Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Run Mel Kiper Out Of Town

He gave OUR draft a C+.
    What is he looking at?
    If not a B+ ATLEAST a B we had for this year's class.
    Who is with me?
    I'm down
    60.87%
    Maybe
    8.70%
    I'm doing other things
    30.43%

I had the Broncos at a B- overall...

So we aren't far off. Picks lile Litchenhiemerisserguymenhower, Jack Williams, Eddie Royal, Carlton Powell, and Torain were picks that filled needs but werent the best value at that pick and left alot of talent just sitting there.

But the good thing is, it doesnt matter what Kiper or McShay or I say... Its about how they play.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37
      He gave OUR draft a C+.
      What is he looking at?
      Who is with me?
      Who cares? An A, a B, or a C.

Does it really matter?

Comment

WELL... Fox Sports on MSN gave us a "C" ...

Denver

Well, the Broncos became the first NFL team to ever take a Boise State Broncos player in the first round. Offensive tackle Ryan Clady should be able to protect quarterback Jay Cutler as well as Kory Lichtensteiger, who played at both guard and center at Bowling Green. He was a four-year starter. Both of these linemen are very athletic — a Denver trademark to success. Clady will probably be on the right side as a rookie, but has the feet to be a left tackle. Virginia Tech WR Eddie Royal was a need after the loss of Javon Walker and the wacky injury news regarding top receiver Brandon Marshall. Royal has been compared to Carolina's Steve Smith. Kent State CB Jack Williams has 4.32 speed, while Arizona State RB Ryan Torain is coming off a broken foot early in his senior season.

Grade: C

Comment

Our draft was a C+ at best...

Comment

outrage..... we had a better draft then anyone other then the phins, the chiefs, the cowboys, and the panthers. and that was only because they had mulitply firsts or higher picks, we got the best draft without sacrificing anything.
            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

it's ridiculous to assign a letter grade to this year's draft. Let's let these kids get a year under their pads, then return after the season finale to *fairly* assess how denver--or anyone else--did in this draft.

That's all ive seen today, pass this flunk that ad nauseum ad infinitum. that's all the sports media cares about anymore: instant gratification thru moronic means

Comment

I would give the Broncos a C+ too. Nothing to get excited about, but nothing terrible either.

There was a lot of value left sitting on the board when Shanahan took Eddie Royal. We'll just have to wait and see how that pick turned out. Taking a CB and reserve C in the 4th round, meh!

Compare those picks to taking Brandon Marshall and Elvis Dumervil in the 4th round 2 years ago! I had more hopes from this draft, but I don't feel that Shanahan did a horrible job or anything. Solid picks. But they could probably have done better.

That's what C+ means!
                sigpic

Comment

I like Mel... and don't see a problem with his grading of our draft. Grading a draft at this point is pretty silliness anyway.

So I just don't really care. I don't mind the C+ grading, and I'm happy with the draft. I like the pick of Royal. I like the players we got.

Comment

The Chiefs got an A from Kiper this year, and became the first (and only) team in the last three years not to get a grade between B+ and C- from Kiper. So he's probably just picking a grade in that range completely at random. I wouldn't worry too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                      I would give the Broncos a C+ too. Nothing to get excited about, but nothing terrible either.

There was a lot of value left sitting on the board when Shanahan took Eddie Royal. We'll just have to wait and see how that pick turned out. Taking a CB and reserve C in the 4th round, meh!

Compare those picks to taking Brandon Marshall and Elvis Dumervil in the 4th round 2 years ago! I had more hopes from this draft, but I don't feel that Shanahan did a horrible job or anything. Solid picks. But they could probably have done better.

That's what C+ means!
                      But the pick of Dumervil looks good NOW.... but I remember just how many people were MOANING and GROANING about that pick when it happened. That was NOT a "GOOD pick" on the marjority of the consensus, thats for sure.

Comment

Who cares? Mayock owns Kiper anyway.

Comment

I gave the Broncos a B, and that because I like Clady, Barrett and Hillis so much.

Licthenwhatever and Williams are so-so picks and the rest get an F.

Small, weak or injured, and in some cases, all of the above.

But they're just what the Broncos look for, and that's the problem, the Broncos will be looking for more of the same in a few years when these players are out of the league.

I thought "Building through the Draft" meant there were changes on the way, changes in the way they do the draft. Does that only make sense to me? If they weren't actually building through the draft before, then there should be something tangibly different in the draft now.

Personally, aside from finally drafting a legitimate offensive lineman, I don't see any difference in the type of player the Broncos are drafting now.

So I agree with Kiper, take it for what its worth, that's just my opinion......so you can choke on the b1thy little PM's, Homers......
                          Last edited by stnzed; 04-28-2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37
                            He gave OUR draft a C+.
                            What is he looking at?
                            Who is with me?
                            He is more charitable than I am...I would give them a D.

Comment

I respect Mel for what he's done for the NFL Draft and making it widely known; but too bad Mayock got the 100 G's, PRP's and Humvees and he's a 5 star OG, from the 3-1-3.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎