2009 Impact Free Agent Listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Sensabaugh is out, think he just got arrested for something and had either drugs or guns on him. He's up for a suspension probably. Too bad, he was decent.

The James' are possibilities at Safety, but I'm really hoping we land Sean Jones. And then hit a young safety in the draft.

Your draft looks good, I want that fat kid from Stillman though in the 5-6 round area. I think he'd be more exciting to watch then Dorrell Scott.

That sucks about sensabaugh when did that happen last night???? He would have been solid for us. I love sean jones and have for sometime. problem is he will now be the top paid FS, and i dont think we can afford to get him while addressing the DL as well. He is gonna get paid big time, since the FS FA class is weak and the draft offers only a couple of immediate impact guys in delmas/smith/Johson/martin/Peagues

i chose scott because of his versatility, he could play NT in worse case scenario but also i feel would a be a very solid De in the 3-4....i dont belive stillman has that versatility and versatility has been a keyword thrown about lately.....also scott had 5o tackles and 4 sacks each of his first 2 years, so he is stout againt the run and decent as a pass rusher. i am very high on Dorell scott/chris clemons/and michael hamlin and I belive all 3 will be starters next year in the pros......and clemson players also have some histroy of good success as well.....

Comment

i cant find any story about sensabaugh right now....the only story i can find is marshawn lycnh arrested on a gun possesion charge in south carolina.....you sure it was sensabaugh.....

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
        i cant find any story about sensabaugh right now....the only story i can find is marshawn lycnh arrested on a gun possesion charge in south carolina.....you sure it was sensabaugh.....

NFLdraftscout.com does a great job of reporting relevent news on all NFL players. Here is a link:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2005&genpos=FS

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
          NFLdraftscout.com does a great job of reporting relevent news on all NFL players. Here is a link:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2005&genpos=FS
          thanks....no big deal though its just a suspended license infraction....according to the report......the guns were being carried legally, hence no charges for having them...it brings some character concerns.....but i am a great guy and i have driven on a suspended license 2 different times and been caught..... so perhaps its not as big an issue as is being portrayed.....the guns would worry me if they were illegal but currently its reported that they arent....this is even more ammo for a incentive ladden, clause contract with him that will be cheap.....

Comment

I am leaning more and more towards Sean Jones & Mike Brown. If Brown stays healthy, he would definitely provide that leadership we need. If he does not, I feel we are still planing on getting a S in the draft (and Brown would be a good mentor).

Brown will also come real cheap, making Jones more likely.

Comment

I am leaning more and more towards Sean Jones & Mike Brown. If Brown stays healthy, he would definitely provide that leadership we need. If he does not, I feel we are still planing on getting a S in the draft (and Brown would be a good mentor).

Brown will also come real cheap, making Jones more likely.

i love mike brown and would be all for him coming here, however with his injury history i dont think it is a risk this staff will take. as for sean jones he will get paid the top FS money on the market and will probally end up being the highest paid FS out there. we will probally not be in the sweepstakes for him unless he really just wants to come to denver. with ogowe of the market it kinda screwed us from having a good chance at sean jones to a slim chance at sean jones, especially if we want canty and mike wright as well....

i just dont see the sean jones as likely, and given the past 2 weeks i dont think our staff will enter the sweepstakes for such a valued FA like him....

but if we end up with brown, bell, sanders, or jones i will be happy....

Comment

There have been a number of discussions about Gabe Watson - probably the best available NT in FA. I used to like him a bit more, but I'm becoming a bit concerned.

I know Arizona is planning to continue a similar scheme as they ran last year which includes a good mix of 3-4. Wisenhunt also seems to favor even more 3-4. Now, unless Alan Branch is ready to assume that role (and he didn't play much last year) ... I wonder about the value of a guy that Arizona would be willing to let walk.

I read a blurb recently on Ronald Fields from SF. Nolan would certainly know the guy. He's not mentioned in your list, perhaps because he may be more of a role player/stop gap than an Impact FA. But, I'm thinking he might be a better option than giving up a 4th for a guy that a team running some 3-4 doesn't want.

Comment

Originally posted by neutessa View Post
                  There have been a number of discussions about Gabe Watson - probably the best available NT in FA. I used to like him a bit more, but I'm becoming a bit concerned.

I know Arizona is planning to continue a similar scheme as they ran last year which includes a good mix of 3-4. Wisenhunt also seems to favor even more 3-4. Now, unless Alan Branch is ready to assume that role (and he didn't play much last year) ... I wonder about the value of a guy that Arizona would be willing to let walk.

I read a blurb recently on Ronald Fields from SF. Nolan would certainly know the guy. He's not mentioned in your list, perhaps because he may be more of a role player/stop gap than an Impact FA. But, I'm thinking he might be a better option than giving up a 4th for a guy that a team running some 3-4 doesn't want.
                  Watson is likely out of contention, as from what I am hearing Arizona is going to give him a decent sized short-term contract with extensions, likely 3 year 13 million with a huge chunk being guaranteed.

Fields is a good stop gap, role player as you stated, he knows the system well enough and has played for Nolan in the past. Colin Cole is an option, though he is untested at the position, but his size screams nose tackle, he could be a viable cheap option to try at the position. Wright from New England can play nose, but I think he will get signed by someone to start as a 3-4 defensive end. Ethan Kelley from Cleveland and Grady Jackson from Atlanta are also possible stop gap prospects Denver may look to. Unless Denver trades down, I do not see us walking out of the draft with either of the two big nose candidates in the draft, Raji and Brace. Though I have a sleeper nose tackle in the draft, just not sure we can fix the nose position this year. Cole has the most upside and possibility to be more of all those mentioned...we will just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                    Watson is likely out of contention, as from what I am hearing Arizona is going to give him a decent sized short-term contract with extensions, likely 3 year 13 million with a huge chunk being guaranteed.

Fields is a good stop gap, role player as you stated, he knows the system well enough and has played for Nolan in the past. Colin Cole is an option, though he is untested at the position, but his size screams nose tackle, he could be a viable cheap option to try at the position. Wright from New England can play nose, but I think he will get signed by someone to start as a 3-4 defensive end. Ethan Kelley from Cleveland and Grady Jackson from Atlanta are also possible stop gap prospects Denver may look to. Unless Denver trades down, I do not see us walking out of the draft with either of the two big nose candidates in the draft, Raji and Brace. Though I have a sleeper nose tackle in the draft, just not sure we can fix the nose position this year. Cole has the most upside and possibility to be more of all those mentioned...we will just have to wait and see.
                    I agree ... might be a year of evaluation of NTs and, if needed, an upgrade next year.

I tend to think there is a good chance of the Broncos going after both Fields (or a similar level NT) and Wright. Wright definitely fits the mold of the Broncos desire for versatile players.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                      Colin Cole is an option, though he is untested at the position, but his size screams nose tackle, he could be a viable cheap option to try at the position.
                      News out of GB is that Cole does not fit a 3-4 so they are letting him walk without any attempt to sign him. Size or not, that does not sound good.

Comment

News out of GB is that Cole does not fit a 3-4 so they are letting him walk without any attempt to sign him. Size or not, that does not sound good.
                        I thought they were letting him go because they wanted to upgrade...lol. Oh well, hopefully Denver can find someone to fit the system or hybrid defense as McDaniels called it.

Comment

Add Marcus Washington to the list, he could be a good ILB backup if he came cheap. Great locker room guy and could mix in at SLB in hybrid looks.

Wow the released Curry too. Curry would be a very nice 5th WR that is best suited to the slot, but in a spread offense would be a nice option inside with stokley in 4 wide set. Should be dirt cheap.

Just going to keep editing. Glad to see Baker up there as the #3 TE. He may be a little to costly, but Baker as our #3 TE would be a huge upgrade over Jackson and Mustard. We only have 2 TE on the roster (and Leach).

There are some decent players being cut, glad we are in good cap shape.

DJ Hackett just got released too. Very talented WR, he should be available for a min contract.
                          Last edited by Cutler2007; 02-25-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Fields Signs With Denver!

Originally posted by neutessa View Post
                            I agree ... might be a year of evaluation of NTs and, if needed, an upgrade next year.

I tend to think there is a good chance of the Broncos going after both Fields (or a similar level NT) and Wright. Wright definitely fits the mold of the Broncos desire for versatile players.
                            Looks like we just locked up Fields from S.F. - Here's a positive blurb from RotoWorld.com:

Broncos agreed to terms with DT Ronald Fields on a two-year, $5 million contract.
                            The rest of the league missed the boat on Fields, who is 27, 6'2/321, and can play both tackle and end. He gives new DC Mike Nolan a realistic option to play nose tackle in 3-4 looks. Save career special teamer Darrell Reid, Fields is the Broncos' first upside signing of the offseason. All their other pickups have been 29 or older, including the long snapper.

Comment

I think we should have gone after Keith Brooking...he is a very underrated LB and prolly could get him pretty cheap. Ray Lewis is still out there and Zach Thomas. I no they are a lil old right now but sign them to a two year deal and draft LBs and DL in the draft. They can learn from two very talented LB's. I know our D line wont but thats a different story. Our defense was horrible last year. We cant afford to try to go scoring 40 points a game again to win. These would be great additions. I know we didnt need jabarr gaffney or arrington. we need defense....defense...defense. but the buckhalter signing i thought was a solid one.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper broncfan View Post
                                I think we should have gone after Keith Brooking...he is a very underrated LB and prolly could get him pretty cheap. Ray Lewis is still out there and Zach Thomas. I no they are a lil old right now but sign them to a two year deal and draft LBs and DL in the draft. They can learn from two very talented LB's. I know our D line wont but thats a different story. Our defense was horrible last year. We cant afford to try to go scoring 40 points a game again to win. These would be great additions. I know we didnt need jabarr gaffney or arrington. we need defense....defense...defense. but the buckhalter signing i thought was a solid one.
                                It really looks like one of two things are going to happen:

1. Nolan and Martindale really liked what they from Larsen on film, and do not not want to sign anyone to block him as a starter. He may actually get a legit shot to win the job. If not Davis can fill the role and we go ILB next year.

2. Denver really likes a guy in the draft, and once again does not want to block his spot with a big signing.

That is how I see it anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X