Do I dare suggest this?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I dare suggest this?....

Larry Johnson reportedly wants out of KC.
    Darren Sproles wants to be a free-agent.

Wouldnt this be a nice 1-2 punch with Hillis leading the way?
    sigpic

LJ is on the decline and would demand to much money.

Sproles is intriguing however. Some have argued that he could never be an everydown back, but he showed plenty of toughness in San Diego. While he would not be good for 25 carries a gam, he would be very effective if you match him up with somebody like Ryan Torain....

He would be worth signing, but look for San Diego to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockies24 View Post
      LJ is on the decline and would demand to much money.

Sproles is intriguing however. Some have argued that he could never be an everydown back, but he showed plenty of toughness in San Diego. While he would not be good for 25 carries a gam, he would be very effective if you match him up with somebody like Ryan Torain....

He would be worth signing, but look for San Diego to keep him.
      If hes smart he'll know that his stock has declined in the past couple of seasons so I dont think hed be too much money
      sigpic

Comment

Sproles yes, LJ no.
        sigpic

Comment

It'd be great, but I think we should save cap space for Defense.

We may already have our sproles in Anthony Aldridge anyway.

Besides look who we already will have at RB/FB: Hillis, Aldridge,Torain,Selvin Young,... Thats 4 and thats leaving out several backs that we will be seeing again next year.(and for all the Selvin Young haters out there, he still finished the season with 5+ yds a carry, he stays on the team with that number, may not be our number one back, but he will be back)

So cap space and roster room, i vote no.

Comment

Larry had some off-field problems this year with the assault charges (surprisingly, they were NOT filed by the Denver defense). After the Travis Henry "issues", I doubt the Broncos would look at another RB with off-field troubles.

Sproles I like... but I don't think he's an every-down back. He reminds me of Eric Metcalf a little bit. I'd like to have him in the fold, but I don't think finances would allow that.
            Omaha! Hurry! Hurry!

Comment

no to sproles, but I would take larry johnson, he would fit this team perfectly, get 4 to 6 yards on 1st down. thats what we need,
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSays View Post
                Larry had some off-field problems this year with the assault charges (surprisingly, they were NOT filed by the Denver defense). After the Travis Henry "issues", I doubt the Broncos would look at another RB with off-field troubles.

Sproles I like... but I don't think he's an every-down back. He reminds me of Eric Metcalf a little bit. I'd like to have him in the fold, but I don't think finances would allow that.
                so you if Brandon Marshall were on another team and we had a chance to get him, you wouldn't want him because of his off the field issues?

LJ's off the field issues are so minor, I'm surprised they are even mentioned. he has "simple assault" charges for throwing a drink in the face of a woman and spitting in her face. ok not real classy, not real smart, but more like a bad decision, a mistake, but I wouldn't call that a real serious off the field issue. LJ is pretty lightweight compared to the other punks and thugs in this league. You could also put it in his contract, he has to get anger counseling or whatever stipulations you want, but any deal can be done.

This would be a helluva deal, because you can offer him an incentive laden contract, and lure him to a playoff contending team (which is what he wants). Everyone thinks he'll command big money, which he really doesn't care about the money, he's said so publicly, he just wants to win. Yes he did sign a big long term deal and held out, but only because KC wasn't winning...when you're losing, money is your bandaid.

crappy thing is, if we don't sign him, another team we have to play might, and with our luck, it'll come back to haunt us. Let's just hope it's not the Raiders or the Chargers that sign him, I'd hate to have to face him on a team that has a better O-line than the Chiefs.

anyhow, this is a win win situation for the Broncos if they sign him because he'll be good for at least 1500 yards with us and our zone blocking scheme, and if he gets into trouble, then you offload him after the season with minimal loss, but you make sure his guaranteed money only comes after we get the production from him, not before.

Comment

Originally posted by 97svtinkc View Post
                  so you if Brandon Marshall were on another team and we had a chance to get him, you wouldn't want him because of his off the field issues?

LJ's off the field issues are so minor, I'm surprised they are even mentioned. he has "simple assault" charges for throwing a drink in the face of a woman and spitting in her face. ok not real classy, not real smart, but more like a bad decision, a mistake, but I wouldn't call that a real serious off the field issue. LJ is pretty lightweight compared to the other punks and thugs in this league. You could also put it in his contract, he has to get anger counseling or whatever stipulations you want, but any deal can be done.

This would be a helluva deal, because you can offer him an incentive laden contract, and lure him to a playoff contending team (which is what he wants). Everyone thinks he'll command big money, which he really doesn't care about the money, he's said so publicly, he just wants to win. Yes he did sign a big long term deal and held out, but only because KC wasn't winning...when you're losing, money is your bandaid.

crappy thing is, if we don't sign him, another team we have to play might, and with our luck, it'll come back to haunt us. Let's just hope it's not the Raiders or the Chargers that sign him, I'd hate to have to face him on a team that has a better O-line than the Chiefs.

anyhow, this is a win win situation for the Broncos if they sign him because he'll be good for at least 1500 yards with us and our zone blocking scheme, and if he gets into trouble, then you offload him after the season with minimal loss, but you make sure his guaranteed money only comes after we get the production from him, not before.
                  Couldnt have said it any better.
                  I still like Sproles too. And I like the fact that we could keep him from tearing us apart by signing him, like Shanny said. I think we should pretty much clean runningback house. Keep Bell and release the others. Get LJ and Sproles and I think we'd have a very dangerous running game.
                  sigpic

Comment

LJ no

Sproles no

Beanie Wells? YES PLEASE

Comment

I'm with you on this. Wells, Moreno, or McCoy. omahaBronco fan, Selvin Young is some major garbage!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bjohnson1969 View Post
                        I'm with you on this. Wells, Moreno, or McCoy. omahaBronco fan, Selvin Young is some major garbage!!!
                        selvin might not even come back...a ruptured disc in your neck is a very serious, potentially career ending injury

and LJ wont end up in the AFC West...hes still under contract and the chiefs would never trade him to a division rival

Comment

Heheehehe. We'd be unstopable.

Comment

what about anthony aldridge?
                            sigpic

Comment

Sproles would be awesome, especially returning.

Comment

Working...
                              X