Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Horn likes the Broncos... and the Chargers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Horn likes the Broncos... and the Chargers.

Horn likes San Diego and Denver

August 19, 2008 4:23 PM

Posted by ESPN.com' s Bill Williamson
    FULL NAME
    Horn

Among the teams newly released wide receiver Joe Horn has an interest in playing for includes the San Diego Chargers and Denver Broncos. His agent, Ralph Vitolo, said he plans to talk to both teams.

"If they are interested in us, we'd be interested in them," Vitolo said of the Chargers and the Broncos.

Of course, Vitolo is not limiting his search for a new home for Horn, who was just cut by Atlanta, to just the AFC West. There are several teams Vitolo and Horn have identified as good fits.

Connections play a key role in San Diego and Denver being on Horn's list. Jimmy Raye is the Chargers' director of pro personnel. Raye's father has a long history with Horn. Denver's assistant general manager, Brian Xanders, worked with Horn in Atlanta.

Connections aside, would either San Diego or Denver have an interest in Horn? He'd be a reserve in both places.

The Chargers have Legedu Naanee and Buster Davis backing up starters Chris Chambers and Vincent Jackson. The Chargers like both players.

Denver has several backup receivers behind young starters Brandon Marshall, who will miss at least the first two games of the season while serving an NFL suspension, and rookie Eddie Royal. They include Brandon Stokley, Darrell Jackson and Keary Colbert. Denver coach Mike Shanahan has a history of signing veteran receivers.

While the Chargers and the Broncos have Horn interested, we'll see if the feeling is mutual.

One thing we know, is that he would most likely come as a cheap vet.

Hm, I wouldn't mind us bringing Horn in.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...nd-Denver.html

One thing we know, is that he would most likely come as a cheap vet.
      I want to see who shanny keeps on the current WR corps before I start trying to add people.

Marshall
      Royal
      Stokley
      Jackson
      Are all in. (In my opinion)

Parker?
      Martinez?
      Colbert?
      Russell?
      Sam?

Horn is better than all them.
      sigpic

Comment

Horn is a lot like Jackson, an older guy who's play dropped significantly in 07......and the question with Horn is the same as with Jackson: Was last years Joe Horn the Joe Horn you'd be getting or the year before? Also: Is it too late in the pre-season for Horn to catch up?

Plus he's got a Hammy injury, he's missed 13 games in the last three seasons and he's old as dirt.

Horn may be barking up the wrong tree......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
          Horn is a lot like Jackson, an older guy who's play dropped significantly in 07......and the question with Horn is the same as with Jackson: Was last years Joe Horn the Joe Horn you'd be getting or the year before? Also: Is it too late in the pre-season for Horn to catch up?

Plus he's got a Hammy injury, he's missed 13 games in the last three seasons and he's old as dirt.

Horn may be barking up the wrong tree......
          yeah. I'm thinking Jackson is already better for our team than horn. I hope he goes to the Chargers though

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            yeah. I'm thinking Jackson is already better for our team than horn. I hope he goes to the Chargers though
            That'd be nice, but I doubt SD has much interest either, I think Horn is just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks......

Comment

How can you like the Broncos AND the Chargers?
              Sounds like a bandwagon fan to me.

But I wouldn't mind giving Horn a shot. We need more WR's anyways.
              I'd rather have him in Denver then in San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                How can you like the Broncos AND the Chargers?
                Sounds like a bandwagon fan to me.

But I wouldn't mind giving Horn a shot. We need more WR's anyways.
                I'd rather have him in Denver then in San Diego.
                YES!

If Gruden and the Bucs can collect all of the marginal QB's, then maybe Denver and Shanahan can collect all of the marginal WR's?!

Comment

Originally posted by pipes View Post
                  YES!

If Gruden and the Bucs can collect all of the marginal QB's, then maybe Denver and Shanahan can collect all of the marginal WR's?!
                  I personally wanted criminals but it looks like the Bungles have that locked up

Comment

Marshall And Royal of course are locks but Brandon Stokely is a must. Lets keep these three healthy/happy and then bring in Horn if needed but Im just not keen on it becuz look at the Javon Walkers and Eddie Kennisons, just didnt happen when we already had our own talent to work with.

Comment

I really like horn and the thought of him being on the team excites me, but I really dont think we should bring any more WR we already have a ton.

Comment

How many back-ups does Eddie Royal need, I'll pass on Horn, he's washed up and was overrated when he was good, no thanks!!!

Comment

Given our history of bad hamstrings...let's add one more just to make Greek earn his pay check!

Not sure it's even worth a look as you need the #5 WR to contribute on ST's. Not too sure Joe Horn would be excited about playing ST's.
                          " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

How stupid is Joe Horn, supposedly he wanted to be released so he could go to a team that has a chance to win...and Sports Center just dropped a quote from him on how he would be interested in going to the Dolphins

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                              I want to see who shanny keeps on the current WR corps before I start trying to add people.

Marshall
                              Royal
                              Stokley
                              Jackson
                              Are all in. (In my opinion)

Parker?
                              Martinez?
                              Colbert?
                              Russell?
                              Sam?

Horn is better than all them.
                              I totally agree! I think it would be nice to see Horn try for the Broncos. Heck we need someone to take Marshall's place for the first two games cuz of his stupidity and getting suspended. Plus this lineup would look nice...

Horn
                              Marshal
                              Stokley
                              Royal

BTW Royal looked awesome against the Coke-boys!
                              sigpic
                              What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Working...
                              X