No announcement yet.

Trade Marshall For Boldin Straight Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Marshall For Boldin Straight Up?

What would you think of this trade?

I think Brandon Marshall is drifting ever so near the same place Clinton Portis got to, and you know a contract demand is on the horizon. Marshall is not going to appreciate getting paid fourth round money next season.

Boldin wants out of Arizona, would relish the opportunity to be a No. 1 in Denver, and catch balls from Jay Cutler. He would likely be co-operative in re-negotiating his contract, and IMO, you get the better WR, at least right now.

Marshall has proven he is too much about Brandon Marshall, and has bad judgement.

Boldin wants to get paid, but he is a pro's pro, and comes to play because he truly loves the game. He is a good teammate, and would not have to be counseled in the End Zone by Brandon Stokley about possibly costing your team a critical 15 yd penalty in the Cleveland game because you wanted to make a political demonstration.

I guarantee you, Pat Bowlen and Mike Shanahan do not share Mardshall's political views, and would not have appreciated him costing the team.
    ...and that on top of his suspension, and all the other headaches he has been responsible for at Dove Valley.

Shanahan has shown no patience with Marshall types, so a trade like this is a very real possibility, IMO.

sounds like someone is still a lil upset with the election eh?
    and how do you know what bowlen's and shanny's political views are...sure they wouldve been pissed about it, but not because of the statement, they would've been pissed about the penalty that followed it.

i love boldin, he is an amazing player. but it would still be cheaper to resign marshall than to trade for, and then get a new deal done for boldin...and i believe marshall will have a better career than boldin anyway

Comment

[QUOTE=Den615;2436388]sounds like someone is still a lil upset with the election eh?
      and how do you know what bowlen's and shanny's political views are...sure they wouldve been pissed about it, but not because of the statement, they would've been pissed about the penalty that followed it.

i love boldin, he is an amazing player. but it would still be cheaper to resign marshall than to trade for, and then get a new deal done for boldin...and i believe marshall

Me, upset about the election???

Quite the contrary...

Bowlen and Shanahan are Republicans.

I know that because both have supported Republian candidates in Colorado.

The point is, its always SOMETHING with Marshall, and that's the problem.

It is a matter of opinion who is the better receiver, and thats what makes it a good trade. The value is there for both sides.

Given the choice, I would take Boldin.

But you still did not address the issue, and that is Shanahan has shown little patience for the Marshall types, so what will makes things different with Brandon now?

Comment

[QUOTE=MindField;2436437]
        Originally posted by Den615 View Post

i love boldin, he is an amazing player. but it would still be cheaper to resign marshall than to trade for, and then get a new deal done for boldin...and i believe marshall

Quite the contrary...

It is a matter of opinion who is the better receiver, and thats what makes it a good trade. The value is there for both sides.

But you still did not address the issue, and that is Shanahan has shown little patience for the Marshall types, so what will makes things different with Brandon now?
        I actually like the idea. I have always liked Boldin. Marshall at times seems like a time bomb.

It was really interesting how Boldin handled his displeasure with his contract this offseason. He expressed that he was unhappy about it, but he said he would still be professional about it and come in and work his butt off. He has done just that.

Marshall says the right things in front of the cameras, but on the field he reminds me alot of TO, both with the dropped passes and the mental lapses if he is not being targetted.

Don't get me wrong, I love to watch Brandon play (most of the time), but I am a big Boldin fan, but if Brandon was on another team I don't know if I would feel the same way about him.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

This one time, I want to take the risk with a guy like Marshall....

So no, I don't like the trade.

Comment

shanny said he woulnt trade marshall for anyone in the nfl...if he did...I would have to turn on shanny...period...but I wont because he wont:salute!:

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=MindField;2436437]
              Originally posted by Den615 View Post

Quite the contrary...

my bad, i see your point now (i still think they would have been more upset about the penalty than the gesture itself)

i think i would still take marshall. he does have his problems, but it appears he is headed in the right direction. also he has said he wants to stay in denver for his career, so i dont think there will be any ugly contract disputes.

and to finally get to the point of the original post...i think/hope that shanny has learned that some players are worth the risk (ex. portis' success in washington) and if brandon continues on the path he is on he should remain in denver for the next 10 years or so :salute!:

Comment

marshall is younger and he still has much more upside...

boldin is great, dont get me wrong, but he older and he isnt going to get better than he is...

and if the 2 are on the same skill set right now or close, i dont see the point of this trade...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                  What would you think of this trade?

I think Brandon Marshall is drifting ever so near the same place Clinton Portis got to, and you know a contract demand is on the horizon. Marshall is not going to appreciate getting paid fourth round money next season.

Boldin wants out of Arizona, would relish the opportunity to be a No. 1 in Denver, and catch balls from Jay Cutler. He would likely be co-operative in re-negotiating his contract, and IMO, you get the better WR, at least right now.

Marshall has proven he is too much about Brandon Marshall, and has bad judgement.

Boldin wants to get paid, but he is a pro's pro, and comes to play because he truly loves the game. He is a good teammate, and would not have to be counseled in the End Zone by Brandon Stokley about possibly costing your team a critical 15 yd penalty in the Cleveland game because you wanted to make a political demonstration.

I guarantee you, Pat Bowlen and Mike Shanahan do not share Mardshall's political views, and would not have appreciated him costing the team.
                  ...and that on top of his suspension, and all the other headaches he has been responsible for at Dove Valley.

Shanahan has shown no patience with Marshall types, so a trade like this is a very real possibility, IMO.
                  First off..Boldin is not going to leave AZ, they will resign him. Second...why trade, if Boldin does hit the FA market lets just sign him and keep both of them. Marshall, Boldin, Royal, Stokley...what a WR corps we would have!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Marshall is stunting Jay Cutler's growth as an NFL QB. Cutler leans on Marshall as a crutch and Marshall tries to keep up with Braylon Edwards in the non catching department.

Marshall may indeed one day be the best WR in NFL and taht is why Denver should trade him b4 the draft to a team like Philly who desperately needs a #1 WR and has an extra 1st rd pick plus some. Denver can then go the route of signing TJ Houshmanzadeh and still have a very good WR corps. Jay can than start to pass the ball around learn his progressions instead of appeasing one WR in his quest to break every record in the book.

Comment

Boldin is easily better than Marshall, but I see no reason why Zona would make
                      the trade...

Either way they will have to re-negotiate a contract, so why not keep the better
                      player that has proven to be a good fit for your team?
                      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I would love this trade, Marshall plays half hearted sometimes and seems to give up on plays all the time.

Boldin is a top 3 reciever in this league, and he will be less expensive than Marshall. Marshall, when the time comes will want top 5 WR money and Boldin will be happy with top 10 or 12, a real high character guy!

With this said, Whisenhunt will never allow this to happen, we would have to throw in like a 3rd or 4th round pick!

Comment

There is no way, NO way that Arizona trades Anquan Boldin for Brandon Marshall.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Cutler and Marshall have too much of a rapport. Marshall won't want out because he wants to build a Montana-Rice, Manning-Harrison type relationship with Jay.

The thing about this trade that I find interesting would be to see how Cutler would progress from it. He'd lose his primary crutch, and although he'd warm up to Boldin--he'd get familiar with the other guys first and have more of a tendency to spread it around more often. You've also got to remember that Marshall looks better than he is with all of the looks he gets from the quarterback. It goes both ways, yes--but remember when you can plug Boldin in we'd be looking at about the same thing. Although remember Boldin does have Fitz on the other side to help him out...

They're very comparable in skill. Essentially, you're asking if we'd trade Marshall's baggage for Boldin's age. So the question to ask yourself is how much of a 'thug' do you think Marshall is? I'll stick with Brandon, trying anything else would be an experiment with little more upside that what we have now. I'd rather stay with the known.

Comment

That trade really wouldn't help us. Yes, Boldin may be a little better than Marshall, but the receivers are not our problem. I'm a firm believer in the mantra, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it."

And last I checked, Boldin wants a new contract too.
                              Last edited by Max Power; 11-26-2008, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X