Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on our draft so far!

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Enjoy the night. . . and have fun tomorrow!

Good job thanks for the read. I agree with you!

Comment

Completely agree Dream. Great draft so far.

Comment

:thumb: I'm with you 100% on this Dream.

Comment

Also completely agree.

Hopefully with a bit of a cool-off period the fans will see the wisdom behind both picks, spefically the Royal selection.

Actually, who gives a ****?

Good write-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
            Hope you guys enjoy it!

Whats your take Clady playing in a weaker conference against much worse players than most of the other top tackles played against? The level of compitition will be a much steeper climb than for others because of his conference. That is what I am worried about.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
              Whats your take Clady playing in a weaker conference against much worse players than most of the other top tackles played against? The level of compitition will be a much steeper climb than for others because of his conference. That is what I am worried about.
              Clady has some individual match-up's that were a lot harder than people give him credit for. I don't think the competition moniker he has on him should stick. Had he not scored a 13 on the Wonderlic, nobody would be down on him.

Shanahan said he came in, they talked football and he understood the schemes, reads, etc. very, very well. He can be a moron and dead brain at math or science, but he knows football.

It's a non-factor for me. I think he's going to be great.

Comment

Good read Dream. I had Royal in my sig mock at #61 (no way would he have lasted until the 3rd), but changed it up to go after Lofton (who I knew wouldn't last until #42).

DeSean was more publicized, but Eddie is a better, stronger version of him.

I am just pissed Lofton went 5 picks before us (but I think Shanny was locked into this selection, so it doesn't matter).

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Clady has some individual match-up's that were a lot harder than people give him credit for. I don't think the competition moniker he has on him should stick. Had he not scored a 13 on the Wonderlic, nobody would be down on him.

Shanahan said he came in, they talked football and he understood the schemes, reads, etc. very, very well. He can be a moron and dead brain at math or science, but he knows football.

Exactly. We have seen some dead dumb people be GREAT football players. If we were drafting a center, QB, Safety or MLB that scored a 13, I would have more concerns. But the main thing is if they can play football. I don't care if they can do the math for their paychecks, as long as they know which way to block and when.

Comment

On a side note, I'll tell you all that Royal wasn't even a guy I thought of at #42; but I'm not pissed off because we didn't get someone else.

I'd of loved Laws or a multitude of other players, but it's a nice fit -- he's high character, smart and wants to do well. With that kind of attitude, he can go far.

Comment

Well, as long as your convinced im happy.
                      sigpic

Comment

exellent analys, took the words right out of my mouth. mark my words, royal will be the best reciever from this draft. cant wait till tommorow, i know most people are hyped about the first 2 rounds, i'm more exited aqbout tommorow. lots a picks and chanced to get sleepers

heres my 2nd day wishlist

jeremy zuttah
                        tom zbikwoski
                        owen schmitt
                        kirk barton
                        steve slaton
                        frank okam
                        durant brooks
                        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

On a side note, I'll tell you all that Royal wasn't even a guy I thought of at #42; but I'm not pissed off because we didn't get someone else.

I'd of loved Laws or a multitude of other players, but it's a nice fit -- he's high character, smart and wants to do well. With that kind of attitude, he can go far.

Was not who I wanted but I feel very much the same way...

What was you thinking Dream when James Hardy was 1 spot away ??

Did you know after a few picks in the 2nd with Hardy and Jackson still on the boards we was going to draft WR ???

I did but I was not thinking of Royal but I can very much live with that pick...
                          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

You are right on with Clady, his low score on the Wonderlic doesn't concern me. He is clearly a player and probably the best pure LT in the draft this year, his long arms and good build along with his feet will make him a very good blindside guard.

With the premium on OT in the 1st round this year we really scored big, Clady could be a Bronco (I guess he already was a Bronco for the last 3 years) for life.

I am not that big on Royal, only 6 of the top 30 players in 2007 for recieving yards are listed as less than 6-0, so it is not easy being a short guy on offense. I think he will be a good returner, but I doubt he will ever be more than an occasional player on offense.

We needed a returner and we got one, with the run of quick recievers taken in the 2nd, it wasn't as much of a reach as it seemed at the time, but it still seems like we could have gotten more value by taking a different position. If we came into this draft looking for 3 long term starters, I would say we have only found 1 so far, so we really need to work those 4th and 5th rounders.

As for not taking Desean Jackson, that really supports what Bowlen said about not taking anymore questionable characters. Royal is a good guy and I am happy we didn't take Jackson who is little more than a common thug.

Comment

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Dream...thanks for the assessment. I like the Clady pick, but I'd be lying if I said I knew who Royal was before we drafted him. You like him, Mike Mayock liked the pick, and the Broncos like him so hopefully he turns out to be a good choice!

Thx,
                              Joe
                              To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X