No announcement yet.

Taylor Mays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

This article tells a different story.......

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post
      People saying don't draft a safety in the first round are stupid and need to get their head checked.

Did you watch a down of bronco football this year?

WE NEED A GOOD SAFETY.

Mays = force in the middle slot WRs will fear this guy
      I didn't say Denver didn't need a good safety, I said that Denver has bigger/more important holes in the front seven.

Try to deny that and be as intelligent as you think you are all at the same time.......Good luck.......

Comment

Who's up for Moore in the second even if we have to trade up some?

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
          http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=...o&confirm=true

I prefer this analysis, for the reasons mentioned above.

Last football season, I wrote that a great center is crucial to a team's success. Sunday's Chargers-Bears game underscored my point: If the center...

Vic completely overrates the DE (as does much of the NFL). Easily overcome by assigning an extra blocker to chip the rusher. They are one of the easiest defenders to neutralize and even the best can disappear for quarters at a time. If I was going to get a great rushing talent, I'd rather have a rushing LB who can come from different spots like Merriman than a guy set in a 3-point stance all game. That's much harder to account for. Of course, to bring that extra pressure out of a 4-3, you'll wish you had a really good FS.

About .7 sacks a game and about 1.6 tackles (Freeney) doesn't impact a game more than the impact that the S makes on the entire secondary, plus the 6 tackles a game (Sanders) you can expect out of a really good safety.
          Last edited by Lomax; 01-02-2009, 12:25 PM.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

I didn't say Denver didn't need a good safety, I said that Denver has bigger/more important holes in the front seven.

Try to deny that and be as intelligent as you think you are all at the same time.......Good luck.......
            You wanna upgrade the front seven? So do I but first round DE and DT tend to bust more than any other position and they take longer to develop I don't know about you but I want immediate contributors on defense. LB and Safety have a chance to make a great impact right away and there are not many first round busts at LB or Safety.

Front seven in FA

Safety and LB in draft.

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=...o&confirm=true

Most important position yet most bust potential IMO.

Look at crowder and moss still developing maybe with a real defensive mind in at HC they can turn these guys into something

it takes a good 2-3 maybe 4 years to develop a DE unless hes just a straight up stud like Mario Williams.

look at Michael Johnson this year he won't be anything big until about 3 years into his career.
            Last edited by The Dyna$ty; 01-02-2009, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X