Brian Orakpo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Orakpo???

Just saw a new MOCK DRAFT with Brian Orakpo available at the 15th Pick.

__________________________________________________ _______________

In my mind I didn't believe that Brian Orakpo would be availble to us. I think Denver would have to think long and hard if he was sitting there at 12.

Our DE's suck.

John Engelberger ---110% effort but just isn't that talented. Wish Jarvis Moss had his HEART.

E. Ekuban-----------Old Veteran DE who's best days are behind him.

Jarvis Moss----------Former 1st Round Pick who has been a BUST so far.

Tim Crowder---------Played well last year and was no where to be found this year. Wish he would have had more playing time. In my mind just as good as Engelberger.

Elvis Dumervill--------Down year for him. Might truely be a 3rd down DE. Hurt his hand this year but looked alot SLOWER than last year.

At 6'4" 260lbs Brian Orakpo would be a Huge Upgrade at DE.

What does anyone else think if he fell into our laps at 12???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????

He is the Vernon Gholston of this years 1st round, he puts up huge numbers at work outs and played well on the field but it is up in the air weather it will transfer on the field in the NFL he seems like to much of a risk to be taken so high, I said the same thing last season about gholston and he has struggled to do anything on the field this season for the jets.

I would stay away from him he could be huge or he could bust big time, I would go with one of the 3 MLB's who we should beable to draft and start right away and be a stud. And if we are going DL in the 1st I would take Raji since a DT and a DE would both need some time to develope and Raji seems like he would work out better for us.

Comment

Ringo56
      best mock draft wishes i have seen so far. Im with your mock if we got half does guys id be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn05 View Post
        Ringo56
        best mock draft wishes i have seen so far. Im with your mock if we got half does guys id be happy.
        Thanks:salute!: I always try hard to be realistic with my/our picks, and fill needs I hit on 3 of our picks last year but 2 were taken later then I had em. But I still call that a success

Comment

Ringo----I agree that that Brian Orakpo is more of a hit and miss than BJ Raji but we have a HUGE hole at DE.

My thoughts on these players

Rey Maualuga-----Big , Nasty LB. Would love his nastiness on Defense.

BJ Raji------------Stud DT would make great addition to our Dline.

Taylor Mays------Huge Potential but also has slight bust factor. Just hasn't produce for years. Still a little unknown.

William Moore-----Good Player who is slipping in the draft might be available in 2nd Round.

James Laurinitis---Good Tackler kind of like DJ. Doesn't make Bone CRUSHING HITS. Just brings down ball carriers , can be dragged. Not dominate player.

Knowshown Moreno*****Reminds of Terrell Davis and LT combined. Same size as TD. Very productive and has a nose for the ENDZONE. Would only consider this pick if we get 2 IMPACT Free Agents in the Offseason. ie Albert Haynesworth/Brian Dawkins.

Patrick Chung------------Production , Production ,Production has started over 40 games. Would love to see him as our 2nd Round Pick.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
            Ringo----I agree that that Brian Orakpo is more of a hit and miss than BJ Raji but we have a HUGE hole at DE.

My thoughts on these players

Rey Maualuga-----Big , Nasty LB. Would love his nastiness on Defense.

BJ Raji------------Stud DT would make great addition to our Dline.

Taylor Mays------Huge Potential but also has slight bust factor. Just hasn't produce for years. Still a little unknown.

William Moore-----Good Player who is slipping in the draft might be available in 2nd Round.

James Laurinitis---Good Tackler kind of like DJ. Doesn't make Bone CRUSHING HITS. Just brings down ball carriers , can be dragged. Not dominate player.

Knowshown Moreno*****Reminds of Terrell Davis and LT combined. Same size as TD. Very productive and has a nose for the ENDZONE. Would only consider this pick if we get 2 IMPACT Free Agents in the Offseason. ie Albert Haynesworth/Brian Dawkins.

Patrick Chung------------Production , Production ,Production has started over 40 games. Would love to see him as our 2nd Round Pick.

I am 100% against a RB in the first 5 rounds look what we did this year with all the injuries we had, if we come out next year and struggle then I would toss most of the guys we have and spend a 1st or 2nd on one but at this point I want to see a year with who we have.

Chung is stable not great but wont let you down and alot can be said for that!

The more I look at the big 3 MLB's the more I dislike them all in their own ways, but all would be productive and a upgrade for us so I wouldn't be upset with any of them.

I like Raji this year best case is if we can trade down to later in the first and take him there but I am ok with taking him at 12 and would be very happy he is a younger better version of Kris Jenkins IMO

I've never been a fan of Moore he played out of his mind his junior season but has played in the toilet this year. I wouldn't spend a 1st on him. I am however a fan of Mays he does have question marks but he is a big nasty FS who can cover the hole field lay the wood and play the ball which is exactly what we need I would take him in a heartbeat but I don't see him dropping out of the top 10 and if he does he won't get past SF at 11.

There aren't any first round DE's who make me think they will be a beast in the NFL they all seem like Javaris Moss "potential" some will pan out some won't it a risk teams are going to take, we can't afford to pick on a potential DE again.

Comment

Can't argue with BJ Raji-he would be a great pick

I do prefer Patrick Chung in 2nd. Much more Experienced and has produced for 4 years. You can watch him tonight

Comment

our defenive line needs SIZE. Yet another undersized DE like Orakpo wouldn't solve any problems. I've heard sports anylists point out several times that our d-line gets pushed out of the way because they are the small, quick type. It would be great to get a 280# + DE.

Comment

I questioned Orakpo's size before the Oklahoma game. I then saw him turn
                  Loadholt inside out with his speed, and then out of no where he started bull
                  rushing Loadholt... and winning. Orakpo's size leads you to think he is only a
                  speed rusher which is his bread and butter but his strength is unbelievable.

Everyone calls him Vernon Gholston, but Gholston only moved up draft boards
                  because of the combine. The combine isnt even out yet and Orakpo is already
                  a top 10 pick... That being said, I'm hoping the Chiefs draft him so...
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Any real chance at Orakpo?

I've been seeing some mock draft from "experts" that say he'll get drafted quite a bit below us.

Do you guys really think we have a shot at him? I've watched him very closely at being a Longhorns fan and this guy is insane. If you guys didn't see him dominate against OU (arguably the top offensive line in college), it's pretty amazing.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There are some good highlights of him against OU both against the run and the pass. He regularly can be seen using his immense strength to either throw off his blocker or his speed to run around them and chase down the play.

I loved the last play they show as he stays home on the playfake and blows up what would have been a wide open play.

After seeing all our our defensive players over commit on countless plays this year, I'd love to see somebody like that playing here.

Comment

theres a good chance . . . . but it also possible that he could catapult into the top 10 when he puts a crazy workout together
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

You can bet his workout will be insane, this dude is a freak.

Go Broncos
                        Hook'Em Horns

Comment

Yeah there is a chance.

I dont like how he gets knicked up. at this point i like Brown better and not by much. i think with the coaching change we need to see if the new cordinator(s) can do with Crowdewr and Moss. before we go out and spend more picks in that area.
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

In the last draft 5 of the top 10 picks were defensive linemen That's due to Bill Parcells "Planet Theory": that there are only so many men big enough and athletic enough to excel as a defensive lineman in the NFL, so if you get a chance to draft one you'd better take it.

Realistically, for the Broncos to get one of the top 3 DL they'd probably have to trade up to around the #7-10 slot. But, that's not such a reach since they are at #12 right now. Some years a top DT can fall to #12 (as Haloti Ngata did in 2006). Other times you can get one at #10, as Houston did in grabbing Amobe Okoye last season.

In 2008 though, Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, Vernon Gholsten, Sedrick Ellis, and Derrick Harvey all went in the top 8 picks. That's 5 out of 8 picks spent on D-linemen.

Expect something similar in 2009. This is more and more of a passing league and every team needs strong fast athletic pass-rushers at the DT/DE positions and there just aren't enough such players to go around.

So, they get taken very early.

Last year at this time these boards were full of speculation about the Broncos possibly having a chance at Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis -- and both were long gone when the Broncos picked at #12.
                            sigpic

Comment

none at all unless he injures himself or stinks up the combine.

Comment

Working...
                              X