the day off at my local mosque for a few hours then I'll come home and hang out with a few of my friends, play some football outside, probably order some food I dunno what kind yet then kick it back and wait for teh selection.
                sigpic

Comment

this thread is awesome.

OP says he's gonna get trashed.

next guy says he's gonna spend the day with his son

followed by person running for a good cause...

and then another guy doing hard work all day...

hahahahahhahaha...

hmmm.

anyway i have to work and will miss the first couple of hours but i got text updates....so.......yeah...
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Well first I have alcohol class 9am-noon, then I will go back to my dorm and watch the hour before the draft. Probably watch the whole draft and then go out later that night and either complain about our picks or talk about how awesome they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X