Rumors: Larry Johnson to the Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    sure why not ... he endorses Rocafella ..jay z's empire but u prolly didnt know that...thats why he throws up tha roc when he gets in the endzone thats rocafellas sign
    I did, but didn't everybody? That doesn't mean it isn't insipid.

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    pittman is pittman he will never be anything more than a 8 carry guy ..more than that and he will not produce .... torrain i am excited about
    Purely speculation. Anyway, having 2 (non-whining team-oriented) big backs pounding away to close a game for 2mil is better than 1 (see previouse post) for 6+ mil. No matter whose jock he is strapped to.

Comment

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
      get lj.

Comment

JOHNSON is a me me me player all the way. Locker room trouble and not team player... I say no thanks!!!
        BRONCO @ BIRTH

Comment

him Brandon Jay and that oline...we would KILL the NFL...

sigpic

Comment

I would be fun to see something happen at the trade deadline, but this rarely happens in footbal.

Comment

Larry Johnson is old. Well, not old, but he'll be 29 later this year. In today's NFL, the shelf life for running backs is short.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                Did you watch the Denver - Kansas City game?
                What LJ can do is unmatched by any RB in the league, except Marion Barber.
                LJs combination of speed, POWER, and patience is unmatchable, but he is
                running behind the worst OL in NFL history... especially that right side of the
                line where his YPC is like 1.2 right now.

I think LJ could do more than Selvin because 1) He can carry the ball more than
                2 times a game 2) You wont have to sub him in and out unless its a passing
                situation and even then he can catch and 3) He isnt going down when a
                toothpick hits him.

But we wont trade LJ to Denver, so maybe ur going about it the right way...
                dont get excited so you cant have a let down.

I definatly did watch it.... Did you see him play the other 4 games? His speed is gone as was seen agianst Denver being caught from behind. Our D was the reason that he got nearly 200 yards, not his ability. Now if this was LJ 2003 I would say jump on it. But LJ is done. Also dont forget his great preformance last week 7 whole yards. You really got to work for that kinda out put.
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

no way in hell, unless carl peterson is pulling a lane kiffin and trying to get his ass fired.

Comment

and you guys are crazy that say you dont want LJ on your team, he is far better than anything you have currently.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      and you guys are crazy that say you dont want LJ on your team, he is far better than anything you have currently.
                      I don't think thats the question.... I think those that 'say' they don't want him have to do with the money and they supposed 'bad attitude.' There is no doubt he's better (by far) than anything we have.

But lets be honest.... I think this is Carl's last season with the Chiefs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                        I definatly did watch it.... Did you see him play the other 4 games? His speed is gone as was seen agianst Denver being caught from behind. Our D was the reason that he got nearly 200 yards, not his ability. Now if this was LJ 2003 I would say jump on it. But LJ is done. Also dont forget his great preformance last week 7 whole yards. You really got to work for that kinda out put.
                        Dude... this is just off. LJ is still stud. Its Herm Edwards that is the problem. Herm stated in week 3, that he wasn't playing to win, and only playing to get the young guys experience. UPROAR from the fans (go figure). SO what does Herm do in week 4? He actually USES LJ . Ta Da.... what do you know...he's actually their best player. So Herm gets a week of rest from the fans, and goes back to what he knows best..... being an idiot and not using his best players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          I don't think thats the question.... I think those that 'say' they don't want him have to do with the money and they supposed 'bad attitude.' There is no doubt he's better (by far) than anything we have.

But lets be honest.... I think this is Carl's last season with the Chiefs anyway.
                          he is worth the money, he is a top 3 back with the proper run blocking. but i guess i can agree with the bad attitude argument.

i hate LJ, but if i was a broncos fan and could get my hands on this guy.....i dunno, i think i would be stoked because that offense would be near unstoppable, even against the best defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            he is worth the money, he is a top 3 back with the proper run blocking. but i guess i can agree with the bad attitude argument.

i hate LJ, but if i was a broncos fan and could get my hands on this guy.....i dunno, i think i would be stoked because that offense would be near unstoppable, even against the best defenses.
                            I'm totally with you on this one. The idea of having a back like LJ in our backfield makes me giggle like a lil school girl. But... its not going to happen. Its a fun dream though.

Comment

Larry Johnson

Is the 5th leading rusher right now in the NFL!!!! Kansas City is not stupid enough to trade LJ. He is considered a Franchise Back he isn't going anywhere. Alot of poster on here keep saying that KC is rebuilding.

Well when you rebuild anything whether it is a house or a motor for a car you have to have a foundation! And right now Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzales and Donnie Edwards are players that you build a team around these players are considered KC's foundation!!!!!

But as far as the answer to the thread goes No I would not want him in Denver. We need a foundation not a Quick fix!!!!! Which i think we have going with Selvin, Hall, Pittman, and possibly Torain (rookie hasn't proved himself yet)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                                Is the 5th leading rusher right now in the NFL!!!! Kansas City is not stupid enough to trade LJ. He is considered a Franchise Back he isn't going anywhere. Alot of poster on here keep saying that KC is rebuilding.

Well when you rebuild anything whether it is a house or a motor for a car you have to have a foundation! And right now Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzales and Donnie Edwards are players that you build a team around these players are considered KC's foundation!!!!!

But as far as the answer to the thread goes No I would not want him in Denver. We need a foundation not a Quick fix!!!!! Which i think we have going with Selvin, Hall, Pittman, and possibly Torain (rookie hasn't proved himself yet)
                                Donnie Edwards???

This will probably be Donnie's last year with the Chiefs as well. He's certainly not a player you 'build around.'

Tony G is at the end of his career. Herm Edwards stated that he wasn't playing to 'win' but to give the 'young' players experience.

I know that LJ isn't leaving KC this season... but are you sure you picked the right players that are considered the 'base foundation' of their youth movement? The team that just traded away a YOUNG DE that led the NFL in sacks?

Comment

Working...
                                X