2008 Rookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Rookies

What's the deal? How come other teams are signing their rookies and it does not seem that we have inked anyone? Can someone let me know if we have. I know the Barret deal was put on hold. Maybe I should settle down, but the dog days of summer are here( which means camp is right around the corner) and I need some excitement.

Originally posted by Atl. Donkey View Post
    What's the deal? How come other teams are signing their rookies and it does not seem that we have inked anyone? Can someone let me know if we have. I know the Barret deal was put on hold. Maybe I should settle down, but the dog days of summer are here( which means camp is right around the corner) and I need some excitement.
    Typically the Broncos haven't signed their draft picks until the days before Training Camp. I don't understand the lateness, but I am glad they have not had the ridiculous hold outs that other teams have faced.

Comment

Shanahan's only got two hands I think Orange Blue Man said it... And we generally don't have holdouts, last one was DJ Williams right? It was just for one day of camp...
      I am Ian from BroncoTalk.net
      Official Member of Team:
      Champ Bailey and Lance Ball.

Comment

I thought Clady was signed. I thought it was a pretty good deal for us too, somewhere around the 5 year 25 million range!

I know I saw this somwhere, maybe I'm wrong!

Comment

Typically several factors contribute to the signing of players.

1. Front office cooperating with agents and giving reasonable fair market offers* They also have free time during the summer and usually complete these signings after the 4th of July Holiday

* All rookies make the same salary, however the signing and guaranteed monies is what is negotiated. With Jake Long getting inked early, this has set the slots to fall in place. If your the 119th player taken, your signing bonus should be more than that of 120 but usually less that 118 this is not an exact science.

2. Would you throw out good money if there is a chance that someone just might not make it though OTA's?

3. Injuries.. if your a rookie and you are injured, The team does not have to sign you because technically you are owed guaranteed monies or a signing bonus UNLESS your agent has initially gotten you into camp with the Team having good faith in negotiation of your actuall contract.

4. The agent might be waiting to see who all falls in place before in after in order to get that player the best money because agents don't make much money on 3rd rounders on down...3% that's it....
          Adopt a Child and Foster a Home
          YES it is that EASY!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            I thought Clady was signed. I thought it was a pretty good deal for us too, somewhere around the 5 year 25 million range!

He's not signed yet as far as I know. Josh Barrett was, then wasn't, now he may be again... I'm not sure.
            I am Ian from BroncoTalk.net
            Official Member of Team:
            Champ Bailey and Lance Ball.

Comment

This may be a good thing considering so many teams are overpaying their rookies these days..

Comment

You need excitement? Hearing about men sign contracts for hundreds of tohusands of dollars more than you and I make is exciting?
                sigpic
                Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post

Yeah he isn't signed and that would be a terrible deal for us......He will be more in the 15-20 mil range....12th oick doesn't get crazy pick......But all the previous posters are right...Denver signs its picks just before camp......That way they can correctly slot thier player.......We dont want to end up paying our guy what the 8th pick got. But dont worry, they will all be there.....if not they are on the pine all year and in the dog house. Shanny definatly doesnt like hold-outs

Also Baretts contract was voided by the NFL, but they resubmitted it a few days later....so he is all set
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Actually, those other teams are starting to get their players signed way early, the Broncos are going about it the way they always have......

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                      You need excitement? Hearing about men sign contracts for hundreds of tohusands of dollars more than you and I make is exciting?
                      More like millions. Yeah.

Comment

Larsen,Torain and Powell all signed yesterday!

Comment

Wesley Woodyard

Hello, does anyone have any info on Wesley Woodyard?

I'm just stopping by to check on one of the All time greats from the University of Kentucky.

I hope he makes the team, that kid is all heart and the motivation to back it up. Maybe he can take John Lynch's spot now?

Thanks

Comment

Wesley Woodyard

I got to see the game yesterday, I hope he makes your team. I think the Broncos are going to do very well this year.

Comment

There's been some talk about him. I think in another thread. just scan the titles for his name. Seems he's fast, and half the board wants him to start at Mike while the other half wants Webster

Comment

Working...
                              X