Moore Is Less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
    this is true i liked what i saw from him alot today, i also like what i saw from hamlin for clemson

i have been dissapointed with chip vaughn, taylor mays, william moore, cook because he got himself ineligble, and louis delmas....aslo chris clemons definetly looked like a 6th rd pick for clemson as well

i will be keenly watching sean smith from utah and Rashad johnson tonight. Smith is a huge cb that fits the FS ballhawk role....
    I think Delmas was like the rest of the W Michigan kids, they were in over their heads, and it was obvious Rice ran plays away from him. He is still a good prospect, especially in the second round, where he has very good value.

I am also intriugued by Sean Smith from Utah. I just don't know how much you will be able to tell from tonights game, because I think Alabama is going to destroy Utah, but we'll see.

Comment

I believe I saw 3 games with William Moore in 2008. I saw that a lot of people were excited about him so I decided to see him in action. I watched him slip trying to cover 1 on 1, allowing a TD. I watched him quit playing before the whistle while his teammates were trying to tackle the ball carrier. He might become a great safety, but then I just got unlucky and missed his big plays.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
        I think Delmas was like the rest of the W Michigan kids, they were in over their heads, and it was obvious Rice ran plays away from him. He is still a good prospect, especially in the second round, where he has very good value.

I am also intriugued by Sean Smith from Utah. I just don't know how much you will be able to tell from tonights game, because I think Alabama is going to destroy Utah, but we'll see.

this is true, they are a little over there heads as well perhaps, and yeah your right about delmas i like him he is fundementaly sound, i just was hyped up more than i should have been perhaps as rice put it to them

smith thoough he is a ballhawk and with his size he knows how to lay the wood effectively, i would draft him in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
          Chancellor was all over the field that game but there have been many others where he has not been. He has disappeared for several games and certainly doesn't appear to have the impact at safety that he had at that OLB / Rover position they play at Tech. I attribute it to lack of playing time at free safety. I think he has played almost every position at Virginia Tech. He is big and hits hard but unless he can run really really fast I would guess he comes back to school for his senior year.

I agree with you on Suh. I loved that kid the other day. I had not seen him play until that bowl game. I hope he comes out.
          Suh is a beast, and an incredible athlete. If he comes out, he will go in the Top 15 for sure, and probably higher than that.

I also have liked what I have seen from Peria Jerry today, and when you pair that with the Florida and LSU games, he is a lock to be a Top 20 player.

Another DT I liked yesterday was Clemson DT Dorell Scott. He played on the nose and handled double teams all day, yet still got penetration and was tough against the run. He looks like a legit NFL DT to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            I believe I saw 3 games with William Moore in 2008. I saw that a lot of people were excited about him so I decided to see him in action. I watched him slip trying to cover 1 on 1, allowing a TD. I watched him quit playing before the whistle while his teammates were trying to tackle the ball carrier. He might become a great safety, but then I just got unlucky and missed his big plays.
            He looks much better playing close to the LOS than he does in coverage. He also has a knack for blitzing off the corner, as evidenced by his sack that basically won the game for Mizzou...but he is less than ideal in coverage, and seems to be going in the wrong direction alot of the time.

Overall, I am just not a big fan, and I would rather not draft him at all.

There are better Safeties to be had IMO.

Comment

Suh is a beast, and an incredible athlete. If he comes out, he will go in the Top 15 for sure, and probably higher than that.

I also have liked what I have seen from Peria Jerry today, and when you pair that with the Florida and LSU games, he is a lock to be a Top 20 player.

Another DT I liked yesterday was Clemson DT Dorell Scott. He played on the nose and handled double teams all day, yet still got penetration and was tough against the run. He looks like a legit NFL DT to me.

the DT crop is looking better than anticipated for the 1st 2 rds.

Suh did look great.

and myoung chancellor is going to declare.....he sucks in school...lol

Comment

He looks much better playing close to the LOS than he does in coverage. He also has a knack for blitzing off the corner, as eveidenced by the sack that basically won the game for Mizzou...but he is less than ideal in coverage, and seems to be going in the wrong direction.

Overall, I am just not a big fan, and I would rather not draft him at all.

There are better Safeties to be had.

his junior year when he was helathy he was a great cover safety and ballhawk this year his injuries affected him in coiverage in my opinion but he has shown a uncanny ability to be versatile and play in the box and do it well, he could play what manuel did for us and do it much better as a 1st year player....i think he is a rd 2 safety now though...who knows if he was there in rd 2 the value would be on target to his performance

Comment

Working...
                X