49ers could cut Ashley Lelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers could cut Ashley Lelie

We hear the handwriting could be on the wall for Niners WR Ashley Lelie, whose nagging calf injury has given promising youngsters Josh Morgan and Cam Colvin more of an opportunity to possibly steal away his spot on the roster.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

oh how the mighty have fallen

Comment

I would love to have Ashley back, but I think that bridge was burned.

He would be a great deep threat and knows the playbook. Lelie as a #5 WR would be nice.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
        oh how the mighty have fallen
        Just that he was never really mighty.:doh:

Comment

I never understood how a player could be so gifted yet so crappy at the same time...he made insane circus catches but dropped waaaaay too many easy passes...did he just ignore everything Rod Smith might have told him?

Comment

Ha ha!!

I almost forgot about that guy!!
            sigpic
            HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Lelie would be a #5 here now, behind Marshall, Jackson, Stokley, and Royal.

That's how the mighty have fallen.

Comment

D*** Ashley fell off bad! its pretty sad bcuz he was pretty good for us...i hope he comes back to Denver but he left on bad terms so i highly doubt it...but real talk i rather have had Lelie then Walker atleast he didnt have the injury bug like Walker....but oh well he choose his fate by leaving us and look at him now...
                Will the real #6 please stand up!

The future!

R.I.P.D-Will and Sean Taylor.

Comment

Anybody who thinks he's too good to take advice from Rod Smith then play the way he does . ha good ridance
                  Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wade View Post
                    Anybody who thinks he's too good to take advice from Rod Smith then play the way he does . ha good ridance
                    Ashley had too big of an ego...but we are talking about a kid that was 25 years old. If he is humbled and willing to make amends I would have him back. I still think he could be one of the better deep threats in the league, but he needs to want it and be able to put team first.

Lelie > Colbert or Martinez as a #5 WR and deep threat compliment to Marshall.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Lelie is trash. Let's keep the team clean, the way it has been since we took out that other trash named Javon Walker.

Comment

He missed the train... Now with Marshall/Royal/Stokley/Scheffler we don't need him at all. Unless he goes through a heavy attitude adjustment, but probably he would not return to Denver.
                        sigpic

Comment

i don't think he would make the team. marshall, royal, stokley are all in for sure. jackson and colbert will most likely make it too. that leaves parker, russle, sam, martinez competing for a possible #6 guy, but i think we will just keep 5 because graham, nate jackson, and scheffler are also good recievers.

Comment

Injuries would have to hi for the Broncos to bring in another WR, so let's hope not.

But, I'd still like to see Lelie with Jay Cutler, but alas, there just isn't enough Vagisil to make that possible......

Comment

Working...
                            X